Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Rubicon, 2020 Kia Telluride
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Just ordered a Model Y LR to gap me until the Cybertruck comes in. That is now looking like a March delivery. The wait for either of these is killing me.
Sponsored

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
Just ordered a Model Y LR to gap me until the Cybertruck comes in. That is now looking like a March delivery. The wait for either of these is killing me.
Welcome to the club. My mY should be ready any day now, but I also need to sell my truck first.

Tesla Cybertruck Couldn't wait any longer. 20210909_220137

Reactions: KCD

Halemarine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.halemarine.com
Vehicles
Model Y, Ford F150, Chevrolet Equinox
Country flag
We did that exactly a year ago. With nearly 21K miles our Miss M (Model Y) my wife won't let me trade it in for a CT. smh lol

Raebrek

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Toyota Highlander, 2016 Subaru Outback
Country flag
I've thought about it. The Cyber Truck will come some day. I could buy a Long Range Model Y for my wife and swap cars. Then I would dry her Subaru until the Cyber Truck came in. I have not talked to my wife about it. My Toyota Highlander is getting up there in miles.

OP
OP

KCD

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Rubicon, 2020 Kia Telluride
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
That is the plan. Y gets delivered, Rubicon gets dumped, Cybertruck gets delivered, dump her Telluride, she gets the Y, I get the Cybertruck. The sooner the better as the resale for both the Rubi and the Kia are more than what we paid for them.

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
That is the plan. Y gets delivered, Rubicon gets dumped, Cybertruck gets delivered, dump her Telluride, she gets the Y, I get the Cybertruck. The sooner the better as the resale for both the Rubi and the Kia are more than what we paid for them.
That's what I'm hoping happens with our Y when the CT comes around.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
FSD is unlikely to ever get cheaper than $10K but it will certainly cost thousands more to add it when it is out of beta stage. So it's a calculated gamble that will have a different answer depending upon on individual financial situations and confidence in Tesla to deliver.

I believe I paid around $3500 in 2018 so that gamble has paid off vs. paying $10K now but not in terms of actual functionality received (yet). I did order FSD on my Cybertrucks but I forgot how much cost it added, I think it was $7K. And, if I were to buy a Tesla today I would definitely pay $10K for FSD but I'm someone who thinks it's very likely Tesla will deliver. If you don't think they will, or you believe it will take too long for you, then don't order FSD. But don't whine and moan about how much it costs to add it after Tesla gets it working! It might be $15 or even $20K.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Fortunately in this case my impatience paid off, bought in February where the price was lower and only waited just a few days. Its a bit stunning seeing the wait go from about 3 days to ~4+ months.

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
I reserved the price of FSD on my CT, but islf the tech still doesn't seem to be there I can always cancel it. I'm hoping that the delays and the work being done on FSD now equates to a good release version for the CT.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
If you take out a loan for the car, it only costs $170-180/ month to add FSD at $10k.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
The subscription rate can increase at any time as well. But at current prices the $10K is the much better deal because it only takes 4 years and a month for the outright purchase to cost less than the monthly fee. Neither price is locked in (unless you have already purchased it outright) so the two prices are likely to move up in tandem.
Sponsored