ituner-HF

First Name
Andrei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S, X and 3, Waiting for Cybertruck
Country flag
I've spent a lot of time on my home theater design (forums, etc).

Indeed it can be complicated putting multiple subs at separate locations. The sound waves can cancel each other out if the listener is in the [wrong] location.
[Now we know why they took out that middle front row seat!! /s]

I think that is because your ears are average approximately 6 to 7 inches (about 15 to 18 centimeters) apart so it is hard to pick up the sound with the wavelengths in the bass Hz range.

yB9tS28.jpg
IMHO, there is a lot of DSP in modern sound systems and provided that you have multiple microphones the sound from many "tiny speakers" can produce big sound. Also, I think it will be excellent for road noise cancellation (more granularity in delivering the opposite wave phase).
Sponsored

rudedawg78

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired USAF, Emergency Manager
Country flag
The Elon tweet youโ€™re referring to isnโ€™t a reply to this guy, it was an Elon tweet that was copied in by this guy

That said, since that image was released it seemed pretty obvious those were most likely speaker boxes with ports, given the pairing, placement, size, and apparent โ€˜roundโ€™ disk on the face.

on the other hand, the image is on overlay of the old prototype CT, so who knows if the details persist in even the pre-production model
Well then...damn. I see now what this MDR guy did.

He definitely seems to be self-promoting himself with these "breaking stories". I hate how he copied Elon's tweet over and then put a current date of that tweet. Pretty f'd up.

Last edited:

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MYLR, '23 Mavrick Hybrid, '24? Cyberbeast
Occupation
Current Operations for... an organization
Country flag
Proof those are subwoofers?
... or that they are just 8" subs? Why not 10" subs? I installed a lot of 10" subs in my day. Preferred over 8", 12", and 15" subs because of their range. Of course, one or two things may have advanced since then... ๐Ÿคช๐Ÿ˜Ž

BeastSlayer

Banned
Banned
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Ryder
Occupation
Chief Investment Officer of MyLooseChange
Country flag
I wonder how much weight could I trim off if I am not carrying those woofers. :p

And if others are not playing folk songs, I am hoping they won't share their music with me by blasting it out loud with their windows open -- and turn it off when entering the campsite at 12 midnight, drunk or not.

Last edited:

AlDente

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, Model 3 (2), Model X
Country flag
I won't be playing games in the CT but I'm glad they have those nice little subs as long as they give the user equalizer control.

I know a thing or two about audio and subwoofers. Currently have 6 - 15" bass drivers across the front in 3, 6' tall main speakers (LCR) with with a nice coaxial horn in each main behind a 138" acoustically transparent screen. Full 11 speaker system with 12K watts of power. It's my 450 sq ft mini ATMOS Theater in my home.
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck has dual 8" subwoofers! ๐Ÿ”Š ๐Ÿ”Š JTR 215 RT

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
I imagine the steel exoskeleton will provide excellent sound insulation for Cybertruck. For the stereo and road noise.
I immediately had the vision of the average honda civic driving around with the glass, mirrors and license plate buzzing like crazy

rudedawg78

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired USAF, Emergency Manager
Country flag
I won't be playing games in the CT but I'm glad they have those nice little subs as long as they give the user equalizer control.

I know a thing or two about audio and subwoofers. Currently have 6 - 15" bass drivers across the front in 3, 6' tall main speakers (LCR) with with a nice coaxial horn in each main behind a 138" acoustically transparent screen. Full 11 speaker system with 12K watts of power. It's my 450 sq ft mini ATMOS Theater in my home.
JTR 215 RT.jpeg
Beautiful setup! I would love to have a home theater setup in my house sometime. I do have a great sound system, but nothing like yours.

AlDente

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, Model 3 (2), Model X
Country flag
Beautiful setup! I would love to have a home theater setup in my house sometime. I do have a great sound system, but nothing like yours.
Thanks, I spent a good 20 years in the Home Theater world with many iterations of audio and video. It was my hobby so spending thousands of hours and dollars was part of the process. 9 years ago, I got to the point where "it'll never get much better than this" so I unplugged from HT and learned to resist "upgrades" and just enjoy the system. I tend to deep dive into my hobbies and Tesla, and electrification are my new obsession hence my presence here. I enjoy the solid science and fresh information here and even some of the banter and speculation, but I'm hoping that the CT will be like my HT and I will be content to just enjoy the ride and not obsess over details. :)

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
My son who is an ICE only fanatic made a good joke when I showed him this.

"That's the only good sounds that will come out of that truck". :ROFLMAO:
Itโ€™s okโ€ฆ. We wonโ€™t have to listen to their crappy trucks for more than a few seconds at stoplights regardless. The rest of the time theyโ€™ll be distant images on our rear view monitor.

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
MDR scouring these pics to try and be relevant again lol

Last edited:

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag

I'm sooo tired of the loud vehicles. Cant wait

FarAway

First Name
I.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pontiac Torrent, TVR, F-250 Super Duty
Country flag

Ok, He is funny!

Tell him that we are all going to put a playing card in the spoke of the wheels, too.
Sponsored