cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
The SpaceX people need a little more than 500 meters.
IMG_5161.png
think that might be the least of their problems for being on the water on the coast of Texas

Big price to the first person to get a Cybertruck registered/titled for coastal waters with Texas Parks and Wildlife 🤣

Once registered/titled then there’s matter of req’d decals, life vests, etc.

I mean, YOLO’s excluded of course

Title Requirements

Vessels Requiring Titling
The following vessels/boats and outboard motors must be titled:
  • All motorized vessels, regardless of length (including any sailboat with an auxiliary engine)…

Applications for Title
Title application, signed bill of sale, and either a Manufacturer's Statement of Origin (MSO) for new vessels/boats and outboard motors, or an original signed title for used vessels/boats and outboard motors, must be submitted to obtain title in applicant's name. … Applications for title must be submitted not later than 45 days from the date of purchase.
Purchases or gifts of boats or outboard motors that do not acquire the title and signed bill of sale (or statement of gift) will not be eligible for immediate transfer. These may be titled through a more expensive and lengthy bonded title process requiring additional documentation to be acquired and supplied.
Sponsored

newwave1331

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered: Cybertruck Tri FSD x 3
Country flag
think that might be the least of their problems for being on the water on the coast of Texas

Big price to the first person to get a Cybertruck registered/titled for coastal waters with Texas Parks and Wildlife 🤣

Once registered/titled then there’s matter of req’d decals, life vests, etc.

I mean, YOLO’s excluded of course

Title Requirements

Vessels Requiring Titling
The following vessels/boats and outboard motors must be titled:
  • All motorized vessels, regardless of length (including any sailboat with an auxiliary engine)…

Applications for Title
Title application, signed bill of sale, and either a Manufacturer's Statement of Origin (MSO) for new vessels/boats and outboard motors, or an original signed title for used vessels/boats and outboard motors, must be submitted to obtain title in applicant's name. … Applications for title must be submitted not later than 45 days from the date of purchase.
Purchases or gifts of boats or outboard motors that do not acquire the title and signed bill of sale (or statement of gift) will not be eligible for immediate transfer. These may be titled through a more expensive and lengthy bonded title process requiring additional documentation to be acquired and supplied.
Maybe Musk is just trying to set a record for the most amount of regulatory agencies with investigations into him and his companies/products.

If they actually pull this off, I'm going through your nearly 6000 messages to find all the boat mode hate and making a new thread about it. :LOL:

msdg137

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Wrangler Ecodiesel
Occupation
You make it I break it
Country flag
Sounds like a cardboard boat regatta... your boat goes until it doesn't...
Tesla Cybertruck Boat Package coming for Cybertruck! -- Will traverse at least 100m of water as a boat 🌊 water2
Tesla Cybertruck Boat Package coming for Cybertruck! -- Will traverse at least 100m of water as a boat 🌊 water5

mhaze

First Name
mhike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 3; Smartcar; F150 Raptor; Avalanche 2500 4x4
Country flag
"We are going to offer a mod package that enables Cybertruck to traverse at least 100m of water as a boat. Mostly just need to upgrade cabin door seals."

If that is 100m of depth count me interested.

EVOverlanding

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Cybertruck FS Order
Country flag
So you can cross a waterway (that will have to be calm, no moving rivers, or waves) the length of a football field. Seems like there is a lot better things they could be dedicating engineering time to.

sstevens805

First Name
Shelton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DM 2021 MY & '69 Cadillac Deville Convertible
Country flag
"We are going to offer a mod package that enables Cybertruck to traverse at least 100m of water as a boat. Mostly just need to upgrade cabin door seals."

Is that miles or meters lol? Everyone is different and has different needs, but I can't understand why anyone would want to do this?

chinokie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3 LR AWD
Country flag
I'm praying Elon does not make the CT the auto version of manbearpig.

BTW, I owned and amphicar. It could go on both water and land and it sucked at both.

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
For people in the Northeast US, the rain we have (like now) is usually the 'normal' from late-Winter to Summer. That makes local neighborhood flooding a thing that turns a 20 minute run across town into a 90 minute detour onto a gridlocked main road.

So, mid-thigh fording with no water intrusion is a WANT. I don't need a boat, but a watertight frunk and cabin seal would be AWESOME. My Jeep fords 3 and a half feet, no problem, but water gets in and it smells like ass until I can pull the carpet and leave it in the sun for a day.

For an example of what an older burb in DC-NoVA looks like after solid rain for 24 hours—this spot in the UK is a great example:

If you can't ford it, you then have to then take a main thoroughfare that everyone has to use, and it's a wall of traffic.

SONNYDUT

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GX470, 3x Audi A3, Honda Van, Model S, Tri-Motor Cybertruck
Occupation
CAD Designer
Country flag
Oh please, how about 500 miles of range?
Im a fishman and have two smaller boats (16ft and 10ft). I would never think about putting a 80k truck through 300 ft of water🤦‍♂️

love you Elon but a truck is not a boat. Now if he wants to make it a plane I’m all for it!!!!!
Ideally, using a CT to cross a body of water, not necessary as a fishing boat. Just to make it across the water to reach the other side will totally worth the money for the feature. No one is recommended the CT for fishing. People sometime got the wrong idea.

tmeyer3

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Wrangler, Tractors
Occupation
Computer Scientist
Country flag
I will absolutely be getting this if it ever happens!

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
If they actually pull this off, I'm going through your nearly 6000 messages to find all the boat mode hate and making a new thread about it. :LOL:
Please do :ROFLMAO:

Because I will simultaneously admit I was wrong about Tesla doing it...

... but double-down on how f*cking stupid it is :devilish:

wanders

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CRVEX-LAWD
Country flag
Oh please, how about 500 miles of range?
Im a fishman and have two smaller boats (16ft and 10ft). I would never think about putting a 80k truck through 300 ft of water🤦‍♂️

love you Elon but a truck is not a boat. Now if he wants to make it a plane I’m all for it!!!!!
I joke that after I buy the CT, I won't buy another vehicle unless it flies
Sponsored