Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Tacoma
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I have had a Cybertruck reservation for two years now. I am trying to find out if the Cybertruck will in fact drive if the Tonneau cover is only partially closed. I have two dogs that I take to the beach every week. Wet and sandy dogs go in the back of my truck, I want to have them in the Cybertruck bed with maybe a 6-inch opening for circulation, while keeping them inside the bed. I have looked online, and I can't find the answer on videos or in writing. Thanks!!
Sponsored

Unemployed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Na
Country flag
There is lots of thought about the safest place for dogs to travel. I like you, have two dogs that go to the beach and I two have plans to figure out how they can travel in the back. There is a lengthy thread on this form called “what questions remain” and there is quite a bit in there about dogs, crates, inside cab VS in the bed.

OP
OP

eric7862

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Tacoma
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Sure, but I still want the question answered. I am hoping an owner will try it and respond.

OP
OP

eric7862

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Tacoma
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
See them… Have you tried it? If the cover is only 6-inches from close. I am not sure the entire back window is covered. If it’s not, I can turn my head and see them.

Hear them…. Have you tried it? I drive a noisy ICE truck with mudd tires. I can easily hear my dogs bark in the shell. And there is two layers of glass between us. A Telsa is very quiet by design, and only has one layer of glass between the driver and the bed. I’m confident I can hear them bark. The vault is not a silent room.

Treats, I don’t give my dog treats in vehicles. The beach is only five minutes away.

Unemployed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Na
Country flag
There are videos out there showing that as soon as the vault opens a it starts to cover the rear window. An inch or two and you cover an inch or two of the window. Depends how much you want to open the vault depends how much you can see them.

ideaXfactory

First Name
IdeaX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Many trucks, and a Porsche
Occupation
Stainless, metals, art, polymath
Yes, I believe it will (stay open wherever you stop it). I was thinking the same thing, and heading to a beach sounds nice with the dogs.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Yes you can drive partially open

if 5min to the beach, doesn’t matter much if you can see them

(the rear window is only ~10” tall, so opening the vault 6” will leave ~4” slit of window - but headrests take up 70% of that)

OP
OP

eric7862

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Tacoma
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Have you tried it? Those are exact statements. You’re assuming that the vault length spans from the very top of the window to the closed position resting place. What if the cover actually rests a few inches (or more) from the top of the window? I can’t tell either way from viedos or when I walked around rhe Cybertruck.

Diveflyfish

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 BMW 335d
Country flag
Perhaps there could be a future bed camera that would allow Visualization within the bed. If one could use a 110 outlet for a wireless network camera on a flexible neck the camera could be pointed in any direction desired. Power however would have to be permitted while driving and I am not sure that feature has been enabled yet.

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, SOON to be Cybertruck
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Hear them…. Have you tried it? I drive a noisy ICE truck with mudd tires. I can easily hear my dogs bark in the shell. And there is two layers of glass between us. A Telsa is very quiet by design, and only has one layer of glass between the driver and the bed. I’m confident I can hear them bark. The vault is not a silent room.
I have no idea if it will work or not, but in vehicles, "quite" usually means more insultation and isolation.

OP
OP

eric7862

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Tacoma
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
That is why I asked if someone has tried it..

Unemployed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Na
Country flag
Why don’t you go post this question in the thread that a new CT owner specifically set up to answer CT questions instead of being snarky saying “have you tried it” anytime anyone’s makes a suggestion.

OP
OP

eric7862

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Tacoma
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
This is the OWNERS forum, sounds like a good place for the question.

Read the post, they are not making suggestions, they are making statements as facts. I’m trying to understand if they are guessing or if they know factually.
Sponsored