MrTofuDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD
Country flag
Wow, inside the first 250 product run, of what could end up be a legendary vehicle in the history of automobiles. Sure there will probably be things they come up with for improvements later on, but when these become collectables that Vin # will have huge value. I held onto my dad's Honda 750 for the last 30 years because it was of sentimental value to me. My dad would take me for rides when I was 14. Well, during this pandimic I was cleaning up the garage and found the Owners manual and for kicks I looked it up on the internet and that first edition manual is around $400. That made me research the bike. The 1969 Honda 750 started a revolution in motorcyles. It was the first large Japanese road bike that changed everything in motorcycles. It turned out that when Honda first produced them they weren't sure how well it would be accepted and the first 7414 engines were roughly made with a process called Sandcast. Mine happens to be #6966 which makes it a very sought after motorcycle. But the lower Vin #'s are even more valuable. You did well to make up your mind early and go for it!
Thanks for sharing your story! It's very interesting how vehicles can become classics over time, especially first run ones - even with any flaws. Just need patience and commitment. I'm sure just like with your dad's Honda, Tesla will come out with improvements to the Cybertruck over time, but an original spec one will always be valuable/historic in many ways.
Sponsored

AlabamaMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F350 Supecab, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
I found this forum and method of estimating your place in line about a month ago. Before that, I had a single motor Model Y on preorder since its reveal, to replace my wife's gas SUV.

But after using this Cybertruck tracker and finding out how near the front of the theoretical line I am (#233) (not to mention how close I am to the factory if it ends up in Austin ~25min), I started to lean more towards the Cybertruck. Then today I finally got to test drive the Y at the local Tesla showroom and it sealed the deal. Y is great, but it's similar enough to my Model 3 that I just don't feel excited about it. I've decided to cancel my early Y preorder and instead wait on the Cybertruck. It'll also give me time to save up for the TriMotor. So plenty of excitement on the way!

Only things to worry about now are garage fitment and first production run quality issues.

Screenshot_20200615-175136.png

Screenshot_20200715-143732.png
thank you for posting this - made me realize I had added a row to the tracker and did not update the finder widget - here is the correct reply

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck reservation order number -- how to tell your place in line Untitled

MrTofuDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD
Country flag
No problem. Thank YOU for maintaining this great tool for us future Cybertruck owners! It's great to see how so many people are looking ahead to the future of trucks!(y)

cybertrucktruckguy

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tacoma TRD Off Road, 2018 Tundra Limited, 2016 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Any chance you could update your original post with updated count as a timeline? In other words, show us how the reservations change over time, adding a line each month? That would be pretty cool.

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
How many preorders are there now?

Balthezor

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover, 2020 Model Y
Country flag
Makes me curious. With the reservation estimates including the whole world, the place in line must be completely different. U.S. preorders will be fulfilled first. So who really knows your place in line?

mrbulk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S75D
Country flag
Makes me curious. With the reservation estimates including the whole world, the place in line must be completely different. U.S. preorders will be fulfilled first. So who really knows your place in line?
So would that mean if one Is indeed in the U.S., that one would actually be higher up in the queue?

Balthezor

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover, 2020 Model Y
Country flag
So would that mean if one Is indeed in the U.S., that one would actually be higher up in the queue?
Honestly, I have no idea, but you'd think that be true. I can't imagine them sending a bunch of trucks to Europe before they fulfill a lot of the orders in US. Must be a lot easier to transport and not have to deal with import/export laws.

I heard there's a lot of people from Australia who preordered. Not sure if true or not, but you think Tesla would send trucks there before they send them to Pennsylvania? I highly doubt it. I hope I am right, because I live in PA.

Last edited:

AlabamaMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
Any chance you could update your original post with updated count as a timeline? In other words, show us how the reservations change over time, adding a line each month? That would be pretty cool.
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck reservation order number -- how to tell your place in line 1595808978879

AlabamaMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
Honestly, I have no idea, but you'd think that be true. I can't imagine them sending a bunch of trucks to Europe before they fulfill a lot of the orders in US. Must be a lot easier to transport and not have to deal with import/export laws.

I heard there's a lot of people from Australia who preordered. Not sure if true or not, but you think Tesla would send trucks there before they send them to Pennsylvania? I highly doubt it. I hope I am right, because I live in PA.
Yes, that is something we definitely would like to account for. If there was a solid precedent for the expected delays on a country by country basis then we could apply that.

Nurkbonis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
P3D
Country flag
I just saw 113758297 posted on Instagram... Which would put us around 1,014,000 reservations. Wow.

AlabamaMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
I just saw 113758297 posted on Instagram... Which would put us around 1,014,000 reservations. Wow.
Model 3, Model Y, and Solar reservations are confirmed to interleave with Cybertruck reservations from the same pool of reservation numbers.

Mitscher

First Name
Kathleen Mitscher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Software Implementation & Training
Country flag
Just found out about this page! Yay me!
I unfortunately do not see my reservation number on the list.
Thanks for creating this page!

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Just found out about this page! Yay me!
I unfortunately do not see my reservation number on the list.
Thanks for creating this page!
You can add your RN to the spreadsheet. If for some reason you are unable to add it yourself, like me, ask one of the administration folks to do so. The spreadsheet has A LOT of reservations so it may take a few minutes to fully load.
Sponsored