OP
OP

malinecentral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck AWD
OP here. I responded to Tesla and asked what they would offer me for the vehicle. The response I received was “Tesla currently does not offer a trade-in without a new purchase occurring, or to facilitate us taking it back without the trade-in.” I have it in writing. I had given Tesla the opportunity to purchase the vehicle back and they said they can’t. That may change in the future but I think it makes sense for now. What are they going to do with a “used” CyberTruck when they are selling new ones? They aren’t going to sell used ones at Manheim for more than they are selling the new ones for. Either way I took that as a green light to sell. Good luck all.
Sponsored

OP
OP

malinecentral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck AWD
Also, for what it’s worth, I never intentionally reserved 3 CyberTrucks. I watched the event live and as soon as it said that we were able to reserve now I tried. And tried. I tried multiple times while it errored out. I tried until I saw a confirmation on the screen. I woke up to 3 reservations.

Does it suck that I am now banned? Sure. I love my other Teslas. I loved the CyberTruck. But the truck I reserved was supposed to be under 60k with full self driving. Ends up over 40k more. The current Tesla’s I have in my driveway are worth 40k less than than they were a year ago.

Draw your own conclusions. The market for Teslas are controlled by Tesla. I didn’t buy it to sell it but when opportunity knocks I at least ask “Who’s there?”

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
I don't think the act of "the sky falling on someone's head" would be ruled to be anything but nonsense, an event that has no defined meaning, thus you could not enforce that contract.
Exactly.

Just as much nonsense as Tesla being able to prove that they suffered a loss from a customer resale that justifies the clause, and any claim to compensation.

They can just up the price themselves...oh wait, thats what they did already.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
OP here. I responded to Tesla and asked what they would offer me for the vehicle. The response I received was “Tesla currently does not offer a trade-in without a new purchase occurring, or to facilitate us taking it back without the trade-in.” I have it in writing. I had given Tesla the opportunity to purchase the vehicle back and they said they can’t. That may change in the future but I think it makes sense for now. What are they going to do with a “used” CyberTruck when they are selling new ones? They aren’t going to sell used ones at Manheim for more than they are selling the new ones for. Either way I took that as a green light to sell. Good luck all.
Not to say it isn't so or not, but I would maybe double up on that, and would potentially send them an official letter with all the details, stating that you asked them to make an offer and they refused, so your understanding is that there will be no action taken under the clause (state it) and you can sell it at your discretion, and that you expect an answer in 7-14 days if there are any issues that need to be addressed.

At least something to that effect, or even better get a lawyer to draft it and advise.

That should clear the path should there be any hiccups down the line regarding servicing or SC etc. as well.

Please keep us posted how you go.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
Exactly.

Just as much nonsense as Tesla being able to prove that they suffered a loss from a customer resale that justifies the clause, and any claim to compensation.
Tesla doesn't have to prove losses to enforce the terms of the agreement. The cure, should the buyer breach the Purchase and Sale Agreement, is already specified and both signing parties have agreed to it.

Are you from Austrailia or something? Maybe since Australians were originally convicts your government doesn't allow citizens the right to enter into various agreements that might be over their head. :LOL:

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
Not to say it isn't so or not, but I would maybe double up on that, and would potentially send them an official letter with all the details, stating that you asked them to make an offer and they refused, so your understanding is that there will be no action taken under the clause (state it) and you can sell it at your discretion, and that you expect an answer in 7-14 days if there are any issues that need to be addressed.

At least something to that effect, or even better get a lawyer to draft it and advise.

That should clear the path should there be any hiccups down the line regarding servicing or SC etc. as well.
Wait! All along you have been encouraging people to just flip their Cybertruck, if they wanted, as the agreement wasn't legal or enforceable.

Now that it looks like Tesla has been given the chance to buy it, you want him to jump through more hoops before selling? In effect you are saying the contract wasn't the nothing-burger you were making it out to be (falsely, I might add).

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
That's not how that works.

