Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Definitely good news! Thanks for the share and also thank God for Google Translate. :ROFLMAO:
Well, I was certainly confused. I usually have Google Translate working from Japanese so it was already set to that. Then when I translated the site this is what I got.

I knew there could be a lot of emotion in Korean dramas but wasn't expecting this much in a company press release.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck A/B/C Pillar Component Order Confirmed with Korean Supplier Seoyeon E-hwa Korean Supplier

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
We should start a "GoFundMe" and chip in to buy Munro's CT teardown report
My question is if there's a NDA and who is allowed to see it. Even more reason to start a CT Club maybe, so Club members can enjoy the perks? I dunno, would be super interesting though.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
My question is if there's a NDA and who is allowed to see it. Even more reason to start a CT Club maybe, so Club members can enjoy the perks? I dunno, would be super interesting though.
So if we plan it out, perhaps we can surreptitiously create some corporate entity, raise money between ourselves, then when the research becomes available, put it online for our company "management" to all read.

How much do the full research reports on vehicles by Munro cost? Surely more than a Haynes manual but it would also be SOOO much more educational.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
So if we plan it out, perhaps we can surreptitiously create some corporate entity, raise money between ourselves, then when the research becomes available, put it online for our company "management" to all read.

How much do the full research reports on vehicles by Munro cost? Surely more than a Haynes manual but it would also be SOOO much more educational.
Exactly what I thought. Not sure what entity works for that in the US, depends on what is allowed under the NDA. I'm fine with becoming a paying member to view it. It will have much more detail than we can see on a assemble CT when someone gets it.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Exactly what I thought. Not sure what entity works for that in the US, depends on what is allowed under the NDA. I'm fine with becoming a paying member to view it. It will have much more detail than we can see on a assemble CT when someone gets it.
I wonder if we con convince Munro to just do a members subscription price that they would control. Instead of buying the report outright, individuals could get an online account and pay for which ever vehicle reports they would like to have access to. No downloading or printing allowed. If it was easy to navigate, I'd be very interested.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Sorry to be a Debbie Downer, but on a quick google the Monro Model Y report started at US$90,000

And even If one were able to dupe Monro and Associates into selling to a “company” comprised of 90 strangers willing to pay $1,000 each through a shell LLC, I wouldn’t advise being among them. Chances would be too high of someone (or everyone) breaching the sorts of non-disclosures therein and involving all 90 members in at least litigation expenses, if not an adverse finding against the members.

Then again, YOLO

flowerlandfilms

First Name
Eryk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yamaha SRV-250, Honda Odyssey RB1
Occupation
Film Maker
Country flag
Back in the day companies would give you a wiring diagram and schematics as part of the purchase.
Kind of a regression if you ask this old timer.
Just one old man's opinion.
(I am 37. I am facetiously implying that's old in order to illustrate how quickly right to repair was completely removed from public expectations in the past few decades.)

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
No, actually Tesla needs to roll the contract amount into all trucks produced over 5 years that use those parts (not each truck). This is actually one more indication Tesla plans to build huge volumes of the Cybertruck.

Your comment shows a lack of understanding of automaking or perhaps it's simply an amateur attempt at making potential Cybertruck purchasers think this bit of news means Cybertruck will unaffordable.

Millions of dollars are inconsequential when spread over the production of millions of Cybertrucks.
Correct

2.5 million trucks over 5 years.

Below is wrong, but close enough.

$ 226,000,000 contract
2,500,000 CT built over 5 years
$ 90.40 per truck

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
Trying to figure out what this component might be.

Are we talking about just a padded foamy strip to cover up the bare metal? Sort of like upholstery?

I think some of this area needs to have airbags and it doesn’t sound like this is an airbag supplier.
I have the same question. Let’s think about the pillars for a second. From the inside out it’s some type of plastic cover likely over an airbag over a stamped steel structural pillar (probably wiring and possibly insulation inside and seals for the door) and on the exterior there is some type of panel attached to the b pillar. The A and C pillars have stainless cladding. That B pillar exterior could be glass, plastic or painted metal. I would tend to guess back painted glass since the camera/ sensor sees through it in one location. They obviously arent making the stainless, they probably aren’t making the steel body pillar. They aren’t making the sensors. Since the contract is for the A, B and C and reading that the company makes a lot of plastic components, my best bet would be that they are making the plastic interior cladding pieces that surround the pillars on the interior. I bet that also includes any plastic that wraps header above the door and the sill.

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag

I think the most important question on here is how many people on here actually have the shop manual for their gas vehicles. Not the local parts store Haynes manual. The actual shop manual. Like 4” thick and multiple volumes. Probably only a couple. And that’s on a vehicle that needed 10x the maintenance that a Tesla does. Then to take that further, how many will actually use that info to make any beneficial improvement to the vehicle. Again maybe one or two. And the monto reports aren’t really written like a repair manual that specifically helps you replace or diagnose problems. They are written so that other manufacturers can learn all physical characteristics and have some technical input on the pros and cons of those features. The Munro report isn’t going to tell you how to replace a Tesla motor, but it will tell you all the physical characteristics and possibly physics analysis of the motors performance.

If anyone wants to talk about going in on an actual shop manual for the CT, I would be open to that conversation. It’s probably a couple grand I would guess.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Well, I was certainly confused. I usually have Google Translate working from Japanese so it was already set to that. Then when I translated the site this is what I got.

I knew there could be a lot of emotion in Korean dramas but wasn't expecting this much in a company press release.
Google Translate is trained on translated books.

Romance novels are often translated, and so are over sampled. Early on (like twenty years ago) it would make for hilarious mistakes.

-Crissa
Sponsored