g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
This is good news.

https://www.mk.co.kr/news/stock/10728873

It has been confirmed that Seoyeon E-hwa recently won an order for A, B, and C pillar parts for new models(Cybertruck) of the U.S. electric vehicle company Tesla. - This parts will be installed in Tesla's first pickup electric vehicle model 'Cybertruck', which is scheduled to be mass-produced at the end of this year.

The product contract period is until 2028, and related sales are expected to reach 300 billion won.

Seoyeon E-hwa leased the Monterey plant in Mexico with a budget of about 13 billion won to manufacture Tesla's Cybertruck filler parts. A representative for the production of parts will be dispatched to this month.

An official from Seoyeon Ihwa said, "It is still underway internally," adding, "There is no issue to talk about the order due to the signing of a confidentiality contract."

Sounds like they're well under way to beginning production late this summer, early this fall.
Sponsored

rudedawg78

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired USAF, Emergency Manager
Country flag
This is good news.

https://www.mk.co.kr/news/stock/10728873

It has been confirmed that Seoyeon E-hwa recently won an order for A, B, and C pillar parts for new models(Cybertruck) of the U.S. electric vehicle company Tesla. - This parts will be installed in Tesla's first pickup electric vehicle model 'Cybertruck', which is scheduled to be mass-produced at the end of this year.

The product contract period is until 2028, and related sales are expected to reach 300 billion won.

Seoyeon E-hwa leased the Monterey plant in Mexico with a budget of about 13 billion won to manufacture Tesla's Cybertruck filler parts. A representative for the production of parts will be dispatched to this month.

An official from Seoyeon Ihwa said, "It is still underway internally," adding, "There is no issue to talk about the order due to the signing of a confidentiality contract."

Sounds like they're well under way to beginning production late this summer, early this fall.
Definitely good news! Thanks for the share and also thank God for Google Translate. :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
Definitely good news! Thanks for the share and also thank God for Google Translate. :ROFLMAO:
Definitely. Maybe I should just post the translated article?

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
pretty funny line

I’d bet my pillow that Tesla’s NDA’s are sophisticated enough to cover that it also excludes discussing the existence of the contract

so either these guys bent the rule because they wanted the marketing lift despite the risk, or these guys just unknowingly breached their NDA

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
pretty funny line

I’d bet my pillow that Tesla’s NDA’s are sophisticated enough to cover that it also excludes discussing the existence of the contract

so either these guys bent the rule because they wanted the marketing lift despite the risk, or these guys just unknowingly breached their NDA
I think it maybe translated roughly and meant they in fact did NOT sign anything. Like watching a "Friday" movie.

Just glad to hear some level of vendor PO info. I think it's going to be later this year than Q3 unfortunately however, based on what I am seeing.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I think it maybe translated roughly and meant they in fact did NOT sign anything. Like watching a "Friday" movie.

Just glad to hear some level of vendor PO info. I think it's going to be later this year than Q3 unfortunately however, based on what I am seeing.
Tesla must have a small-order supplier for the A, B, and C (I was not aware the CT has a C pillar) pillars as they have clearly been making prototypes. But that supplier may not be able to handle volume.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Trying to figure out what this component might be.

Are we talking about just a padded foamy strip to cover up the bare metal? Sort of like upholstery?

I think some of this area needs to have airbags and it doesn’t sound like this is an airbag supplier.

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
Trying to figure out what this component might be.

Are we talking about just a padded foamy strip to cover up the bare metal? Sort of like upholstery?

I think some of this area needs to have airbags and it doesn’t sound like this is an airbag supplier.
This is the sail pillars! /s

CyberSleuth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hot Wheels 1:10 Cybertruck
Country flag
I thought Tesla was going to make the vast majority (~90%) of the parts/components for the CT in house?
They really can't make their own pillars?

rudedawg78

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired USAF, Emergency Manager
Country flag
Looks like the contract is for the next 5 years:

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck A/B/C Pillar Component Order Confirmed with Korean Supplier Seoyeon E-hwa Capture.JPG

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I thought Tesla was going to make the vast majority (~90%) of the parts/components for the CT in house?
They really can't make their own pillars?
The pillars are stamped steel and part of the body. This is some kind of component that attaches to them. That’s why I suggested perhaps some sort of upholstery or surface treatment.

@Jhodgesatmb suggestion above is possible too.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
https://www.marklines.com/en/top500/seoyon-e-hwa

Business Overview
-Manufacturer of automotive interior products such as seats, door trim, headlining, etc.; as well as exterior parts and equipment such as bumpers and lamps.
-The Company provides the majority of its product to Hyundai Motor and Kia Motors.
-Percentage of sales by destination: Hyundai Motor 54.0%, Kia Motors 33.9%.

DMC-81

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Transformers Camaro SS, 1985 Corvette Z51, Dodge Magnum R/T, 1981 DeLorean, CT reservation
Country flag
Last edited: