dorylee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck FS AWD, LR Defender 90
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Final Update: the vehicle was fixed - was told the PCS module has to been replaced along with a couple of other harness. Tesla service fixed the truck in about 2 days after I brought the vehicle in which was nice. Now let's hope no more visits to the service center!

Update 4/2: Just like some of the folks suspected - Tesla service told me the "Power Conversion System has gone bad along with some harness". I really hope this can be a quick fix (replacing the part) and get my truck back this week. As far as I'm aware, this is a common issue on many other Tesla vehicles. Finger crossed.

Really hated to post a topic like this here but I think feedbacks on a critical system like HV system is overall good for Tesla to improve their product and potential buyers.

So I picked up my truck on Monday, March. 25. Absolutely loved it. Despite some small issues on exteriors and missing hub covers, overall super happy.

Truck was able to charge just fine at home, at work and at Supercharger station. Took it to work and charge it there up to 80% at a level 2 charger.

Today I tried to charge it at home in the morning - red light came on and it won't charge. Thought some breaker tripped at home so I didn't pay attention. Went to work and tried to charge it there, same thing happened. I tried another level 2 charger, same thing. I tried supercharger, it worked. I think it's pretty clear that some AC DC module or contactor is bad since it works on DC charging.

So basically, the ability to AC charge the truck is gone after less than 150 miles.

I immediately called service and brought my car in - the service said they don't even know how to fix it or whom on the team would fix it. They told me they need at least a week. Since I already have some important trip planned this weekend and it technically charges on supercharger network, I requested to drop off my car next Monday. I also asked to get some supercharging credit, but was quickly declined. A bit disappointing since it's less than 300 miles and now I'm forced to charge with supercharger due to product quality issues, and will not get reimbursed.

Overall I'm just a bit upset... Paid 110k and already set my expectation low on build quality, but really wasn't expecting a critical system like HV to fail .. and also not expecting service to reject my request for some supercharging credits reimbursement for the weekend. I was hoping they could act like they care a bit more.

393da3c0b496a122caf2a344524054a.jpg

859f18355755ba4158c5f299390fc6c.jpg

c19e30bcc6f60e93b9367e37b634d43.jpg

b2b92139a103eb9f91100ed5cd6cb50.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
dorylee

dorylee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
It's the price we sometimes pay to be early adopters of a brand new vehicle.

Keep us posted on the source of the root cause and the repair.
I know :/ I was really hoping the exterior panel scratches were the "price" but didn't expect something like this. It pains me to think that my car is going to get tear down and potentially in shops for weeks.

CyberTruckeeTheOne

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
Occupation
Retired Operating Plans & Forecasting Manager
Country flag
Really hated to post a topic like this here but I think feedbacks on a critical system like HV system is overall good for Tesla to improve their product and potential buyers.

So I picked up my truck on Monday, March. 25. Absolutely loved it. Despite some small issues on exteriors and missing hub covers, overall super happy.

Truck was able to charge just fine at home, at work and at Supercharger station. Took it to work and charge it there up to 80% at a level 2 charger.

Today I tried to charge it at home in the morning - red light came on and it won't charge. Thought some breaker tripped at home so I didn't pay attention. Went to work and tried to charge it there, same thing happened. I tried another level 2 charger, same thing. I tried supercharger, it worked. I think it's pretty clear that some AC DC module or contactor is bad since it works on DC charging.

So basically, the ability to AC charge the truck is gone after less than 150 miles.

I immediately called service and brought my car in - the service said they don't even know how to fix it or whom on the team would fix it. They told me they need at least a week. Since I already have some important trip planned this weekend and it technically charges on supercharger network, I requested to drop off my car next Monday. I also asked to get some supercharging credit, but was quickly declined. A bit disappointing since it's less than 300 miles and now I'm forced to charge with supercharger due to product quality issues, and will not get reimbursed.

Overall I'm just a bit upset... Paid 110k and already set my expectation low on build quality, but really wasn't expecting a critical system like HV to fail .. and also not expecting service to reject my request for some supercharging credits reimbursement for the weekend. I was hoping they could act like they care a bit more.

It's called Tesla Profit Protection Scheme.

Supercharger rate is 3x my home electricity rates.

FutureTruck

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX P, Lucid Air GT
Ask for a CT as a loaner vehicle, seems only fair if they won't help you with supercharging. Granted they see a guy that just spent 120 thousand on a luxury vehicle they know you can afford charging.

OP
OP
dorylee

dorylee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
It's called Tesla Profit Protection Scheme.

Supercharger rate is 3x my home electricity rates.
that's partially why I felt upset that they rejected my request to reimburse some supercharger credits .... I was left with no option but to supercharge it because of a product defect

OP
OP
dorylee

dorylee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Ask for a CT as a loaner vehicle, seems only fair if they won't help you with supercharging. Granted they see a guy that just spent 120 thousand on a luxury vehicle they know you can afford charging.
true, and I guess I was just mostly upset that the truck stopped working after just 150 miles .. and looking for some comfort

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Top 2 posts on CTOC right now are the same story. Dead trucks.
Yes, we'll get to hear about more dead trucks because their owners are more motivated to post.

And I'm surprised service center said anything; there's lots of things to go wrong in the AC system, it's basically a very large breadbox that AC goes in or out one end, and DC comes in or out the other.

Does your onboard power work?

-Crissa

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Real Estate Broker Associate
Country flag
I went through the same charging issue hours before the “low voltage electrical system” came up and the CyberTruck had to be towed to a Tesla Service Center. 18 days later and I’m still no closer to knowing what the issue is and when I may see my truck again.

Lasttoy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 S. CT ordered
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
This is insane, there is no one at factory to call and get help immediately.
An ENGINEER, not a service nobody.
This is horrible. U have been 18 days.
Unbelievable

CyberTruckeeTheOne

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
Occupation
Retired Operating Plans & Forecasting Manager
Country flag
This is insane, there is no one at factory to call and get help immediately.
An ENGINEER, not a service nobody.
This is horrible. U have been 18 days.
Unbelievable
I am going to miss my Toyota Service Center henceforth. :eek:

Mattsplat

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag

I love my Teslas and I can't wait for my CT but something I have learned about Tesla is that once they have your money, the friendliness ends. They got what they wanted. Terrible customer service even though you are buying premium prices cars.
Sponsored