Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
We heard this was coming... But Tesla turned off the tap.

Elon did say they didn't know when they'd be able to fulfill all the reservations, and they have more than they could fulfill in three years... And that they'd stop taking reservations they don't know when they can get to.

Well, it happened.

-Crissa
Sponsored

OP
OP
Crissa

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
PS, I'm sure that Tesla plans to get to deliver outside of North America. But it's always been a matter of getting to it! They have so many orders right now to get to first, factories to finish building.

I'm surprised they stopped in China, too. That means they believe they have more to do than thought.

-Crissa

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Can confirm… No more order button for Australia.

Can only submit your details to receive updates.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
The suspension of Cybertruck orders outside N.A. continent, signals imminent production Gen1 Cybertruck. It has to goto production.

GigaAustin streamlines assembly, production efficiency and Cybertruck infrastructure J.I.T. for “Wolverine” International release near end of the decade? Similar to M3 teaching MY new tricks of the trade. Law of diminishing returns? Wolverine is fresh, bigger potential and more scalable to other Giga plants.

Cybertruck could transition to GigaNevada where Semi is in production too. That would open-up GigaAustin to undertake more model(s) quicker and sooner. Tesla plants could start firing on all Giga cylinders financially shooting for marketshare.

KrodEKid

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota corolla, Mazda 5
Country flag
I'm curious why Tesla ever took orders outside North America. Early on he stated it was going to be purpose built as a US market truck per size and other regulations. Popular social media posts admit concerns about legality of CT in home country, so overseas "buyers beware" was a common sentiment.

Albern

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevrolet Volt, 202X Cybertruck Plaid+ (x2)
Country flag
I'm curious why Tesla ever took orders outside North America. Early on he stated it was going to be purpose built as a US market truck per size and other regulations. Popular social media posts admit concerns about legality of CT in home country, so overseas "buyers beware" was a common sentiment.
I would think that it's a combination of "why not" and as a way to gauge global market interest. Because CT is so new, there's no way to know for sure where it'll stick most given regional tastes and regulations. Now they have a much clearer picture.

Halemarine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.halemarine.com
Vehicles
Model Y, Ford F150, Chevrolet Equinox
Country flag
Glad I purchased a Model Y for my wife back 2021. We have learned much about the ins & outs of living with an EV especially a Tesla. 31 thousand miles in less than two years has proven I was correct going with Telsa over other bands!
Now I'm ready for my Cybertruck.

OP
OP
Crissa

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The suspension of Cybertruck orders outside N.A. continent, signals imminent production Gen1 Cybertruck. It has to goto production.

GigaAustin streamlines assembly, production efficiency and Cybertruck infrastructure J.I.T. for “Wolverine” International release near end of the decade? Similar to M3 teaching MY new tricks of the trade. Law of diminishing returns? Wolverine is fresh, bigger potential and more scalable to other Giga plants.

Cybertruck could transition to GigaNevada where Semi is in production too. That would open-up GigaAustin to undertake more model(s) quicker and sooner. Tesla plants could start firing on all Giga cylinders financially shooting for marketshare.
You can't build a new design until you've built capacity. They don't have sufficient capacity for current demand, so... this doesn't really signal anything other than not wanting more reservations sitting as a debt on their balance sheets.

-Crissa

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
PS, I'm sure that Tesla plans to get to deliver outside of North America. But it's always been a matter of getting to it! They have so many orders right now to get to first, factories to finish building.kk

I'm surprised they stopped in China, too. That means they believe they have more to do than thought.

-Crissa
It's a head scratcher. What is the risk of taking a reservation without a cost or time commitment? I get Tela wants to avoid shipping cost and energy but that is solvable with a surcharge. The only thing I could think of would be introduction of the smaller model built in Berlin and China???

peppercycler

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 Etron; MYP/Cybertruck - ordered
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
It's a head scratcher. What is the risk of taking a reservation without a cost or time commitment? I get Tela wants to avoid shipping cost and energy but that is solvable with a surcharge. The only thing I could think of would be introduction of the smaller model built in Berlin and China???
It could be a reason that the CT in US size is to big for Europe, but here in Germany are a lot of US Pickups on the roads (e.g. Doge Ram…)

OP
OP
Crissa

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
  1. They may never get to it.
  2. They are then legally obligated to attempt to align it to that market.
  3. It's a liability on their balance sheet.
  4. Some see it as dishonest.
  5. People lose contact, and over more time it becomes difficult to return the money. And they can't use that money to return that money!

-Crissa

Last edited:

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
You can't build a new design until you've built capacity. They don't have sufficient capacity for current demand, so... this doesn't really signal anything other than not wanting more reservations sitting as a debt on their balance sheets.

-Crissa
No

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
  1. They may never get to it.
  2. They are then legally obligated to attempt to align it to that market.
  3. It's a liability on their balance sheet.Some see it as dishonest.
  4. People lose contact, and over more time it becomes difficult to return the money. And they can't use that money to return that money!

-Crissa
1.) I hope you are wrong.
2.) Maybe. A disclaimer could fix that pretty easy. Make the reservation holder responsible to check for import limits.
3.) I would think the reservation shows up on both sides if the balance sheet. The treatment internationally could be different.
4.) Very legit. The transaction cost of returning deposits could be substantial.

On the flips side a reservation implies a little loyalty.

OP
OP
Crissa

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
1.) I hope you are wrong.
I expect they will get to it. The possibility just needs to be named.

2.) Maybe. A disclaimer could fix that pretty easy. Make the reservation holder responsible to check for import limits.
Disclaimers can only go so far; everything has to beat the 'reasonableness' test. And tiny text buyer beware is usually insufficient.

3.) I would think the reservation shows up on both sides if the balance sheet. The treatment internationally could be different.
It does, but how it's viewed by investors and reported by media is not always even handed..

On the flips side a reservation implies a little loyalty.
But that leaves the question, how many reservations are merely abandoned/disconnected and how many are loyal?

-Crissa

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
To avoid all of the headaches and frustrations existing Cybertruck reservation holders are dealing with over potentially a 5+ year period.

Musk said it’s 3+ years to deliver their current backlog.
Sponsored