CT stuck on snowy driveway

Outdoors

First Name
Outdoors
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S,3,Y,C
I think a week or two old. If one really reads up on it. Many could or would have been in this situation in any truck or suv if attempted. Also the diffs and everything aren't lockable yet.

electricAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck dual-motor
Country flag
I have seen so many F150's and Silverados slide off the road, spin out, or get stuck in the 3 weeks since this video came out. You know what happens? People help pull them out. Not a single person pulls out their camera and yells something obnoxious.

I hope to see the same kindness among truck drivers after I get my CT. I also plan to make the extra effort to use the CT to help pull them out when they are in a bind. It's all part of being a decent human being, and being part of a community.

WormtownKris

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3, 2013 F150
Occupation
Outside Sales
Country flag
Haven’t seen this here before
There was a fairly lengthy thread on this when it came out two weeks ago. Noted that this was Sierra Cement, that diff lockers are not functional yet, etc. Some inconclusive conjecture that the driver might have nudged a curb in the driveway. The CT is one of those trucks that can get stuck in the right conditions.

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Jason Camissa summed it up best. All trucks get stuck if they don't have proper snowtires/chains for certain situations.

Those insecure about how their own trucks compare to the Cybertruck will be the first to point fingers, but that reveals more about them than it does about the Cybertruck.

- ÆCIII

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
The funny thing is, I didn't see any evidence he got stuck. It looked like he was going to pull forward and get a better angle on it. Not at all uncommon driving on unplowed snow for it to take two or more tries to get it where you want it on uneven ground, especially without real winter tires. When the snow is that deep you can't see the features underneath that can direct the vehicle in the wrong direction. I call it driving by Braille.

I do think those Goodyear All-Terrain tires don't have a rubber compound well suited to snow (based on other videos I've seen). I'm surprised SolarWizard hadn't seen this yet. I thought everyone with a passing interest in Cybertruck had seen it a week or two ago. It made quite the rounds considering it's a short clip of a truck spinning wheels in sloppy snow.

Last edited:

android04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD, Tesla Cybertruck Tri-motor (reserved)
Country flag
Anything can get stuck no matter if all 4 of their tires can spin.

Keep in mind that the locking differentials are not activated yet in the software. Also, for anybody that hasn't owned a Tesla, the traction control is good but can sometimes work against you. Traction control that Tesla uses in their other models uses the individual brakes to control wheel spin and keep the wheels spinning somewhat at the same rate. This causes lots of speed in some conditions, like driving in deep snow. The other Teslas have a "Slip Start" mice that you have to turn on to allow a bit more wheel slip if needed for driving in these conditions of if you are stuck and need more wheel spin to break loose. Tesla might not have this on the Cybertruck yet, or the owner doesn't know about our know how to use it.

And finally, of course, is that the tires make a huge difference.

android04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD, Tesla Cybertruck Tri-motor (reserved)
Country flag
Traction control that Tesla uses in their other models uses the individual brakes to control wheel spin and keep the wheels spinning somewhat at the same rate. This causes lots of speed in some conditions, like driving in deep snow.
"This causes lots of speed in some conditions, like driving in deep snow."

Meant to say that the traction control causes a loss of speed when going through deep snow, and can work against you by losing momentum.

"The other Teslas have a "Slip Start" mice that you have to turn on to allow a bit more wheel slip if needed for driving in these conditions of if you are stuck and need more wheel spin to break loose."

Meant to say that the other Teslas have a Slip Start mode, not mice.

Swipe typing is fast and awesome, but sometimes I'm in a hurry and don't proofread before posting. There are a few other typos that aren't too bad.

FarAway

First Name
I.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pontiac Torrent, TVR, F-250 Super Duty
Country flag
I remember a Toyota Landcruiser FJ60 I had, even with the diffs locked if the snow was too deep it would pack under the skid plates and lift the tires off the pavement. I really needed a blade in the front to push the snow to the side and prevent it from collecting under the vehicle. I would think this could be a problem for the CT.

mark555055c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck AWD FS, 2019 Silverado Trail Boss
Country flag
Old video now.

There are two types of people who see this video and criticize and spin it negatively.

Person 1 - The unaware
Someone who has never driven in this amount of snow or more. They are unaware that nearly any vehicle would have trouble in deep snow like this.

Person 2 - The jackass
Someone who has driven in this amount of snow or more. They understand that nearly any vehicle would have trouble in deep snow like this. Regardless of this fact, they proceed to try to spin this as some sort of Cybertruck/Tesla issue.

Clearly the youtube video poster/uploader is person 2. :D

Last edited:

Cybertruck2024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning and Model 3
Country flag
I was parked at a Bills game in a grass lot which was full of snow. I saw about five trucks need to be pushed to get them unstuck. These were all different makes and obviously all had different tires and drivers.

I'd love to see a test of CT snow capability on snow tires. Perhaps compare this CT test to the same conditions on as similar tires as possible in a few other trucks. The issue is there are so many variables in a real life snow performance situation, you're not getting any real data here. Most of the trucks I see off the road by me were driving unsafe for the conditions, it wasn't the truck's fault.
Sponsored