Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
IMO the price will be at least $10,000 more even without any tax rebate. Tesla now has proof they can continue to raise prices as buyers will pay up. They can claim a lot of supply chain problems to justify the increases and fanboys will back them. If I can net my truck for $49000 I will be happy.

But my guess is if the tax rebate is $10,000 the new MSRP sticker price for dual motor will be $69,000 and net to $59,000. The only method to keep the prices as originally stated is competition from Ford, Rivian, and GM (trucks). If Ford can sell the Lighting for $49,000 and maybe GM then Tesla will have to think twice about pissing off customers. Tesla knows the fan base will spend more as they keep raising the price for the M3 and MY.
I just want to point out that a huge price increase after the pre-order was placed is exactly the sort of thing which is *infuriating* Ford Mach E buyers. Likewise Ford Bronco.

The “Fan Base” which you suggest would suck up this, are ”Fans” in part because Tesla doesn’t do this sort of crap. At least in my case, the no-bullshit purchase experience was a big part of it. In particular, many of us are fans of the Cybertruck because of the value it represented on game day.

I see just the opposite. If Tesla bumps prices to $69,000 for the dual motor, all the reasons I pre-ordered will have gone away. And there aren’t a ton of bigger fans than I am. Maybe @CyberGus …. He’s big I think and a fan… and a big fan.
Sponsored

Eye of Elon

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Yaris
Occupation
Driver
Country flag
Does the Memelord want to see the memes made from this picture? I think they have to wait a couple of months before they raise prices.
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck price increase? 1637279530735

I hope.

repoman

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Performance S, Plaid X, Cybertruck # less then 100
Occupation
Software
Country flag
Two Digits RN Number(or 3 depending)

I hope they are able to keep the main price. But I think they may need to get extra money somewhere, Maybe a Plaid option. Hope its out next year. Factory delivery
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck price increase? cyberttruck place in line.JPG
for me if they allow.

coinMLS

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 LC500, 2022 RX450h, 2003 Avalanche Z71
Country flag
Unless there was fine print stating that the price could change, we have a contract at the agreed upon reservation price. Elon will honor this price, the company has and will have Bitcoin profits that can make up for any losses.

Based on loose assumptions based on Model 3 price increases, new CT orders will be at least $10k higher than original reservations with self drive (self drive already increased above the initial $7k offer price). With the continuing price increases of all cars, I wouldn't be surprised to see another $5k increase by the time CT starts shipping.

repoman

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software
Country flag
Unless there was fine print stating that the price could change, we have a contract at the agreed upon reservation price. Elon will honor this price, the company has and will have Bitcoin profits that can make up for any losses.

Based on loose assumptions based on Model 3 price increases, new CT orders will be at least $10k higher than original reservations with self drive (self drive already increased above the initial $7k offer price). With the continuing price increases of all cars, I wouldn't be surprised to see another $5k increase by the time CT starts shipping.
Tesla has no history of increasing the price on a reservation from the launch of any of their cars. I’m sure cyber truck will be no different. That doesn’t mean they won’t figure out a way to increase some price after they’ve launched a certain number of vehicles. Or eliminated a particular Trim level of one of the vehicles

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Tesla has no history of increasing the price on a reservation from the launch of any of their cars. I’m sure cyber truck will be no different. That doesn’t mean they won’t figure out a way to increase some price after they’ve launched a certain number of vehicles. Or eliminated a particular Trim level of one of the vehicles
Tesla is quite good at giving people willing to pay extra the opportunity to do so.

Right now if you try and order a Model Y, you are offered some choices:
  • Model Y Performance: $64,000 Delivery in February
  • Model Y LR: $61,000 Delivery in June (with 20” wheels)
  • Model Y LR: $59,000 Delivery in October
  • Model Y SR: Not available
It’s almost like you are paying more for faster delivery time. The pattern repeats across all Tesla models.

It would not surprise me to see something similar for the Cybertruck.

repoman

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software
Country flag
Tesla is quite good at giving people willing to pay extra the opportunity to do so.

Right now if you try and order a Model Y, you are offered some choices:
  • Model Y Performance: $64,000 Delivery in February
  • Model Y LR: $61,000 Delivery in June (with 20” wheels)
  • Model Y LR: $59,000 Delivery in October
  • Model Y SR: Not available
It’s almost like you are paying more for faster delivery time. The pattern repeats across all Tesla models.

It would not surprise me to see something similar for the Cybertruck.
Tesla As always delivered the most expensive vehicle’s first. They have also always given priority to prior Tesla owners. The most expensive vehicles and prior Tesla owners will get their vehicles first.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Tesla As always delivered the most expensive vehicle’s first. They have also always given priority to prior Tesla owners. The most expensive vehicles and prior Tesla owners will get their vehicles first.
Well since I have the most expensive truck on order and own a Tesla I’m in good shape then.

