Software Engineer
Country flag

tbuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 F150 Lariat - Cybertruck Res #113xxx
Country flag
Does that even work? My windshield has oily stuff on the inside and it's a super-pain at times. Some detailer messed it up (I never spray in the car).

-Crissa
That residue is the remnants of that new car smell! It is the chemical outgassing of the materials trapped in the car. They rise up and collect on the inside of the windshield.

The problem is that regular glass cleaner just pushes it around, leaving streaks and gunk. You need to remove it before you can clean the inside of the windshield. For that, a microfiber sprayed with some dawn dish soap diluted with water will clean it up (may take a bit). Then you can use a regular glass cleaner to actually clean the inside of the windshield.

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
Got this for my Cybertruck and like it. Had a lot of off gassing from the start and this thing provides good even pressure. Can be slightly tricky at the edges but I’m happy with it.
Thanks for the feedback. I assumed it would be great for CT. Yes, it takes a little getting used to. Slow down near the edges and near the rearview mirror/ camera area. I use it on my Jeep Grand Cherokee often.

If it does separate and the inside part hits the ground, do not use the same towel!. One piece of sand will most likely scratch the crap out of your window. No I did not learn this from experience, I'm pretty good at thinking things through before they happen.

Celiboy

First Name
Marcel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3, 2022 Model Y, 2024 AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
Family Nurse Practitioner, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Country flag
Yeah - so was mine. Made it impossible to see out if the sun hit it just right. I think it is from the off-gassing from the materials in the cabin.
Exactly the same and I’ve been dreading having to clean it knowing I don’t have what I need to reach the bottom.

CyberTally

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 M3P, 2023 MYLR, CT DM AWD delivered 3/6/24
Occupation
Tree Farmer, Retired Computer Scientist, AP CS Instructor, Embedded Control Designer, Electrical Contractor
Country flag
Tonight, I used Amazon's AstroAI Windshield Cleaner, Car Windshield Cleaning Tool Inside with 4 Reusable and Washable Microfiber Pads and Extendable Handle Auto Glass Wiper Kit, Blue for the first time. It's $15.39 and worked pretty well with Sprayway foaming glass cleaner.

AstroAI Windshield Cleaner - #1 Best Seller in Windshield Wiper Tools $15.39

Sprayway Foaming Glass Cleaner 6 cans for $14.14

Prices current as of 3/18/2024

Tesla Cybertruck Cleaning inside of windshield -- using window cleaning mop with long handle Window Cleaner

swinefeaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Awd
Country flag
Pro tip from someone who has cleaned professionally:

Never spray or apply absolutely anything near your dashboard except for high quality glass cleaner. Preferably nothing ammonia based like Windex.

Stuff like armour all will (literally) vaporize onto the windshield and it's very hard to ever get it back pristine. It will enter into the micro crevasses in the glass and you will need to use a claybar to help get it out.
So don't use Windex? I'm confused

This looks promising. But alas, no idea on windshield thickness. Will try to measure tomorrow after delivery

KOKITEA Double-Sided Window Cleaner Glass Wiper , 5-Files Adjustable Magnetic Glider Washing,Cleaning Brush Tools, for High-Rise Double Car Glazed Windows Thickness 0.3"-1" (Blue) https://a.co/d/f7wgJJc

eousphoros

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, CyberTruck
Country flag
I mentioned this in another thread already but all you need to do a decent job is dawn dish soap + demineralized water + spray bottle + microfiber cloths + and a spatula to wrap the rag around.

Though I will be purchasing an actual tool to do this since well a spatula is uh not very cool but if you need to do it now, and you have those things… you’re golden.

eousphoros

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, CyberTruck
Country flag
Welcome to the CyberTruck forum where you learn to use windex on the exterior body and stainless steel cleaner on the glass? 🤷
But actually don’t use windex on the stainless steel, just keep it as far away from the truck as possible.

If needed carefully do a 1 to 4 rotations of barkeepers friend, optionally clean it up with alcohol, then wash it off with clean water

Everything else including regular clean is either dawn or alcohol wipes and water

Stuck4ger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ / Model Y
Occupation
Test Pilot
Country flag
I agree, and yet so many have recommended Windex for removing fingerprints from the body.

Scribbious

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Cybertruck Previous: 2020 MY 2018 M3
Occupation
Small Business Owner
Country flag
I bought one of the wands previously mentioned. Didn't work great. Still a bit short and not stiff enough. Then I remembered I bought a couple of wands for cleaning our outside glass. For inside I used two or three sections and was able to reach well (wrapped a microfiber around it and it has velcro-like hooks that keep it in place) and outside I used all of the sections I have from two sets and could get from the bottom to the top of the windshield from the front and all the way across the glass on top when standing on the side. And, I still have it for the house windows!

I can't imagine that I paid even a fraction of what they are selling for now (discontinued I think) but maybe they can still be found in some big box stores.

https://www.amazon.com/Windex-Cleaner-Window-Outdoor-All/dp/B002YX0OQG
Sponsored