Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots
Occupation
Various
Country flag
Today was the first opportunity to run my Cyberbeast at a Porsche club (PCA) autocross event. I spent most of my time instructing beginners today but in between my instructing duties I took the Cyberbeast out for 2 separate runs. My first run was a 1:31.5 and my second run was 1:30 even. To put that in perspective, there were 30+ Porsches there today including a Taycan and my time was the 4th or 5th best time of the day. I didn't see a forum for track / autocross events so I posted it here, admins feel free to redirect me if this isn't the place.

I intended to have my dash cam footage available from both runs but I forgot to manually save it and by the time I got home from the track both runs were overwritten on my USB thumb drive that came with the truck. I could have sworn that my Model 3 Performance saves more video but it is what it is. I will piece together the in truck video tomorrow from the practice drive through session I did which was saved when I remembered to press save so at least you can see the course layout and the rear wheel steering in action. I also need to merge those videos together in Camtasia or some other software. (Any recommendations on software to stitch together and present dash cam video from the Cybertruck?)

In the mean time, here is a brief video of me finishing my 2nd run and crossing the finish line shot by the PCA autocross timing person on his phone.

As far as how the Cyberbeast did? Well let's say a 6500lb vehicle isn't supposed to perform as well as a 3000lb sports car, but evidently it can! The handling of the beast is just insane for what it is. Could I go faster? Sure, but I'd need better brakes to pull down from speed and I'd need tires with a LOT more grip than these off-road tires that were begging for forgiveness the entire time. I don't want to think about how many miles I wore off them today. :) :) If you'd never pushed your Cybertruck to the limits of its handling, which again, are amazing for this size/weight vehicle, you should go visit an autocross near you and give it a try. I had a blast and happy to answer any questions that I can. AFAIK I may be the first person to Autocross a Cybertruck. :)

I just found the raw footage in another folder of one of my runs, I haven't stitched it together but will upload both videos to YouTube and post here:

Part 1 of the run:

Part 2 of the run:

ADDING COMPOSITE VIDEO HERE ON 5/26:
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
TeslaKen

TeslaKen

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots
Occupation
Various
Country flag
That’s awesome! More video please.
I will stitch together what I have from the dash cam tomorrow and ask if anyone else watching took any and post what I can, but I have a dinner party to execute now. :)

HOWEVER! I just found the raw footage in another folder of one of my runs, I haven't stitched it together but will upload both videos to YouTube and post here:

Part 1 of the run:

Part 2 of the run:

Last edited:

CyberFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT
Country flag
Today was the first opportunity to run my Cyberbeast at a Porsche club (PCA) autocross event. I spent most of my time instructing beginners today but in between my instructing duties I took the Cyberbeast out for 2 separate runs. My first run was a 1:31.5 and my second run was 1:30 even. To put that in perspective, there were 30+ Porsches there today including a Taycan and my time was the 4th or 5th best time of the day. I didn't see a forum for track / autocross events so I posted it here, admins feel free to redirect me if this isn't the place.

I intended to have my dash cam footage available from both runs but I forgot to manually save it and by the time I got home from the track both runs were overwritten on my USB thumb drive that came with the truck. I could have sworn that my Model 3 Performance saves more video but it is what it is. I will piece together the in truck video tomorrow from the practice drive through session I did which was saved when I remembered to press save so at least you can see the course layout and the rear wheel steering in action. I also need to merge those videos together in Camtasia or some other software. (Any recommendations on software to stitch together and present dash cam video from the Cybertruck?)

In the mean time, here is a brief video of me finishing my 2nd run and crossing the finish line shot by the PCA autocross timing person on his phone.

As far as how the Cyberbeast did? Well let's say a 6500lb vehicle isn't supposed to perform as well as a 3000lb sports car, but evidently it can! The handling of the beast is just insane for what it is. Could I go faster? Sure, but I'd need better brakes to pull down from speed and I'd need tires with a LOT more grip than these off-road tires that were begging for forgiveness the entire time. I don't want to think about how many miles I wore off them today. :) :) If you'd never pushed your Cybertruck to the limits of its handling, which again, are amazing for this size/weight vehicle, you should go visit an autocross near you and give it a try. I had a blast and happy to answer any questions that I can. AFAIK I may be the first person to Autocross a Cybertruck. :)
You are aware that Tesla has still not lifted the speed limiter from the CyberBeast, correct? It’s supposed to top out at 130mph but instead it’s nerfed to ~112mph…I bet you would have placed even higher without that artificial limit….

Gundo

First Name
Gundo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Foundation Series Cybertruck
Country flag
Having done a bunch of these in my 997, I’ve gotta say this is an awesome idea!! Pretty sure there was not a single Porsche at that event with four wheel steering either.

It’s gotta make a huge difference. I wonder what your time would be if you deactivated 4WS

I wonder how the brakes would hold up to repeated abuse at that level. There’s a lot of mass moving around.

So awesome! Thanks for sharing!

kpg81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyberbeast
Country flag
You are aware that Tesla has still not lifted the speed limiter from the CyberBeast, correct? It’s supposed to top out at 130mph but instead it’s nerfed to ~112mph…I bet you would have placed even higher without that artificial limit….
You'll never get close to those speeds on an AutoX course

OP
OP
TeslaKen

TeslaKen

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots
Occupation
Various
Country flag
Having done a bunch of these in my 997, I’ve gotta say this is an awesome idea!! Pretty sure there was not a single Porsche at that event with four wheel steering either.

It’s gotta make a huge difference. I wonder what your time would be if you deactivated 4WS

I wonder how the brakes would hold up to repeated abuse at that level. There’s a lot of mass moving around.

So awesome! Thanks for sharing!
The 4 wheel steering absolutely makes a huge difference in the tight corners, especially with a vehicle of that size. I would not want to turn off the 4WS as I am certain I would be obliterating cones if I tried to maintain those speeds. I didn't have any brake fade but I was also not hammering them repeatedly from high speeds like you would be at a track day, autocross is probably more forgiving in that regard as I can modulate throttle and use regen to slow me down just enough in some situations and hammer on brakes only as much as I really need to. If I had more tire grip and had higher speeds I would likely need a brake upgrade to handle the punishment. It is simply a matter of physics and while the Beasts brakes seem good I doubt they are up to the task of heavy track use. Surely UP or someone else is going to have brake rotor, pad and caliper upgrades. I'd love to have some carbon ceramic rotors with large surface area calipers and some brake cooling ducts on the Beast but I haven't seen such a magical setup yet. I hazard to guess most people are never going to autocross their Cybertruck other than maybe do what I did and go experiment and see. I don't know why you'd run one all the time unless SCCA created a new class for them. :)

OP
OP
TeslaKen

TeslaKen

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots
Occupation
Various
Country flag
Goddamn great driving OP. That was impressive. Seeing this just gets me more and more excited for my beast to arrive!
Thank you very much for the kind words and I am loving my Beast after having it for 3 weeks. It has won car shows and placed near the top of an autocross along with hauling a bed full of lumber for my fence project, all in a short span. What's not to love? :)

Stinky10r

First Name
Vladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Couple Audi's
Country flag

I just found the raw footage in another folder of one of my runs, I haven't stitched it together but will upload both videos to YouTube and post here:

Part 1 of the run:

Part 2 of the run:
As someone who's autocrossed a 3200 lb vehicle in NASA, Lol. However, 4 wheel steering and the low center of gravity, I can see marginal appeal here. Good to you. As an instructor how would a novice driver do in the same vehicle?

Stinky10r

First Name
Vladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Couple Audi's
Country flag
If you could hit 112 mph on an autocross course, you should drive for F1....