Confirmed tonneau cover isn't water proof

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pontiac Vibe, Mazda 5
Country flag
It seems like the waterproof-ness of the cover is wildly varying. Putting soft line items into plastic totes is a good idea. For those without a waterproof bed, I'd definitely check the seals along the track with a high intensity LED light to see if there are gaps that can be smoothed out. If not, look around for aftermarket kits. They are your friend to fix known shortcomings. Welcome to the world of trucks, RV's and Powersports!
Sponsored

CyberTW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y &3
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
This is almost as bad as rust-gate. Maybe there is build to build variation, but mine is about as well sealed as any of the other doors. I'm sure I could get some water past the seals with a pressure washer, and obviously if you open it while it's dripping wet then water will roll off and drip into the bed. But if you don't do that, it's bone dry after a wash down or a heavy rain. Bone dry.
Thanks! Confirms based on the pressure washing video and a couple others that the OP picture is either a bait and switch or a full on anomaly. But I guess I am spreading pro- Tesla FUD (according to some on here)

cal

First Name
cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla plaid, 2012 Tundra
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I'm amazed at all the folks that thought it would be waterproof. Not one after market tonneau cover claims to be waterproof. Certainly not the roll types. I've had folding tonneau covers on my trucks for years and rarely had water intrusion and when it did it was very minor. Even when power washing. But I didn't try to force water in. My Lightning has a BAKFlip MX4 panel style with integrated channels that empy into two tubes you can route out of the bed. Because the panels are solid the only egress points are the hinges. Never had a rolling cover so I don't know if they leak more than the panel styles.

But they all leak.

SMW

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck, 2015 Model s P90D
Country flag
Per service the tonneau is not water proof
Its just cover for visibility purposes

IMG_6844.jpeg
When I picked mine up, last Wednesday at Dublin, Ca, I was assured that the cover is waterproof and if there is an issue contact local service to have it fixed.