Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda ridgeline
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
When I ordered the dual motor Cybertruck I also signed up for FSD at $8K. When the truck finally comes out will I still get FSD for 8k or will I have to pay more not that it is going for 10k?
Sponsored

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
When I ordered the dual motor Cybertruck I also signed up for FSD at $8K. When the truck finally comes out will I still get FSD for 8k or will I have to pay more not that it is going for 10k?
None of the prices are guaranteed, not even the truck prices.

That said, they have always honored the price you lock thing in at so you should be fine.

tmeyer3

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Wrangler, Tractors
Occupation
Computer Scientist
Country flag
FSD price does not change from your reserved value, truck price can. It's all in the order agreement.

If you cancel your reservation, you will likely have to pay current fsd price.

Thank God I got it at 7k

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
Does anyone with a Tesla know this? Does autopilot automatically turn on hazard lights if you slow down in traffic below 40mph on a highway? I think its the law but almost no one does it. In Germany almost everyone does it.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
Does anyone with a Tesla know this? Does autopilot automatically turn on hazard lights if you slow down in traffic below 40mph on a highway? I think its the law but almost no one does it. In Germany almost everyone does it.
I learn something new every day.

We ran out of gas in Germany (I was not driving). Walked to a gas station, got the gas and a nice police officer gave us a ride back. So nice in fact that he gave us a ticket to remember him by. That is how I learned it is illegal to run out of gas.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I learn something new every day.

We ran out of gas in Germany (I was not driving). Walked to a gas station, got the gas and a nice police officer gave us a ride back. So nice in fact that he gave us a ticket to remember him by. That is how I learned it is illegal to run out of gas.
Makes sense, creates a road hazard.

He did give you a ride back to the car though, it's almost like expensive roadside assistance.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
It does not do this. At least not when the car slows down due to congestion/ an accident half a mile ahead.

Seems like something it should do though.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
Makes sense, creates a road hazard.

He did give you a ride back to the car though, it's almost like expensive roadside assistance.
Another travel tip: In France I got a ticket because I did’t know the speed limit is 10 km/h less than what the sign says if it is raining.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
No, but it's a planned feature.

-Crissa

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Germany is fun to drive.
They also have lanes where you have too exceed a certain speed to stay in that lane aka a minimum speed or you have to go right. Most autobahns have active speed controls with led signs, especially in metro areas. They also have speed recommendations to keep traffic flowing.

But the main one that is lethal if you ignore is that the overtaking lane always has right if way. That means you have to give way to someone approaching on that lane. And approach you I will at 150MPH!! Even the sprinter vans go 110mph. Always a good feeling cruising to work down the highway at 5am with all the other "tradies" at 100MPH. :)

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I miss when Oregon was that way. People would dart out of your way when you caught up with them.

*wistful sigh*

Of course I prefer being able to lane-split over all of that.

-Crissa
Sponsored