Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
There's a dedicated thread on here where we went through several iterations and ideas.
So many topics discussed over the years... Now that people are getting all excited and antsy about the impending arrival, ideas are popping up again. Maybe some new? The majority seem to be rehashed though. I hope the old cronies on the site can help temper some of the angst, inform on the history, and generally steer us through our excitement without anyone getting too hurt. Hopefully there won't be too many more bodies that fall to the wayside.
Sponsored

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Yeah it's been a fun trip. It seems as if traffic has picked up over the last few months. Good to have some new input, but you do need a bit of patience as there is a pattern of behaviour. Which can be interesting in itself.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I keep having flashbacks to certain topics and/or characters. Some posts I think of a response but then skip it because it goes down a probable rabbit hole.

I just went back and looked to see that I still have 4 members ignored. But they all are the likes of @ad5awdfa6 that came on and spammed immediately.

But its interesting. I have actually ignored the Cybertruck reservation order number -- how to tell your place in line thread. That thing got way too chatty and repetitive for me. Looks like it is still active though.

And let's not even think of reopening the metal roof topic. That just got way out of control. Not the only one but it was certainly memorable. Especially how it kept popping up regularly in other unrelated threads.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
I haven't ignored anyone yet, not even spammers. I just do that mentally by skimming over names and content.

Personally I like the engineering side most, and exploring responses to design ideas along with some design philosophy, which sometimes goes off topic. Ahem...

All in all I'm here to discover solutions by trying to understand peoples problems. 🤣

ED_SFO

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
p
Update
Tesla have lodged a patent for a BAW that slides horizontally and is electronically operated, retreating into horizontal hatch below screen when not in use
Will CT get it?
Definitely not for CT, but could be for a future project like a cargo van or an RV. Imagine an RV with like 600 mile range with all the fixings, bed, stove, fridge, heat pump/ a/c unit...MW charger..would be sick!!!

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
Definitely not for CT, but could be for a future project like a cargo van or an RV. Imagine an RV with like 600 mile range with all the fixings, bed, stove, fridge, heat pump/ a/c unit...MW charger..would be sick!!!

sliding horizontally could be bad in heavy snow.

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
sliding horizontally could be bad in heavy snow.
Traditional single/dual wipers can buildup/pack snow at bottom of windshield (top edge of hood) where wipers normally park and there is nowhere for the snow to go.

In heavy snow, a single wiper that slides horizontally might push snow to the A-pillars and off both sides of vehicle.

Why would sliding horizontally be bad in heavy snow?

Last edited:

Prime8

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Colorado,
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
Traditional single/dual wipers can buildup/pack snow at bottom of windshield (top edge of hood) where wipers normally park and there is nowhere for the snow to go.

In heavy snow, a single wiper that slides horizontally might push snow to the A-pillars and off both sides of vehicle.

Why would sliding horizontally be bad in heavy snow?
Yep, also if the BAW starts vertical and arcs downward to the hood, snow heavy mud etc will be compacted down there too. Will be mandatory to clean windshield in those situations before firing up the BAW. Not a big deal but another small compromise.

ED_SFO

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
Wipers aren’t good for clearing heavy snow regardless. Wipe it off or better, use the defroster to warm up the car and clear the snow before you leave the house.
Correct, also newer Teslas have heated windshield glass that also helps heat the blade. If you plan ahead you can have car pre heated and windows defrosted, took 5 to 10 mins when I was in Tahoe recently.
I know majority ppl on here do not currently own a Tesla but the remote climate control is my favorite feature, entertainment while charging #2 and sound system #3. Never having to go to a gas station #4. 🙂

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag
SICK!!!

Cyber Canuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Focus Electric, Ford Maverick Hybrid
Country flag
Yep, also if the BAW starts vertical and arcs downward to the hood, snow heavy mud etc will be compacted down there too. Will be mandatory to clean windshield in those situations before firing up the BAW. Not a big deal but another small compromise.
Wipers aren’t good for clearing heavy snow regardless. Wipe it off or better, use the defroster to warm up the car and clear the snow before you leave the house.
I don't think this will be a problem for the CT as the hood and windshield are in the same plane and angle in which the snow will just slide down no obstructions and no cavity to fill.
Sponsored