Consider placing another CT order.

TechOps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, ex-Model S
Country flag
If you placed an early order, you might want to consider placing another one (or more). Why? Consider these reasons:

- Ordering now will mean delivery probably a couple years later than your first order. What if your CT is totaled and you need a new one?
- FSD is getting closer. If it is as amazing as it could be, the price will be going up.
- Other Teslas have been going up in price; CT probably will too.
- A $100, refundable, deposit is an incredibly low price to lock in optionality on the price of FSD and the CT itself. You could save thousands of dollars, by just placing a $100 option. If you decide to back out, you get that money back.

Just some thoughts on why you might want to place another order or two.
Sponsored

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
Already did.
First order was December 2019. 2nd order was just before FSD went from $8k to $10k.
Did it specifically because of your first, second and fouth bullet points.
Another reason I thought of is once I get mine dad might really like it and want one.

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I have a second one on order from a few months ago. Mostly for the reasons you specify.

Makes me wonder how many Cybertrucks are "option" trucks which people won't buy. I've heard of people on the forums who have 3-4 on order. That's a lot of cash to spend on cars.

Red61224

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yugo
Country flag
Already did.
First order was December 2019. 2nd order was just before FSD went from $8k to $10k.
Did is specifically because of your first, second and fouth bullet points.
Another reason I thought of is once I get mine dad might really like it and want one.
Ditto.

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Sportage, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Freelance video
Country flag
Interesting idea. I wonder if they'll ask for more money from reservation holders as production nears/starts or making it non-refundable. Then this might not be worth it depending on your situation.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
Interesting idea. I wonder if they'll ask for more money from reservation holders as production nears/starts or making it non-refundable. Then this might not be worth it depending on your situation.
As your truck comes off the line Tesla will notify you with a VIN# and to sign a purchase sale agreement. This should be within a couple of weeks of taking delivery. I suspect they will ask for around $2500 at that point and the balance upon delivery. That's how it worked for our two Model 3's.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have a second one on order from a few months ago. Mostly for the reasons you specify.

Makes me wonder how many Cybertrucks are "option" trucks which people won't buy. I've heard of people on the forums who have 3-4 on order. That's a lot of cash to spend on cars.
I have three on order and I expect to take delivery of all of them (one maybe so my brother who has a later reservation can get it sooner). They will be in short supply and high demand so I imagine even people who don't want it or can't afford it might take delivery anyway to flip it.

People pay more than $100 for a non-refundable ticket to see a bad band!

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
People pay more than $100 for a non-refundable ticket to see a bad band!
You have 3 on order, and are talking about selling 2 of them. That means 2 other reservations are likely not going to get sold later down the line.

The cost to get the option is cheap, even if you have no need or desire for a second truck, since you think there is a fair chance you can flip it you bought extra options. If you don't find a use, you aren't even out the $100.

braddibbnd

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13 Ram, 23 Tesla MY
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Already did.
Also am a double order.
First order was December 2019. 2nd order was this April. The plan was to get a dual motor with FSD which about hits my financial limit. But I figure that my 2nd order will be 1 1/2 to 2 years later. Hoping that I can sell a dual motor for what I've paid and upgrade to a trimotor with FSD.
Some of this hinges on FSD and Tesla policies on if FSD paid on a vehicle stays with the vehicle. Since even my late December '19 reservation probably gets me a CT in late '23 or early '24, I'm confident that FSD will be a least level 4(without geofencing).

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You have 3 on order, and are talking about selling 2 of them. That means 2 other reservations are likely not going to get sold later down the line.
Where did I say that I was going to sell two of them?

Monkchoi

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Impreza 5Dr Wagon
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Country flag
As your truck comes off the line Tesla will notify you with a VIN# and to sign a purchase sale agreement. This should be within a couple of weeks of taking delivery. I suspect they will ask for around $2500 at that point and the balance upon delivery. That's how it worked for our two Model 3's.
They'll have a VIN# based on the options (color, features, etc.) you have chosen prior to signing a purchase agreement?

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
I reserved my Cybertruck about an hour after the reveal, I watched some ride along videos and talked with the wife. Damn if I'm not 38,000 back! Then a couple months later as FSD was going up I ordered #2.
My thoughts were that my first one will be a dual motor and as my 2nd order comes up, the public demand for Cybertrucks could enable me to sell the 1st one for a profit, to help pay for the 2nd. Which might be a Tri-motor. I have a feeling we may end up with his & hers Cybertrucks though. :unsure:
Sponsored