Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
You are making an argument for it having t slots. There is existing product, table top stainless steel with the slots... simple , cheap, efficient is using something that is already used for other products.
Sure but
Its simpler, cheaper and more efficient(ok maybe not more efficient)to use material you already have in bulk, rather than another whole supply line to worry about.
I cant imagine it would be cheaper to bring in a premade t slot sheet than gluing down some grippy things to a flat sheet.
Sponsored

Alan

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 S90D ,2014Tacoma, Cyberbeast ordered 2/13/24
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I agree 100%. Grooves are not needed and actually hurt the performance of the bed. It’s looks futuristic but in everyday use it will be A pain. For those of us who actually use the truck and carry materials in the bed/vault we need a sold surface with built in tie downs.
I built a wood box to throw in the back when I haul sand or gravel. It does not take a large volume of gravel to meet most pickups load limit.

FullyGrounded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
blah
Country flag
I would love to see full-length slats used like flooring. The bottom of the slats would have the inverse of the "T" near and down the full length on both sides of the slat, possibly have a center "T" to carry the load, if necessary. These slats would be nylon or even hard rubber (similar to tire material) for something softer, but still hard with good grip. They would be manufactured to be tongue-in-groove. And, these could snap together, making a very solid, possibly waterproof floor. The slats would rest lightly on the bed and easily handle the full 3500lbs of the carrying capacity, with a blunt edge.

The nice thing about a system like this, is you could remove it without any damage. Use it when you want, store it when you don't. peace

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
Why?

At worst, they don't work for you. But you weren't using them. So you don't care that they don't work for you.

Or is this like the lady across the street complaining about the propane tank the company left on the side of the road by her fence that's completely invisible from her side - but I have to see every time I step out my door? It has no actual impact in her life other than it upsets here to have the knowledge it's there and busted?

-Crissa
Because t-slots in the bed would fill in with sand and be impossible to get out, rendering them useless. A bag of concrete breaks in the bed, and t-slots are done. T-slots on the side, fine. But in the bed, nuttin' but trouble.

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Because t-slots in the bed would fill in with sand and be impossible to get out, rendering them useless. A bag of concrete breaks in the bed, and t-slots are done. T-slots on the side, fine. But in the bed, nuttin' but trouble.
What if the T slots have removable/replaceable slot covers? Leave the covers in place when you fill the bed with loose gunk, take them out when you need tie down of your cargo.

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
People suggesting liners, both spray in and formed, do you think that will cause issues with accessing the under bed compartment? What about the compartment for the on board electrical and (assuming) compressed air?

Tesla Cybertruck Bed Lining 1613425016830

madquadbiker

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Navara NP300, Honda e, Honda TRX700XX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
People suggesting liners, both spray in and formed, do you think that will cause issues with accessing the under bed compartment? What about the compartment for the on board electrical and (assuming) compressed air?

1613425016830.png
Forming the T slots would add strength to the panel, unless that couldn’t be done because it’s made out of 3mm stainless steel.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
How is that worse than no slots?

-Crissa

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag

1613425016830.png
People suggest liners because they are used to bed being made out of painted steel or aluminum... doesn't make sense for stainless steel or composite beds.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
If you want a non-slick surface, a roll of recycled rubber mat could be tossed down and then anchored to the T-slots, too.

-Crissa

Last edited:

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
How is that worse than no slots?

-Crissa
It's worse because it'll be the implementation of a predictably failed idea. If they don't use t-slots, they'll figure out something else on the sides that'll actually work. I'd rather have a smooth bed that I can sweep/leafblower out every month than one with a bunch of clogged t-slots. But slots or no slots, I'm going to love it either way.
Just GIMME ME DAMN CYBERTRUCK ALREADY!!!

FullyGrounded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
blah
Country flag
If you want a non-stick surface, a roll of recycled rubber mat could be tossed down and then anchored to the T-slots, too.

-Crissa
Yeah, I think this is all worry about nothing. I'm pretty sure Elon and crew will see this issue and resolve it prior to launch. And, if not; I'm sure the aftermarket dealers will love it. peace

DarinCT

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3, CT triM
Country flag
Like has been said before, most people don't do that much to their mid-size, ladder rack and toolbox being the top two from my perspective. However much I think T-slots would be great when they work and suuuuuuck when a handful a 1/4" pea gravel gets in sideways. It's not going to happen because the market doesn't care.