Hélène
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Volvo S70 Manual
Occupation
Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant
Country flag
My first post here, but this post totally made me laugh. Like many of you guys here, I also hesitated a bit cause the design of CT was way too much for me initially. It slowly grew on me and now I’m totally in love with it. With the information provided I am about 270,xxx’th in line, so looks like third year production at least. I hope that early gremlins would have solved by that time. It great to know that there’s an awesome community of Cybertruck forum members.
When did you order? Boyfriend has a model 3...... said I am sending you the link of the reveal....... 2 minutes after I was placing my order. November 22, 2019.
Sponsored

Bond007

First Name
Bond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I placed my order on November 25th. I am okay with the delay in delivery as it gives me more time to think about it as well as set aside the funds needed.

AlexD

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus 460LS, Model 3 dm, Mustang Boss 302, F150,
Occupation
retired Building Contractor
Country flag
Assume lets say... 500,000 reservations as of today. Soooo...

Subtract 25% for cancellations.
Assume production volume ramp up is similar to M3 , which delivered 438,634 in 2.5 years (according to Wiki)
Assume production actually starts by Jan 2022.
Negative influences: 1) It could turn out to be super complicated to build in volume. 2) battery supply drys up.
Positive influences: 1) No painting to do! 2) not Telsas' first rodeo

It just could be we ALL will be tooling around in our CTs by mid 2024 :)

It may not be as bad as Elon seems to say.
He may be speaking to the # they project by the time production starts... or it could be Elon speaking in his Elon-esque way.
I placed my order on 7th January 2020 and it seems I'm 466531 on the list and, I'm 72 so hope I'll live long enough to get my ct!

AlexD

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus 460LS, Model 3 dm, Mustang Boss 302, F150,
Occupation
retired Building Contractor
Country flag
Can't wait 3-4 years to go EV, just ordered a Model 3 w/ FSD to bridge the gap. Better to sell my ICE now before the bottom falls off resale value. Figure minimal depreciation with Model 3 at worst at the time of CT delivery, Best case FSD is ramping up and I can turn it into a money printer to pay for the 2 CTs on order.
Wow, did the same. Collecting my model 3 in 1 weeks time.
When my ct finally comes on line I will/ may trade my model 3 in.

Héli

First Name
Hélène
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Volvo S70 Manual
Occupation
Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant
Country flag
Hoping my Volvo 2000 will get me there........... I ordered my CT on November 22, 2019 so I do hope receiving it within two years. If something goes wrong, I will have to borrow my boyfriend’s Model 3........ or ask my son to lend me my Civic. Hoping that I will receive it in May 2022 so I won’t have to buy winter tires straight away!

kdn

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Pre-ordered CT Tri Motor, F250, Toyota Tundra, Jeep Wrangler X, Toyota Camry
Occupation
Self employed Ice cream industry, Snow Plowing, Charter Fishing on the Great Lake Erie, Commercial Properties
Country flag
I couldn’t wait for my CT so I purchased a very nice ‘16 MS. Drove 325 miles in a one way rental ($129) to pick it up. I love it and I am now gas free when driving around town. Found my MS on
usedTeslaonly.com. Tesla has a nice supply of MS and MX for sale. I feel I got a great deal on UTO but please due your due diligence. Inspect closely. Bring a friend. Use car fax and still inspect it closely. I will never buy another ICEV with the exception to plow with. If CT can use a plow then I will perhaps order another. Thank you Elon

Bond007

First Name
Bond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Any idea where’s the reservation numbers stand as of now. The last I heard was around 550,000 about couple months ago.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
I couldn’t wait for my CT so I purchased a very nice ‘16 MS.
Congratulations. Enjoy! The only way to fully appreciate what we are talking about here much of the time is to drive one of these cars.

PATEL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4
Country flag
I wonder if when Musk made this prediction did he have in mind an entire gigafactory for the Cybertruck production already or was he thinking at the time about expanding the current plants to add capacity for the truck? That could make a difference in the timeline he quoted.

Kingace74

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber Truck
Country flag
Now I am depressed that I found this thread and realized that I am 302K in line. The Model Y is looking sweeter now.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
The key to higher production is increased battery supply. Tesla also plans to implement new high-speed, heavily automated battery manufacturing processes designed to reduce labor costs and increase production in massive “terafactories” about 30 times the size of the company’s sprawling Nevada “gigafactory” — a strategy telegraphed in late April to analysts by Musk.

Elon stated “We’ve got to really make sure we get a very steep ramp in battery production and continue to improve the cost per kilowatt-hour of the batteries — this is very fundamental and extremely difficult,” Musk told investors in January. “We’ve got to scale battery production to crazy levels that people cannot even fathom today.”

Nevada Giga Factory
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck (Orders) Demand Would Take 3-4 Years Production to Fulfill Says Musk F42BAFDF-74C0-471D-99C0-D6275F9B2C98

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
The key to higher production is increased battery supply. Tesla also plans to implement new high-speed, heavily automated battery manufacturing processes designed to reduce labor costs and increase production in massive “terafactories” about 30 times the size of the company’s sprawling Nevada “gigafactory” — a strategy telegraphed in late April to analysts by Musk.

Elon stated “We’ve got to really make sure we get a very steep ramp in battery production and continue to improve the cost per kilowatt-hour of the batteries — this is very fundamental and extremely difficult,” Musk told investors in January. “We’ve got to scale battery production to crazy levels that people cannot even fathom today.”

Nevada Giga Factory
F42BAFDF-74C0-471D-99C0-D6275F9B2C98.jpeg
One huge advantage the Texas address posted recently, has over the location shown here. I looked on Google Earth and there are raiload tracks along the side of the land. If Tesla is planing to go that big, it's a huge advantage to be able to load & unload railcars to do transportation by rail.

TechOps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, ex-Model S
Country flag
I ordered on launch day (RWD) and then another the next morning (tai-motor), and then when they switched production order, I changed my RWD to dual motor. Place #26k in line. I initially hated the design and thought there's no way I'll get one, but for a $100 refundable deposit, decided to make a reservation anyway. I'm so glad that I did that, now..

BoomTrooper

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Avalanche (current) , Cybertruck x 2 (preordered)
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I ordered on launch day (RWD) and then another the next morning (tai-motor), and then when they switched production order, I changed my RWD to dual motor. Place #26k in line. I initially hated the design and thought there's no way I'll get one, but for a $100 refundable deposit, decided to make a reservation anyway. I'm so glad that I did that, now..
I literally did the same in ordering one at the reveal and then another the next morning! I was sold and it had to grow on me as well, but i'm so glad i took the chance on getting that spot in the queue when preorders opened! My wife needed some convincing, otherwise I would have put both orders down at the same time. Now we'll just have to see how big a gap it will really be between the delivery of each of them. Hopefully, it's not too long (6+months)!
Sponsored