'23 MYLR, '23 Mavrick Hybrid, '24? Cyberbeast
Occupation
Current Operations for... an organization
Country flag
That's not where it is in the diagram.

3DEE8DE8-EEA4-42C8-84B0-9E3D86F7EA43.jpeg

That has it under the bed.

-Crissa
Yeah, that makes as much sense. The tricky thing would be there is no way to close or open the vault if you have a midgate open. It just makes more sense to me to not have a midgate and to use a sliding downward opening rear window to enable an air conditioned (including heated) vault area.
Sponsored

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
Because of the commercial style rolling tonneau cover I don't see a midgate happening. It would add to the cost and increase manufacturing complexity.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Yeah, that makes as much sense. The tricky thing would be there is no way to close or open the vault if you have a midgate open. It just makes more sense to me to not have a midgate and to use a sliding downward opening rear window to enable an air conditioned (including heated) vault area.
True, but you can't close a doorway that's got something sitting in it, either. You also can't close the vault with a motorcycle sticking out or the tailgate with lumber sticking out.

I do hope the rear window opens, anyhow. I like my fresh air.

-Crissa

It would add to the cost and increase manufacturing complexity.
PS, this is true of most features, especially a midgate. Bit of a tautology.

Smokehouse Brown

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Willis
Occupation
Rocket Surgeon
Country flag
I have not been to all of the different United States.. But tailgate open is not a problem. Secured load is only a problem if it looks bad or stuff flies off. Pickup trucks don't get pulled over much unless it's really bad.
In Texas you do what you want. Just can't have a loose dog or people riding in the back. And this just changed not too long ago. Merica.

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
1677743809115.png

from investor day. Confirmed structure is legit.
And I'm guessing it's just ONE giga casting per side, so all that including the wheel well comes out of the press already together?

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
And I'm guessing it's just ONE giga casting per side, so all that including the wheel well comes out of the press already together?
I think there are 3 castings. Bottom is one big piece with 2 much smaller castings for the weird piece that goes inside the sail pillar.

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
Looks like no sail storage from the new wiring image.
Based on what? I can't tell if there is room in sails from the wiring image at all. What makes you think there isn't?

ED_SFO

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
Based on what? I can't tell if there is room in sails from the wiring image at all. What makes you think there isn't?
Look at ogre image above that's circled...those underlying structures are in plane with the door openings and sides. If you imagine them putting doors in and bolting the "sails" to those structures there's no room for storage. If the sails do bolt to that structure, the only way it would have room if those structures rotated out and up with the "sail" panel attached. It could but prob not likely.

No need for sail storage when there is the frunk that should be pretty deep. Also from the video from investor day the frunk looks like it opens up like the ford lightening possibly, which I think is way more useful imo.

I attached a pic to give u an idea, to me looks like that whole front area lifts up...not 100% though

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Body Prototype Casting spied uncovered!! 😲 Screenshot_20230301-142302~2

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Look at ogre image above that's circled...those underlying structures are in plane with the door openings and sides. If you imagine them putting doors in and bolting the "sails" to those structures there's no room for storage. If the sails do bolt to that structure, the only way it would have room if those structures rotated out and up with the "sail" panel attached. It could but prob not likely.
The sides of the truck are pretty wide.

Plenty of room for storage in the rear quarter panel area.

Does not seem to be the simple flip up triangle if it does happen.

I know this is a slim hope. Just pointing out there is still a small chance… tiny even.

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag

No need for sail storage when there is the frunk that should be pretty deep. Also from the video from investor day the frunk looks like it opens up like the ford lightening possibly, which I think is way more useful imo.

I attached a pic to give u an idea, to me looks like that whole front area lifts up...not 100% though

Screenshot_20230301-142302~2.png
Check out them gaps... M3 production issues all over again! LOL.

Personally I am liking this pic. Seems like a great way to access the frunk.

But again, the gaps... What about boat mode? Is the frunk going to be water tight?
Sponsored