Cybertruck Ride Height Comparison

Joe_T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback
Country flag
So I’ve been staring at older photos of the cybertruck, and the newer one to try and understand why the older one looked so much more aggressive than the newer one, which looks like a sedan. As shown in the images below, it seems like one of the major differences is just ride height.

The images below show the newer model has at least 1) low 2) regular, 3) high settings. All the images from at least the last few weeks have been in the low setting.

From what it looks like, the last image from the regular setting was at the Texas lithium ceremony.

The high setting we’ve only seen that I know of in that one video at night.

A lot of the original cybertruck images were also in what seems to be a regular suspension height, or maybe even a little higher, so it gave it a more aggressive luck. Additionally, it can be seen that the original had aggressive lug tires, and the slightly wider spacing. Definitely gave it a different visual appearance than the smoother tread seen on a lot of the current sightings.

i’m hoping that if I just run the suspension at their regular or even a higher setting, if allowed, and put on a slightly more aggressive tire that it will achieve the look I’m hoping for.

There’s always the possibility of putting on a 37 inch tire, which might actually fit, or even a spacer to widen the stance? Might be able to add without rubbing.

Low:
Regular
Hugh
Old school

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Ride Height Comparison IMG_8172

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Ride Height Comparison IMG_8175

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Ride Height Comparison IMG_8174

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Ride Height Comparison IMG_8171
Sponsored

Old Spice

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Polaris RZR
Country flag
OP
OP

Joe_T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback
Country flag
I had forgotten about those. The one thing it makes me think of is that I recall Sandy Munro showing a version with what looks like a larger front air shock.

Here’s the photo. Also has really aggressive tires.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Ride Height Comparison IMG_8176

SlegMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus
Occupation
Physical therapy
Country flag
Tesla is creating something to run (perform) optimized. That includes a vehicle that adjusts ride height to the demands placed on the vehicle. I support them in their decision. This may not be the vehicle for you. Though I do have to say they do flamboyantly advertise this option. 😬

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Came across this today. It was from an old tweet, that appeared to have captured it from some old Tesla-provided screen capture attributed to CT UI

anyone know where it’s from?

20” is so nuts it would seem a myth

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Ride Height Comparison 0187385D-CC23-4D8F-B30C-1C834D8A37A4

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
20" suspension?

Come on Tesla show us a video/photo of the Cybertruck RAMP test!!! :cool:

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
I just got a great idea for a commercial.

Show a Cybertruck driving on dirt to a BIG dirt ramp, and then go to slow motion of it as it lifts off High into the air, with dirt flying behind it. Then with the Cybertruck ridiculously high in the air, go back to normal speed as it comes down into a pond. And Tesla says PSYCHE, we're not that crazy. As the Cybertruck drives out of the pond!!!!

In the early 80's I did some work for Hobie Sailboats. When they built a 33' trailer-able monohull sailboat with a retractable keel. Here's video of a cool test they did.

Last edited:

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
Tesla is creating something to run (perform) optimized. That includes a vehicle that adjusts ride height to the demands placed on the vehicle. I support them in their decision. This may not be the vehicle for you. Though I do have to say they do flamboyantly advertise this option. 😬
I do think users will be able to manually adjust ride height although there will likely be well-defined limits as to how manual adjustments are used and driven.

For example, you will not be able to adjust the height to maximum and drive at highway speeds. While Tesla does tend to give owners the benefit of the doubt and give more control to owners than a typical corporation might, I don't think higher speeds in an inherently unstable configuration are in the cards. GM limits the speed of the Hummer EV when it's in maximum clearance mode to somewhere as low as 2-4 mph.

It may also have a selectable "Auto Ride Height" mode that will select a ride height based upon what it can see via the cameras and the current action of the suspension.

One thing is certain: the good people of this forum will get some fine entertainment watching people kill their range and increase their operational costs by installing oversize wheels/tires with manly-looking treads, and then coming back to complain about how it doesn't get anywhere near its rated range, LOL!

Last edited:

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Then with the Cybertruck ridiculously high in the air, go back to normal speed as it comes down into a pond. And Tesla says PSYCHE, we're not that crazy. As the Cybertruck drives out of the pond!!!!
While it’s in the air, have people firing 9mm handguns at its sides, and instead of landing in a pond it’s the ocean and in boat mode, and then cut to shot of control screen showing 855 miles of range remaining, then it pulls up to. SpaceX landing barge in the Gulf of Mexico, before boosters come from under the CT, and final shot it’s on Mars and the tonneau opens revealing it’s so large it holds the entire first colony inside

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
Have you seen these at max high suspension setting?

Thread : https://www.cybertruckownersclub.co...rtruck-shot-engineering-event-palo-alto.7989/

pics:
1677283991520-jpeg.jpg

cybertruck-raised-height-air-suspension-jpg.jpg

And these?

https://www.cybertruckownersclub.co...celebration-setup-for-new-offices-in-ca.7752/

The crazy thing to remember here, for scale, those are 35" tires!

Here is a Taco on 35's, lifted.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Ride Height Comparison 1690049019598

It looks so much bigger. It'll be cool to crawl in Cybertruck, but it'll also just look neat chilling up in high suspension sometimes. Not much for lifted trucks myself, but it will come in handy on occasion.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
for scale… Here is a Taco on 35's, lifted…. [CT] looks so much bigger.
I should hope so - that’s a short bed taco (15” shorter in length) on 35x13.5R24’s (25% wider, and 4” taller rims)

What if “for scale” we used a long bed taco (2” shorter) on identical tire, and only a 3” lift?

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Ride Height Comparison A2929188-EB29-496D-A8B1-1FDB9BF22E15

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
I should hope so - that’s a short bed taco (15” shorter in length) on 35x13.5R24’s (25% wider, and 4” taller rims)

What if “for scale” we used a long bed taco (2” shorter) on identical tire, and only a 3” lift?

A2929188-EB29-496D-A8B1-1FDB9BF22E15.jpeg
Couldn't find a 6'er but didn't look too hard.

That's a shot bed Taco too.

This is a long bed, but don't know the size of either the tires or the lift.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Ride Height Comparison 1690065096287

OP
OP

Joe_T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback
Country flag
Came across this today. It was from an old tweet, that appeared to have captured it from some old Tesla-provided screen capture attributed to CT UI

anyone know where it’s from?

20” is so nuts it would seem a myth

0187385D-CC23-4D8F-B30C-1C834D8A37A4.jpeg
This is from the Tesla UI patent application
Sponsored