First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 silverado
Country flag
David,

Do you have any idea why he got banned??? If not, then maybe you might want to walk this one back.

And this site isn't run by the government at any level, so the 1st amendment doesn't apply here. And I think the admin runs a pretty consistent ship. Even if I don't agree, at least it's honest and consistent.

I was reading this thread, Taco Tuesday was more than likely posting while intoxicated. Mildly arguing and then suddenly banned. I don't know why cause I didn't see the offending post, possibly removed. But if it was due to being an ass, then I'm all for someone taking a posting vacation.
Sponsored

FarAway

First Name
I.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pontiac Torrent, TVR, F-250 Super Duty
Country flag
>OFF TOPIC< (only slightly)

Public Service Announcement

NO PWI (posting while intoxicated)

... but whether discussing CyberTrucks or cubic chickens, if you wouldn't discuss it across your dining room table, with everyone's wives and children present, then please don't SAY it here. Nuff said.

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
Being unable to list every practical issue with this maneuver by Tesla, you’re right that this is another one people aren’t thinking through.

Almost nobody here will hold title to their vehicle.

Unclear how lenders will respond to this mass produced vehicle being subject to a ROFR by the manufacturer.
C
Were you on the debate team in HS/college?

If not you would have been the Captain for sure.

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
I was reading this thread, Taco Tuesday was more than likely posting while intoxicated. Mildly arguing and then suddenly banned. I don't know why cause I didn't see the offending post, possibly removed. But if it was due to being an ass, then I'm all for someone taking a posting vacation.
Multiple posts were removed thankfully.

DumpsterFire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Mouth Breather
Country flag
Banning free speech should never be applauded. Hate speech yes, but not someones differing opinion.
Wasn’t a differing opinion.

He made a ridiculously vulgar comment about a CTOC members wife.

Pretty sure peeps here don’t get banned for differing opinions…

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
I think, in your situation, you will know in a month or three. Let's say it is three. Average is 1,000 miles a month @$0.25/mile. Assuming you don't beat the ever loving snot out of it, your deduction to sell it back is $750. Any other vehicle on the planet that you drive for 3,000 miles and 3 months and can get all your money back, less $750, is an amazing deal. And if you can figure it out in a week, or 250 miles, means you only lose $62.50. I'll take that deal, and twice on Sundays.

Couple things here. First, he dies two months after buying the CT. Average use case is 2,000 miles, she would get back the purchase price less $500. Can you do that with the majority of cars on the market? I don't think so. And I'll take the position that "at this time of her life" she has to try and sell a used car and negotiate a price on her dead husband's dream car? How much easier is it for her to mail a copy of the DC, a short letter, and they cut a check and come pick it up. Sounds to me like a far easier option for her. And for reference, I've been in the middle of this EXACT situation for the last almost 3 years. Only it wasn't a car, it was a plane. And he did't die 2 months after purchase, it was 5.

I'd also bet that if they were that tightly strapped for cash, and she sold it to the next door neighbor for cost, Tesla wouldn't chase this one. Bad for PR, bad in general, and if she wasn't on the PA, they could only go after his estate, which doesn't sound like it would have had a lot to go after. Kinda doesn't make sense to sue to get blood out of a turnip.

I'm not saying the paragraph is a positive or a negative. I'm just pointing out that just because a company CAN take action, doesn't mean they WILL take action.

You’re overlooking sales tax which is going to be very substantial

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
The first one was made right when Elon gave out the website, the second one was made right at the end of 7k FSD.
You are in great shape then. They will be spaced out long enough where you have no worries. You'll be fine.

CyberBC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Dodge Ram 3500, 2011 Chevy Volt
Occupation
Farrier
Country flag
The intention is to discourage what otherwise could effectively lead to what happened to the Lightning at Ford dealerships. Ford sells a Lightning to a dealership who then marks it up $20,000 for sale to someone willing to pay extra (jumping the line). It pissed a lot of people off and damaged Ford. Tesla is smart to do everything possible to prevent this from happening. If demand for Cybertruck is as strong as I think it is, I have no doubt a lot of early reservation holders will consider reselling at a nice profit. If you don't like the purchase agreement, it's simple, don't sign it.
Agreed. It would seem to be that Tesla's direct to customer method is precisely why this issue comes up, as with ticket sellers. If Tesla had dealers they might not mind them scraping some cream off before reselling. If it was a reasonable amount. Seems to bode well for lower initial price. Difficult decisions with this much demand. Also, they must take into account Rivian rebellion when they raised prices.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
With exception of FSD reservations, the price will fluctuate even during the reservation fulfillment period as required to maintain a healthy backlog of 3-6 months of real orders with larger deposits.
Tesla has never done this to people who reserved while there was a specific price. They always let them choose the lower price and wait, or cancelled it if Tesla thought they weren't going to get to that model within a year.

Otherwise, I think you're correct, and this is why Tesla took the price off the reservation page at a certain date.

DA4346D1-4E83-4711-A435-56B4AB8B3180.jpeg

The provision says if Tesla declines to purchase owner’s damaged vehicle (the scenario I described) the owner can resell to someone else with written consent from Tesla. As I stated for this scenario if that written consent from Tesla does not have a clause for a ceiling on the owner’s damaged resell price then said owner can sell it for however much they want. Tesla can’t then seek damages because they provided written consent for resale and that is the agreement to which said owner would be beholden.

If that consent agreement has even been drafted would be a surprise.
Tesla Cybertruck clause said:
... you agree to notify Tesla in writing and give Tesla reasonable time to purchase the Vehicle from you at its sole discretion and at the purchase price listed on your Final Price Sheet less $0.25/mile driven, reasonable wear and tear, and the cost to repair the Vehicle to Tesla’s Used Vehicle Cosmetic and Mechanical Standards.
If you damage it, they're just going to reduce the price, not be less likely to give you an offer.

You’re overlooking sales tax which is going to be very substantial
Tesla includes taxes in their final price sheet, as far as I can discern.

So that might not be a worry.

-Crissa
Sponsored

Last edited: