Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
What's range when there's a Supercharger on your path?

If it charges just as fast, a smaller pack doesn't mean more time charging.

-Crissa
Sponsored

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
What's range when there's a Supercharger on your path?

If it charges just as fast, a smaller pack doesn't mean more time charging.

-Crissa
Unfortunately I think there are times when it will me longer charge times. With the current supercharger network there can be spaces where you would have to push the range on a Single motor. And charging slows down when charge past 80-85%. So in those instances when you're only charging in the optimum range with a larger pack, it might mean less time.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
With the current supercharger network there can be spaces ...
...Current network irrelevant. The single-motor will exist with a future network.

And charging slows down when charge past 80-85%.
...So don't charge past that point.

It just means stopping more often. But what it doesn't mean is stopping longer: Bigger battery just means you spend longer charging it.

-Crissa

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
If it did not have an air suspension and not be able to load level, I would agree, but with that ability, it should not be that big of an issue... Atleast, that is my understanding. I have never had the advantage of having an adjustable air suspension before.

I have had to move things around (like not put the majority of the weight on or past the rear axle, instead putting as much weight as possible forward in the bed).

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
If the back of the CyberTruck is jacked up the back and the front is lowered then leverage would put more weight on the front wheels, thus correcting mostly the oversteer tendency (obviously not all cases).

That is why trucks would have stiffer springs on the back so that most of the weight is transferred to the front when empty, making them 'light' in the back. When loaded, then the back stiffer springs would be compressed, thus the weight is more evenly distributed.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
You would think I was nodding agreement but it actually my head just bouncing from the stiff springs on horrible new england roads. It is going to be sweet relief to be able to soften when unloaded and stiffen when loaded. I think part of the oversteer can be corrected by the fly by wire...
But really I don't mind oversteer when fully loaded... I'm driving slow and careful anyway... its the horrible ride I have to put up with most of the time that I'm excited to lose.

madquadbiker

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Navara NP300, Honda e, Honda TRX700XX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Being able to increase the air pressure in the rear bags will not only level the vehicle but you will feel safer and more comfortable with a heavy load, when I changed from the Toyota Hilux to the Nissan Navara which has rear coil springs instead of leaf springs, I was shocked the first time I had a 1 ton bulk bag of sand in the bed, it felt like the front wheels were about to come off the ground, very unnerving but when I swapped out the coils for air bags I have the best of both worlds, soft and compliant or stiffened up for carrying heavy loads, I’m only talking of going from 45psi where the ride is super smooth to around 100psi fully loaded.

Surfbigisland

First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Contractor
Country flag
Has anyone heard anything new about lumber racks? I've been mulling over design concepts in my head for a couple of years now, but it's hard when you don't have the truck to look at. I was thinking about it today, and it's really weird that no truck manufacturer offers factory lumber racks that I'm aware of. Every lumber rack I've ever seen has been an aftermarket rack.

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Has anyone heard anything new about lumber racks? I've been mulling over design concepts in my head for a couple of years now, but it's hard when you don't have the truck to look at. I was thinking about it today, and it's really weird that no truck manufacturer offers factory lumber racks that I'm aware of. Every lumber rack I've ever seen has been an aftermarket rack.
I would think there are some designs in the works. The versions of the Cybertruck we've seen so far, have three attach point (covers) on each side of the top back and vault edges (depicted in yellow in the psuedo surface drawing below). The tonneau cover roll-up and tailgate release buttons are depicted in green.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck roof rack for work..... to carry long lumber on top or plumbing pipe 1675878881704

We (or at least I) don't know what is under the attachment mount (covers), but it's likely some type of threaded hole or some sort of strong connection bracket for tightly affixing a mount. However from what we've seen, these attach points would interface with mount brackets or some kind of rail adapters to which then flexible mounting locations all along those edges can be designed.

There is about 10 feet of length just with this mounting surface alone, so if a rack frame were to extend over the front section some but not the frunk, you could easily see lengths of 12 to 14 feet for a lumber rack support frame, which means hauling 16 foot lumber or even 20 foot pipe/stocks, or long extension ladders would seem feasible. Again, I'd be surprised if there aren't some people working on such a rack.

- ÆCIII
Sponsored