Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
That makes me 123,*** and I ordered Friday the day after the reveal at 2:30pm...

I think the numbers might have a regional place holder.. otherwise the reported numbers sre way off. That means almost half a million have been ordered
Is there any super smart spreadsheet savvy person that wants to graph this? I would be super interested in seeing reservations over time and spikes in reservations over time. How many reservations per month are still coming in? What did battery day do to the reservation counts etc.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Is there any super smart spreadsheet savvy person that wants to graph this? I would be super interested in seeing reservations over time and spikes in reservations over time. How many reservations per month are still coming in? What did battery day do to the reservation counts etc.
We don't have enough data to do that. But the Google Sheet has the data we do have, you could try.

-Crissa

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
We don't have enough data to do that. But the Google Sheet has the data we do have, you could try.

-Crissa
I actually came across most of this data in another thread/post. Some person did a really good job, but it is only it through April. It showed a spike in the first month and then a very steady gain. I am trying to remember if I commented to that person or not.

BarackObama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
That makes me 123,*** and I ordered Friday the day after the reveal at 2:30pm...

I think the numbers might have a regional place holder.. otherwise the reported numbers sre way off. That means almost half a million have been ordered
sounds about right. i think it is 900,000 now

flowerlandfilms

First Name
Eryk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yamaha SRV-250, Honda Odyssey RB1
Occupation
Film Maker
Country flag
...I am in Australia, the subtraction method gives me a result of 1,524,531 in line...
...so yeh...

eatsleepboost

First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Focus Hatchback
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Your order numbers is just a sequential number, starting at about 112744100 (the number that reservations began). So subtract that from your number for your (approximate) place in line. Keeping in mind the rollout will be regional, so your position in line is only good for your rollout region.

So this reservation number, is this for all Tesla models, or just Cybertruck models?

bigrin

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota, Honda Pilot, Lexus sc430
Occupation
Professional Investigator
Country flag

JesseDGreat

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Model Y and 2022 Model S
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
If it's for all vehicles, it should shoot up your timeline, a ton. I was told it was for the CT only. Not sure now.
I was told it was for CT as well. Looking at the schedule, it only reflects CT reservations so Im a little confused

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Interestingly, I think there is more to the numbering than just order placed time. I actually made 2 orders and my second number is smaller than the first number by 2,028. The 2 orders were placed about 1 minute apart. The email for the first order arrived before the 2nd order was actually placed. In tech, there are all sorts of methods used for creating a highly scalable system and still guaranteeing uniqueness in things like order numbers. My guess would be that the Tesla ordering system has employed some of these methods to make sure that their site does not go down at times like the cybertruck reveal.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Interestingly, I think there is more to the numbering than just order placed time. I actually made 2 orders and my second number is smaller than the first number by 2,028. The 2 orders were placed about 1 minute apart. The email for the first order arrived before the 2nd order was actually placed. In tech, there are all sorts of methods used for creating a highly scalable system and still guaranteeing uniqueness in things like order numbers. My guess would be that the Tesla ordering system has employed some of these methods to make sure that their site does not go down at times like the cybertruck reveal.
I should also be explicit about some possible side effects.

• There may be some holes in the numbering sequence that do not correspond to any order of any vehicle.
  • Like the example above, there may be orders placed that get numbered out of order. So its possible to place a later order but still get a lower sequence number.
  • If there are holes in the sequencing, it is rare but sometimes a system will go back and fill those holes at a later time.
  • As has been mentioned multiple times in the past, the current sequencing number system appears to be shared with other Tesla model lines. So to at least some extent, the numbering system cannot be relied on to get anything resembling an accurate count of CyberTruck orders.
  • Also, it may be that the numbering system used for online orders is/isn't shared with orders made at Tesla show rooms, sales phone calls, fleet orders, or other possible ordering mechanisms.
  • It is possible that a single order might have been made for more than a single vehicle. The ordering website seems to limit each CyberTruck order to a single vehicle. But especially for fleet sales there may be a way to order multiple of the same vehicle on a single order.
Given the above possibilities (and probably some more) it would be pointless to compare 2 order numbers and make any serious conclusions about the order in which they might be filled. Especially if the numbers are somewhat close.

And this doesn't even take into consideration any of the ways that Tesla might prioritize the actual production and shipping of orders.

But in typical childishness.... Is mine bigger than yours?
Sponsored