Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Maybe something a little like this...

I’d be wanting it in silver to reflect the heat of the sun and full blackout lining.
Of all the different formats I think Elon would be attracted to this one....Now IF they make it out of photovoltaic Fabric You could cruise from one side of the Sahara to the other at 10mph and never have to deflate it or worry about running out of energy.
Sponsored

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
I'm planning on keeping an air mattress within that can attach to the air compressor. Would be awesome if there was a vault option developed for a translucent vault door...look up at the stars without the mosquitoes biting! In the meanwhile, mosquito netting over the bed will have to do.
monofilm the material used for clear sails.

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
Cybertruck has an onboard air compressor. I think a pop up should be air beam technology.
Have you seen the inflatable paint spray booth that you can get from China? Video on youtube somewhere.

PATEL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4
Country flag
We know there'll probably be a pop up soft tent based on the image released on reveal night but I wonder if Tesla will also offer some kind of hardshell bed topper cap. The aftersales modification parts market can be a boom for Tesla if it's something they care to make money from. The aftermarket is going to be robust regardless though. It's a pickup afterall.

Jedi2155

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I signed up just to say that the initial concept art looks terrible because there is NO consideration for aerodynamics. Aero is the biggest consumer of energy at speeds > 40 MPH. In terms of drag, its a function of cross-sectional area, which those concepts greatly increase.

Not to mention some of the designs basically increase drag significantly due to the wing like structure. You want to minimal overal frontal surface area if you want to minimize area. The most optimal aero shape is like a rain droplet of water (shaped for aero forces when falling) which is why see a lot of our submarines designed that way. The cybertruck is designed to encompass some of the features as well.

CyberSwanson

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Outlander PHEV
Country flag
Totally agree, this has got to add zero drag. That’s why I like the idea of a custom inflatable tent so much. Slide it into the vault (probably only taking up half the storage), throw in your luggage, close the lid and you’re good to go. Arrive at your overnight stop, open the lid, take out your luggage, flick the compressor and in a couple of minutes, you’ve got a nice big camper van!

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
With the bed being 57" wide and no fender wells sticking in there, an inflatable mattress and maybe something that goes into the vault track that makes a roof level with the cab height would suit most needs. If the rear window goes down, the AC/Heat would work for the bed area in this aspect. It would be quite small of a tent topper that takes almost no space to store. A couple of shock-cord rods could shore up the sides a bit if you want height. The whole thing could store under a seat. Hey, if the rear seat goes flat enough, you could put a mattress right there and keep the bed for camp stuff... even better. Well, for two, at least.

LDRHAWKE

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ, GTS1000,FJR1300, Aprillia Scarabeo,
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Re: the first iteration: cool graphic and a worthy effort toward developing possibilities. However, that pointy thing up front does nothing-not aerodynamic (the big vee-notch), and not good for storage inside. The second seems awkward, with same aerodynamic problem, but hey, I'm no designer. I hope Elon and other after-market manufacturers will make it easy to add a camper. These renders are good conversations starters. I think ANY camper for the CYBRTRK must maintain the low drag mantra that epitomizes a Tesla. For sure I want a camping package when I take delivery. (I ordered mine on Day 2).

Appears that we have an Iron Butt opinion....?

joeguy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3
Country flag
So I'm liking something a bit larger, like this insert camper that you can add to the vault of the Cybertruck. These renders need work, but I want something in the vault so no need to tow and can travel almost anywhere all the time. So hope that there will be a camper style like this by Tesla or 3rd party companies that would be amazing.

Cybertruck Camper Cybercamper Concept.jpg
So I had to make a new login my email did not work. this was not my photo, I was just using it as an example from what I found on google. I do hope that we can get a camper type addition. would love to travel around with only the truck. Joeguy07

hridge2020

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
Aircraft Fixed/Rotary - Rocket/Missile/Spacecraft/Air Defense Scientist
Country flag
Or Model S special option if you can't wait for CyberTruck to be converted.

Tesla Cybertruck Cyber Camper concept for Cybertruck Tesla-Model-S-hearse

Tesla Cybertruck Cyber Camper concept for Cybertruck tesla-model-s-hearse-7

Hearse

Last edited:

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
I think that is what it is, right? A Tesla coffin transporter?

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
We are witness to how miserable past design suffers from integration shock and lack of innovation atop Cyber*. Right now all ideas suffer the insult of CT's iconic world class design upstaging them. The result will emerge a whole new design Cyber-language.

SpaceX has much to contribute to this language me thinks... A break from the past couldn't be more imminent.

lam@cocf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tundra
Occupation
stagehand, medical retirement
Country flag
I get the attraction of a pop up but I'd like a hard wall option. I'm not interested in finding out in the middle of the night that the bears have moved their range.

For someone that might spend extended time living in one I'm torn over the idea that a problem with a vehicle that requires more than one day could leave you with no where to stay.
One the other hand there's a lot to be said for something that fits the bed and eliminates the need for a separate trailer to tow.

Either way I want something that a claw or knife can't open up in seconds.

EDIT: With more panels to run the camper functions or integrated with the truck's storage?
Sponsored

Last edited: