OneLapper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d Sportswagon
Country flag
Regardless of motors, we are talking about the same size trucks, so they could use different battery tech for the higher ranges and that might have to come later/will cost more.
Nah, the CT will need the new 4680s' "structural" battery pack. Too expensive to design different battery technologies for the CT, at least at first. And, as far as we know, only the 4680 cells can be used to make a load bearing battery pack.

Tesla has 9 months to a year to get the 4680 battery production process and equipment dialed in. The timing coincides nicely with the announced CT and Semi production schedule.
Sponsored

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
Im still betting we will see CT's in production and being delivered before the end of 2021. At what capacity idk. I am ~4,500 in line according to the tracker. With my proximity to the factory I hope to be able to squeeze into 2021 production :cool:. But not holding my breath for that.

WildhavenMI

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (reserved), 2021 Bolt EV, 2018 Model X
Occupation
Digital @ Aurora Solar
Country flag
Im still betting we will see CT's in production and being delivered before the end of 2021. At what capacity idk. I am ~4,500 in line according to the tracker. With my proximity to the factory I hope to be able to squeeze into 2021 production :cool:. But not holding my breath for that.
On that note, does anyone know if they pre-determine geographic priority for reservation holders? I'm in Michigan, but I'd totally fly down to Austin and drive the beast home if it meant taking delivery a few months earlier. Kicking off ownership with a 1,400 mile road trip actually sounds kind of fun.

Hit Arkansas, Mississippi, Tennessee, Kentucky, and Ohio on the way home and make sure I stop for pictures along the way - turn it into a social media event. My 17 Instagram followers would be excited. :love:

showmemo

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 M3P, 2000 M Roadster, XC 40, TriMotor CT
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Everyone uses terms like 'quirky' or 'different' when describing Elon Musk. The one that doesn't get enough attention is 'competitive'. It was, what, 1 week before the Plaid S was pushed out to beat the Lucid on time and distance... I think he wants to be the first with an electric pickup, which means rolling them out mid to late summer.... I wouldn't bet against him.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Everyone uses terms like 'quirky' or 'different' when describing Elon Musk. The one that doesn't get enough attention is 'competitive'. It was, what, 1 week before the Plaid S was pushed out to beat the Lucid on time and distance... I think he wants to be the first with an electric pickup, which means rolling them out mid to late summer.... I wouldn't bet against him.
Of course we would all like that version of history, but one cannot deny that the Rivian has been out there doing very public testing and the CT has only been seen a few times in very sedate contexts. A few months ago Elon Musk said the CT would run in the Baja rally, Which would go some distance in showing that Tesla is moving forward, but I think it would have to reach equivalent degrees of testing to meet the delivery challenge that Rivian presents. Of course, testing is only one piece of the puzzle. Tesla has much greater resources and great manufacturing know how but it doesn’t have a factory yet. Giga Austin seems to be slowing progress in some respects, stalled in some, and going backward in still others. The anxiety is palpable.

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
On that note, does anyone know if they pre-determine geographic priority for reservation holders? I'm in Michigan, but I'd totally fly down to Austin and drive the beast home if it meant taking delivery a few months earlier. Kicking off ownership with a 1,400 mile road trip actually sounds kind of fun.

Hit Arkansas, Mississippi, Tennessee, Kentucky, and Ohio on the way home and make sure I stop for pictures along the way - turn it into a social media event. My 17 Instagram followers would be excited. :love:
Cant be sure on the geographic priority, but historically this is what they have done. It Also allows them to get deliveries made quicker.

Last edited:

mprimo

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y Performance, BMW X6
Occupation
US Government
Country flag
Unlike legacy automakers, Tesla continues to innovate its processes in building cars. The Cybertruck will go into production on time or beforehand. The simple design and functionality of the stainless steel will help Tesla cut a lot of corners. Tesla has a weirdness with reservations. It doesn't appear to be a logical method of getting people their cars. I don't mind receiving mine in 2022.

Bankercobb

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3, M3P, MY, MS Plaid, i7, CT day 1 FS ordered
Occupation
Marine
Country flag
This is somewhat off point, but I really hope they do something with that dash. If not, it will be infinitely customizable, as almost everyone will want to cover it.
Why would you want to cover it up?

TalSet

First Name
Rudi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR from Germany
Occupation
Self Employee / PV Cleaning
Country flag
At least you all people from the US and Kanada get a Cybertruck.
When we (Europe, me in Austria) get one, then definitely more than 1 year later.....IF we get one.
Otherwise I´ll fly to Austin andship it to Austria and register it as a special/ registered car.
However, I still think that the world-version of the cybertruck isn´t bad at all. It has just to be a bit shorter. 2nd seating row removed and it´s all fine.

EVCanuck

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ЗАЗ-968, Canyonero
Country flag
At least you all people from the US and Kanada get a Cybertruck.
When we (Europe, me in Austria) get one, then definitely more than 1 year later.....IF we get one.
If you misspell the name of my country again, I promise you we will invade your Australia

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
Tesla has a weirdness with reservations. It doesn't appear to be a logical method of getting people their cars.
I'm hoping that they prioritize CA for obvious reasons. I imagine they'd want CTs cruising around here for visibility anyway.

Last edited:

Andres.FS7

First Name
Andres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber truck
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Country flag
For how long do you depreciated and do you depreciate it so it ends up being free in a way