Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
It looks better shortened. More proportionally appealing. But the expense is clearly usability of the bed. I'm still getting it, but I'm much less enthused about the bed than I was originally. Trade-off is that I'll look better in it now! ;)

The front also looks stubbier from edge of front door to tip of the nose. It looks like they shrunk it 5% by simultaneously shrinking the front end more so they didn't have to shrink the bed as much. But both were required to get to stated reduction.
Sponsored

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
I think this is 99.98% the production truck. Mirrors and wiper may change before now and production.

I am very pleased to hear that Cybertruck will 5% more compact than the concept.
neither wiper nor mirrors are changing lol

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
No 6th seat option sux :(
I think Tesla knows that the middle front seat dooesnt need to be a full seat. Hopefully they have a bench seat option. Y and X have seat configurations

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
I was not expecting much solid info on the CT from this event, and not much was delivered other than the 48V news.

I'm not convinced the bed is exactly 4' x 6'. I know it was stated by an employee, but no actual specs were posted and I have yet to see someone actually measure it. So I'm going to stay optimistic that it is a little larger than 4'x6' in both directions.

I'm a little disappointed with the lack of a 3-passenger front, but it's not a deal breaker.
I'm disappointed they didn't show an interior with a driver's display. I'd be fine with a minimal heads-up display also.

I do have to say, I've never seen a truck with 1/2 doors and I do really like that design.

Overall, cool, but still waiting on a lot of information. Thank goodness March Madness is coming to hold me over for a while longer. We better get some actual specs and pricing by the end of April or else!.....I'm just gonna wait longer.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
I have "grown" to love the backseat space of my F150 but would not mind a shorter truck. Laws of physics are just not working with me here. This is from the same Instagram account. I like the less shiny industrial look.

Tesla Cybertruck Confirmed Cybertruck specs: 5% smaller, 6x4 bed size, 5 seats, frunk, no pass through & more... (info from Tesla employee at Investor Day) 1677775915199

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Lack of 6th seat, might be a deal breaker. Not all families have 2 kids, was hoping this could function as family vehicle.
Yup, seating for 6 is important differentiator to standard ICE crew cabs (ICE Ford F-150) that only seat 5.

With seating for 6
driver/supervisor/worker and 5 other workers can travel to worksite in one Cybertruck and eliminate need for second truck.

With seating for 6 where most of the passengers might not be able to drive even if there was a second vehicle.
father, mother, 3 of their children and 1 grandparent
father, mother, 2 of their children and 2 grandparents
father, mother, 4 of their children
father, mother, 2 of their children and 2 friends of their children

Deke

First Name
Bernard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck order
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It looks better shortened. More proportionally appealing. But the expense is clearly usability of the bed. I'm still getting it, but I'm much less enthused about the bed than I was originally. Trade-off is that I'll look better in it now! ;)

The front also looks stubbier from edge of front door to tip of the nose. It looks like they shrunk it 5% by simultaneously shrinking the front end more so they didn't have to shrink the bed as much. But both were required to get to stated reduction.

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Country flag
129F9C75-24D3-434B-863C-641025B5AA12.jpeg

Taken literally, 220” long X 75.8” wide X 74” tall

Closer in size to a Rivian than a Lightning

But agree, I wouldn’t take “about 5% smaller” so literal yet

Interior dimensions, especially the shoulder width of the back seat, are what matter to me. If it can’t fit three car seats across in the back seat, then it means … I don’t have school drop off duty
232 inch long with 6.5 feet bed, sounds impossible to me, unless my math is problematic.

If it is really like that, then it has to: 1. reduce legroom by at least 6 inch, that is, 85 inch totally to less than 80 inch. 2. Move the cab forward by another 6 inches.

I don't see cab moved forward by 6 inches. So it could be 6 feet bed with squeezed cab.

less than 80 inch front+rear legroom is not a full size pickup truck IMO.

Rear row headroom is also not good. If shoulder room is further reduced, then it is a Rivian class truck rather than F150, it is NOT a full size truck.

Deke

First Name
Bernard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck order
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

CYBER ? ? COMPACT TRUCK

MAJOR DISAPOINTMENT. I recall Elon stating that a 3% size redution would be
too much. This 5% is outrageous. Particularly the decrease in bed size. It's
probally ok for the "urban cowboys" and fine for groceries. If you have any
need to carry larger size loads you will need to tow a trailer.
(50% range reduction). I have been obsessed with the truck since the pro-type,
I do like most of the improvements, but this has dampend my enthusiasm. Maybe
they can lower the price 5%.

MEWoodsMFG

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Chrysler Town & Country
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
Tesla listened to concept feedback, hence the 5% more compact truck. Buyers want to garage park their new toy.

The CT will not be stealing 3/4 truck buyers but will cut into the traditional 1/2 ton pickup truck market.
I don't want a mid size truck. I want the Cybertruck to be an actual truck, as proposed in 2019. I'm really worried the bed will be to small for the Cyberlandr camper.

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
If the size is really smaller, then Tesla made a big mistake.
Agreed, would be a huge ( 🤣 ) mistake.

Tesla listened to concept feedback, hence the 5% more compact truck. Buyers want to garage park their new toy.

The CT will not be stealing 3/4 truck buyers but will cut into the traditional 1/2 ton pickup truck market.
IMO people were complaining because the concept was over sized so it looked huge, they weren't complaining based on the specs on screen.

Last edited:

tmeyer3

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Wrangler, Tractors
Occupation
Computer Scientist
Country flag
Ugh, the passthrough never made any engineering sense to begin with. The whole concept is silly, not because a passthrough is a bad idea, but because how the CT is designed. "vault" tonneau cover, or passthrough: pick 1. It makes no sense otherwise. Either you have a cover that rolls THROUGH where the pass through is supposed to be, or you have pass through that interrupts a rail system with a lot of moving parts. Both are very very bad ideas and I'm glad they didn't try it.
Sponsored