A trade-in is for trade, which is not a buy-back. You must know full well they don't give an offer without knowing what they're trading back, so that's an automated message.

You're not going to be standing on firm footing there.

-Crissa

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Tesla doesn't have to prove losses to enforce the terms of the agreement. The cure, should the buyer breach the Purchase and Sale Agreement, is already specified and both signing parties have agreed to it.

Are you from Austrailia or something? Maybe since Australians were originally convicts your government doesn't allow citizens the right to enter into various agreements that might be over their head. :LOL:
Whatever promised must still be in accordance with the law, you can't make up you own nonsense, like the sky is falling, and then claim on that.

--

The only reason they started sending convicts here is because them' American criminals and mobsters got together with them French gangsters, rebelled and insurrected against the British crown and stopped the deportation of convicts, as "free" colonial slave workers to the USA. Your loss dude, now you have to do everything yourself, including "digging" yourself out of that $27t hole of false promises you "dug" for yourselves. :ROFLMAO:

It would all be hilarious if not so tragic.

duper77

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
State
Country flag
So I was doing a little research on car guru and they have been sending me emails. I just saw that one sold for $210,000. How are people able to sell them? I wonder is Tesla trying to take their profits?

Tesla Cybertruck Be careful selling your Cybertruck! Tesla found sale listings, cancelled my other reservations and I may be blacklisted IMG_9818

msl0727

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Model LR RWD FSD, '23 Cybertruck Tri-Motor FSD
Country flag
While I don't endorse the OP actions Tesla contractual language has NOT excluded trying to sell to third party. Actually, the contract language allows it IF they decide not to buy back or respond for such a request in a reasonable manner. It is absolutely has no restriction for intent to sell or solicit to sell.

OP could have just done a simple inquiry.

Hence, I strongly disagree with Tesla action on this matter and IMHO you have legal standing against this behavior.

On the other hand if you have ordered multiple CTs just to flip and not use it, it is on you if Tesla suspect that your final exit from those usage is not actual usage but flipping. It is difficult to show good faith on your side when you entered into such a contract that you want to break it from the start. [Hence, you are acting in bad faith]
I thought the language mentioned attempts to sell in the one year window starting at delivery is forbidden

SlegMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus
Occupation
Physical therapy
Country flag

Please keep us posted how you go.
Sounds like OP got a Response from an AI assist bot on the web that gives generic responses to specific issues, or if it is a person they are unfamiliar with the language to respond as they did. The fact OP is using this as a green light is a good laugh, this individual keeps blundering through this situation, obviously.

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
So I was doing a little research on car guru and they have been sending me emails. I just saw that one sold for $210,000. How are people able to sell them? I wonder is Tesla trying to take their profits?

IMG_9818.jpeg
Car gurus alone has sold over 30 CTs in the last two weeks.
Tesla Cybertruck Be careful selling your Cybertruck! Tesla found sale listings, cancelled my other reservations and I may be blacklisted zimage7653

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
Yea I have been waiting for someone to try to buy a Model X and offer their CT as a trade-in to Tesla to see what value they put on it.

OP
OP

malinecentral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck AWD
Sounds like OP got a Response from an AI assist bot on the web that gives generic responses to specific issues, or if it is a person they are unfamiliar with the language to respond as they did. The fact OP is using this as a green light is a good laugh, this individual keeps blundering through this situation, obviously.
Haha. Nice theory you have concocted in your mind. Just for fun, please feel free to point us to said bot that would give that statement. I’ll wait.

OP
OP

malinecentral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck AWD
That's not how that works.

A trade-in is for trade, which is not a buy-back. You must know full well they don't give an offer without knowing what they're trading back, so that's an automated message.

You're not going to be standing on firm footing there.

-Crissa
I certainly don’t have to prove anything to you but feel free to read my last reply and find said bot as well.

I understand that it must cut you deeply that people are able to sell their trucks to others that want them and have the means to pay a markup due to supply and demand. But until you hear of Tesla buying back a truck from someone this is the situation as it stands.
Sponsored