Mythrainder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Compliance
Country flag
This is not the kind of news I want to hear, whether or not it is true. Very depressing. I would prefer rumors that have Cybertruck production starting 'this' October. What do you-all say?
I say you are correct sir.
Sponsored

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I think we could start to see the ball rolling as soon as July/Aug, with final prototypes being tested, and pricing revealed, we will see trims and detail, and delivery date for the early birds starting to trickle out.

All in all, it will get interesting soon...... just like pre-season of your favourite sport

With F150 coming out, and Silverado sprouking, it's frustrating, but there's no rush for Tesla to show all its cards just yet.

Just a few more sleeps.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
And if you're not into the mountains, there's long flat trails down along the dunes - the roads to the jettys are my jam. Boring for most, but wind can be just as much a pusher/drag as gravity and a slope.

-Crissa
Oh man, going fast off-road is a blast. We spent some time in the desert in Nevada, blazing down skinny sandy roads with huge site lines and just sort of rolling terrain. Super fun even in my Subaru.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I think we could start to see the ball rolling as soon as July/Aug, with final prototypes being tested, and pricing revealed, we will see trims and detail, and delivery date for the early birds starting to trickle out.

All in all, it will get interesting soon...... just like pre-season of your favourite sport

With F150 coming out, and Silverado sprouking, it's frustrating, but there's no rush for Tesla to show all its cards just yet.

Just a few more sleeps.
That is when I expect to see activity really increase if they are launching in early 2023.

I agree, it’s in Tesla’s best interest to keep their cards close at this point.

NOT IN MY BEST INTEREST THOUGH. I want deets, dates, and dollar amounts!

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
I will for sure and absolutely agree about trusting in a company that hasn't produced a car at a profit is a risk. I think by the time my reservation comes up Rivian's future will be more certain. I am still concerned about spending $80K on a car that might not have service moving forward. I'm a CT reservation holder because of value and I think it will do some things better than any other electric truck (and it seats six...which I still need on rare occasions).

When you get your CT we can meet up at Jones Creek ORV in WA (https://www.dnr.wa.gov/geo/yacoltorv.pdf) or Tillamook State Forest and compare the two in the real world.
I have no doubt that Rivian will survive. It won't be a Tesla, but since they are all electric and now established, they will make it. Amazon backing sure helps too. The RS1 is currently unique as the only real off road capable SUV. Sorry the X just doesn't have the clearance.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I have no doubt that Rivian will survive. It won't be a Tesla, but since they are all electric and now established, they will make it. Amazon backing sure helps too. The RS1 is currently unique as the only real off road capable SUV. Sorry the X just doesn't have the clearance.
The R1S looks like it has a much larger, more useful interior as well.

Downside to the R1S is it’s likely similar efficiency and slow charging the R1T has.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Just a few more sleeps.
I'm not so sure.....it is April in 3 days.....I say again, still no gigapress for CT.....6 months to get it, set-up, tested and certified.....then prototype and beta testing.....I just dont see that happening in jul/aug.......I'm afraid, we are looking at another delay that well may push things out past oct 22.....it might just push me out of a CT also....

edit: the Silverado really looks like something I would like.....but it has a long time to go as well

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I'm not so sure.....it is April in 3 days.....I say again, still no gigapress for CT.....6 months to get it, set-up, tested and certified.....then prototype and beta testing.....I just dont see that happening in jul/aug.......I'm afraid, we are looking at another delay that well may push things out past oct 22.....it might just push me out of a CT also....
How can you see what is going to happen in July/ August?

Generally speaking I can only see what happens in 4-5 months by waiting 4-5 months.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
They will set up the next Gigacasting press when they're done setting up the Model Y ones.

-Crissa
ok....but the time required to become operational still remains the same......and, they are not here from what I can see

uff_da

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag

Just a few more sleeps.
Sure hoping the Lightning and Silverado help with the demand issue and take some people out of the Cybertruck line! We all win if those are good products and can be made at volume. Still waiting for my Model Y ordered in Nov and now expecting in Aug-Sept (10-11 month wait). Sure hope new entrants can shorten the Model Y line too.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
just for reference......there are 3 giga presses for the Y now.....still working on them...ok......but how long did it take to get the first one up and running to produce parts that were acceptable.......I am sorry, I just cant see how jul/aug will happen if they are here by late April / May......even that is a stretch.....but I hope you are right and I am wrong

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag