JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Yes. The CT that was being prepped in the corner by the window was the one that went on stage.

Roughly half of the factory is empty waiting for CT production to be set up. Of the MY line, I'd guess we saw 70% of it. We did not see 4680 cell production (but DID see pack production) and did not see inside the paint booth (for obvious reasons). Oh - did not see the sheet metal presses either - although as I was leaving I realized I missed a section. Perhaps that was sheet metal press area?

Did see gigapress for front and rear castings, body assembly, chassis assembly, seat assembly, pack assembly, final assembly - including a robot that puts the wheels on. Probably other stuff I've forgotten but it was easy to visualize the whole process.

Even though I live here and have seen the factory go from gravel pit to factory, the size of this thing is impossible to describe.

Massive is a HUGE understatement. (pun intended.)
Yeah the building just doesn't scale well with anything, you need to be there! I will have to visit soon! I've already been looking for properties inthe area.

BTW Was there any noticable curve on any of the CT windscreens?
Sponsored

swengl

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model Y
Country flag
Good video! I like the bed view.

That has got to be the flattest windscreen I have ever seen @ 2:18 though! :cool:
Great video quality, kudos!
I wonder if the objects at the bottom of the window pillars are the door sensors (@2:36)? (or possibly touch sensitive "door handles"). Also, the rail system in the bed (@0:38) looks intriguing. Has anyone else noticed if the light-bar at the top of the windshield is still there on this prototype?

Chip Geek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt [CT3] On order: Tesla MS-LR
Country flag
I wasn't thinking about the curve or flatness of the windscreen so no direct comments about that. All I can say is look at the photos.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
I wasn't thinking about the curve or flatness of the windscreen so no direct comments about that. All I can say is look at the photos.
Yeah fair enough, lots going on I'm sure. Not really that important other than to count how many CTs there are.

Cybr on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 UncorkedMS75awd+Upgrade fsd,M3LRawd+fsd,CT3FSD
Country flag

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
I posted that one from a twitter video I found. There was another one from utube as well I posted. But none of them had curved windscreens.

@Albern
I think 5 is the right number. I also think that EM either won't release the curved windscreen version officially until its all complete, or they are still testing to see if the curved windscreen is worth it aerodynamically before they do.
No one asked. But the OG flatscreen Offroad vibes are “superior” to svelte PC “modern“ curved windscreen design language bolted onto CT. Regardless the justification, optical qualities are the only reason if mfg is problematic at this scale. Never experienced any optical “vision” impairment with flatscreens. Reflectance glare off flat windscreens are legend. CT acute angle seems to mute that bitch.

SAVFPV

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
All Black Model Y LR, Beast w/ FSD Reserved @ 1149
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Thats also the undriveable unfinished CT they had there on the stand. The stage CT even had a drivers display like the MS Plaid, and can be seen on the stage when the door is opened.
I agree with this standpoint. In the photo of the truck apparently on the stand only, you can clearly see the airbag is not installed and it look slike the spot where the "blinker" would be is ripped off! That particular truck must be just a mule it seems.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
No one asked. But the OG flatscreen Offroad vibes are “superior” to svelte PC “modern“ curved windscreen design language bolted onto CT. Regardless the justification, optical qualities are the only reason if mfg is problematic at this scale. Never experienced any optical “vision” impairment with flatscreens. Reflectance glare off flat windscreens are legend. CT acute angle seems to mute that bitch.
Yeah I never was really that worried about windscreen reflections inside or out because of the angle. But curved is not only better for aero but its also significantly more structural and better for impact protection. I think they will have a curved windscreen, how curved is the question.

Tenksen

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
if only we can know how much it is going to cost. cant wait for pricing and specs to come out.
fingers crossed the plaid CT doesnt go for model x pricing :cry:
Hopefully will keep the pre order prices with all the lines that dont match up on the truck lol

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
A few shots of the truck with Musk on stage I think emphasizes how big the truck really is. These are tall guys. Also, 35” tires.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Makes Appearance @ Cyber Rodeo! 1649436367989

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Makes Appearance @ Cyber Rodeo! 1649436493982

electricAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck dual-motor
Country flag
Best video I've seen yet with clearest shot of bed.

Also you guys be crazy if you don't think this is the curved windshield. The roof window is clearly straight and flat. The windshield has a slight arc to it as all windshields do. Thing ain't gonna be a semicircle bubble window like it seems some of you think it will be. It's a normal slightly curved windshield not some exaggerated absurdity. It's even got the roof overhang over the bed like the drone shots from recently.

Best I can tell from these videos, it's a POSSIBLE midgate. One thing intrigues me though... I thought in the earlier versions of CT the midgate wall was stainless. This one is definitely black and made of different material. To me that implies it may have been designed to be lighter weight (for lifting the midgate), and dark in color (to match the Cab interior when stowed down?).

Still waiting on confirmation. Also, where the hell is the tonneau stored? It looks like this model may not have one installed?

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
absolutely best walk around… window is up, if it even goes down. Fav video walk around for sure. So clean, bed view. I currently drive a long bed tacoma(5'10" bed), this seems to be exactly that size. .
Sponsored