Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'24 Ford F450 Limited, '24 Cyberbeast FS
Occupation
IT
Country flag
For people in the Northeast US, the rain we have (like now) is usually the 'normal' from late-Winter to Summer. That makes local neighborhood flooding a thing that turns a 20 minute run across town into a 90 minute detour onto a gridlocked main road.

So, mid-thigh fording with no water intrusion is a WANT. I don't need a boat, but a watertight frunk and cabin seal would be AWESOME. My Jeep fords 3 and a half feet, no problem, but water gets in and it smells like ass until I can pull the carpet and leave it in the sun for a day.

For an example of what an older burb in DC-NoVA looks like after solid rain for 24 hours—this spot in the UK is a great example:

If you can't ford it, you then have to then take a main thoroughfare that everyone has to use, and it's a wall of traffic.
Amazing how ignorant many of those drivers are. #hydrolock

Antonius

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, Toyota Tundra, Cybertruck (eventually)
Occupation
Farming
Country flag
I have often thought about a "cyberzodiac" mode, wherein an onboard compressor is used to inflate rubber tubes that are in a hidden compartment in the wheel wells. These inflated tubes would add to the buoyancy of the truck like arm floaties. Then you put an outboard motor running on the 220v