Since TSLA has treated me so well lately, I’d even be willing to pony up a bit more for wheels to get my truck earlier. Particularly if they are really nice off-road wheels & tires.

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lariat Lightning
Country flag
I just want to point out that a huge price increase after the pre-order was placed is exactly the sort of thing which is *infuriating* Ford Mach E buyers. Likewise Ford Bronco.

The “Fan Base” which you suggest would suck up this, are ”Fans” in part because Tesla doesn’t do this sort of crap. At least in my case, the no-bullshit purchase experience was a big part of it. In particular, many of us are fans of the Cybertruck because of the value it represented on game day.

I see just the opposite. If Tesla bumps prices to $69,000 for the dual motor, all the reasons I pre-ordered will have gone away. And there aren’t a ton of bigger fans than I am. Maybe @CyberGus …. He’s big I think and a fan… and a big fan.
I fully expect, and accept, that the price of the Cybertruck will be greater than the TriMotor price I thought I would be getting. I placed my order in November 2019. A lot has changed since then, and a lot will change before I get to take delivery. Inflation and cost of materials have, and will continue, to increase. $79,000 for the TriMotor would not be unreasonable. Or even $84,000.

We will have to see how it shakes out. Yes, I would love to get it at $69,000 but I am not going to be surprised if it is higher.

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
Yeah, I have no clue how they are calculating the ETA honestly.

1637184671977.png

I don't recall the exact date/time I ordered it anymore but I do know I received the confirmation email: Nov 22, 2019, 2:55 PM

I believe it was the day of launch but fully after the anouncement..

They are calculating it based on their own hypothesis on production ramp ups over quarters.. im guessing their hypothesis is extrapolating based on prior tesla model production ramp up.

They show their estimates on this page:
https://sites.google.com/view/tesla-reservation-tracker/cybertruck-production

and this is their quarter by quarter estimates.
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck price increase? ct_prod_est.PNG

As you can see they do hypothesize production will begin with 1 model at a time, but their ramp up quickly includes the other two models, but doesn't scale up the single motor for a while.

As with everything on their tracker and this forum.. its all based on guesses. 99% of everything debated on here is grounded in fantasy and personal hopes. We will all find out when the rest of the world finds out about every question that is asked and debated here.

Personally, I think they are underestimating because within the next year they will have Multiple giga factories up and running across the world. I think that once the new production lines are set up and kinks worked out, they will be cranking tons of vehicles out every month and year in no way similar to how they have previously due to the massive scale of these new factories. All previous models productions were hindered by their limited factory space and being a brand new manufacturer.

The fact that they have multiple giga factories nearing completion and many more planned for construction to me says they are ready to move on from their humble production origins into massive production.

FYI, they estimate my delivery of Dual motor in Jan 2025. I'm patiently waiting however long it takes and fully expecting that tracker estimate to change multiple times again as it already has in the 6 months since my reservation. None of it matters until deliveries start and they can refine the tracker based on known reservations delivery dates.

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I fully expect, and accept, that the price of the Cybertruck will be greater than the TriMotor price I thought I would be getting. I placed my order in November 2019. A lot has changed since then, and a lot will change before I get to take delivery. Inflation and cost of materials have, and will continue, to increase. $79,000 for the TriMotor would not be unreasonable. Or even $84,000.

We will have to see how it shakes out. Yes, I would love to get it at $69,000 but I am not going to be surprised if it is higher.
I think I’ve gone on record as suggesting that there is a solid chance Tesla will bump prices to suck up the incentive. Its an easy compromise. We get exactly what we ordered for the same amount we expected. No surprises either way. Tesla gets to maintain their expected margins and the inflation gods are happy.

When I see people suggesting 40% price bumps I just shake my head (e.g. increasing the dual motor from 49k to 69k). A 40% price bump isn’t due to inflation. Tesla needs to keep these prices in a range where buyers who pre-ordered a truck can reasonably afford to buy it when it’s released. At some point, they open themselves up for litigation.

I find the tri motor at $84k pretty unlikely myself. That’s a fairly steep 21% increase, higher than what inflation would account for and puts it where buyers no longer qualify for the incentive.

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
Tesla will grab that EV money for sure. I don’t recall if the preorder site said anything about the listed cost being before any incentives but I am betting they will claim the incentives so if the dual was $49k now it will be $56,500. So it lands at $49 after the $7500 incentive. That is my bet. I wish it wasn’t so but it’s hard to imagine they will just absorb the escalation and inflation with such high demand.