Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
I never wated a truck. I just want a car. A Cybertruck.
People expected a Tesla in truck wrapper from launch. Six seatbelt 4dr luxury, pickup-big cargo; pulling above its weight highway – unlimited offroad. “Offroad” being critical theme(subtext);”unlimited” the aspirational inducement(i.e. ‘ getting what you want’).

Cyber is its X factor. Cybertruck will be judged on Performance, Luxury, and Utility. Tesla will need 2 out of 3 to stick its Cybertruck landing.

Tesla will need time after Cybertruck is on the ground to win all 3. That will be like iPhone, showing how much people didn’t know they needed a computer in their pocket.

RMK!

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Model 3 SR, CT on order
Country flag
Your reasons make sense. I just think there should be a park setting that is as low as it will go. With a car parked you don't need any suspension travel. But in a driving setting, even on a highway low aero drag setting you still need some suspension travel. During the night of the reveal I watched several ride-along videos and the drivers were talking up the adaptive air suspension, with the possibility of having many suspension modes/settings. I think it would be cool to have a parked/slammed setting. It's amazing how different the same exact vehicle looks with different ride heights.
To me, the CT looks way wider when it gets lowered. Here's the same image from Tesla (without it lowered). It doesn't look nearly as wide. I guess it's like tall girls look skinnier than short girls. :unsure:

frontquarter.jpg

frontlowered.jpg
This is the best angle view I've seen and I hope the real deal has a significant level of height adjustment. Rivian seems to have got that right.

TessyT

First Name
Arni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, 2x Cybertruck 3m FSD (deposit)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
How about a real low park mode?

TAP1A

First Name
carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck tri motor, tesla 3 performance
Occupation
Digital Operations Engineer
Country flag
i would use it in this low setting for highway and road trips and keep it at highest setting during city driving

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
i would use it in this low setting for highway and road trips and keep it at highest setting during city driving
My Jeep Grand Cherokee with Quadralift won't let you go above 15MPH in its highest setting, and it rides kinda bouncy when I have it that high.

SONNYDUT

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GX470, 3x Audi A3, Honda Van, Model S, Tri-Motor Cybertruck
Occupation
CAD Designer
Country flag
Like all Tesla models with air suspension, it's an easy entry mode. I like that. These are my ideal modes, normal mode at 12", at highway speed will drop automatically to 10" and other option will be 16" for all terrain and the ultimate off road (crawl) mode will be at 20" with my 35" airless tires.

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
I want my Cybertruck to have a suspension setting so low that it prevents squirrels and marmots from crawling underneath. There is no gopher setting, but fortunately they won’t chew wiring or hoses.
2"?

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Last week, I hired a Renault Master to move some things to our new house.

Driving up with my wife :

'Honey, it's good driving higher, yeah ? '
'Its like being in an Airplane'
'The Cybertruck, won't be this high, but it will be high'
'I really miss my 4WD I used to have'
'The inside of the CT will be wide like this.. great ehhh ?'
'Isnt it nice to have a truck to put things in when you need to'
'The CT, has Air suspension, it will be more comfortable'
'You can drive it, it will have FSD'
'The seats will be more comfortable'

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck pic - in lowest air suspension mode & windows down 1654480808463

Mtcrawdad

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired VP of sales
Country flag
To be honest, I have never thought "what a good looking vehicle". For me, it's all about reliability, durability, utility and economy (in no particular order). The Dual Motor with the newest battery technology at build time would be perfect.

My only desire to have the Cybertruck now is my age. I'm almost as old as Sandy Monroe (e.g ancient) and the CT will most likely be my last vehicle purchase. I'd like to hand it down to a grandchild at some point and I believe that will be possible. Tesla is doing so much more than making a truck. They are redefining how to build tresterial human transporters and I'm glad to be alive to experience it.
Perfectly stated. That is Exactly my thinking. I’m 75 an know it’s my last vehicle. Just hope I live to drive it or it drive me!

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
I cant wait to hear that wiper working......just cant comprehend how fast that big thing will be able to go in long downpours in the south
In particularly heavy downpours, the wiper might switch to "two-step" mode in which it alternates wiping just the driver's half with a full swipe.

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
Apparently the wiper will be powered by a Model 3 motor. 😂

7% savings with the aero caps is huge assuming it's something that's consistent and repeatable (not doubting you, just wanting to be objective). When I was looking up an idea for aftermarket aero caps, I was seeing improvements from only 1% to 3%. 🤔
I'm seeing about 5-7% improved range with the Aero covers on my Model 3 Performance at 70-75 mph. It varies a bit depending upon how much wind there is and the apparent wind angle. At 50 mph, the difference is much smaller.
Sponsored