Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CYBERTRUCK
Country flag
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck spotted in Fremont plant Tesla Cybertruck Fremont Production Line

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck spotted in Fremont plant Tesla Cybertruck Fremont Production Line 2

Via Teslarati

A Tesla Cybertruck prototype was spotted on production lines at the company’s Fremont production pant in Northern California. The Cybertruck is not expected to be produced until late 2021, but Tesla has several prototypes floating around, and it may be adding to the list.

Fremont is the only currently-operating manufacturing facility that Tesla has in the United States as Giga Texas currently is under construction. Interestingly, the Cybertruck is not supposed to be built at the Fremont plant because company plans have indicated that Tesla will make the pickup at the Texas plant next year.

However, a post on the r/TeslaMotors subreddit from user u/rkhan7862 showed the Cybertruck near bare chassis in the Fremont plant. Other cars are visibly being manufactured int eh same vicinity as the Cybertruck, so it is possible that Tesla was building an additional prototype for unknown reasons.

In the photograph, four workers are also admiring the company’s first attempt at a pickup truck as it could have been the very first time they had seen the interestingly-designed Cybertruck.

Tesla unveiled the Cybertruck in November 2019 at an event in Hawthorne, California. Since the event, the truck has been spotted several times in public. Once when CEO Elon Musk took it to a Los Angeles restaurant with friends and another when Musk and former late-night TV show host Jay Leno were filming a bit for MSNBC’s “Jay Leno’s Garage.”

The Cybertruck also appeared at the Petersen Automotive Museum earlier this year after Tesla delivered the truck for a week-long appearance at the historic establishment.

The production of the Cybertruck is scheduled for late next year, and, interestingly, Tesla would take the time to manufacture another prototype if that is what is going on in the picture. The end of Q3 is quickly approaching. Tesla has historically used the final two weeks of a quarter to focus on producing and delivering as many vehicles as possible in preparation for the subsequent Earnings Call.

While it is possible that this could be one of the already existing prototypes of the Cybertruck that Tesla produced in the past, it would be interesting to know why the vehicle is sitting this close to production lines. Typically, production lines at automotive facilities are tight and not very spacious, so to park a prototype, especially of the Cybertruck’s size, this close to other cars that are being built, would not make much sense.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck spotted in Fremont plant Tesla Cybertruck Fremont Production Line
Sponsored

BryanMorera

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Dodge Ram 1500
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
While this is certainly interesting, it doesn't seem like the CT is actually on the production line, but rather right next to it. The red railings and the column block your view such that you can't see whether it has tires or not.

The article says that the picture shows the CT at near bare-chasis, but I see a completed CT. Is there something missing on it that I'm not noticing? Why would the brake lights be on while it is on an assembly line?

OP
OP
Administrator

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CYBERTRUCK
Country flag
While this is certainly interesting, it doesn't seem like the CT is actually on the production line, but rather right next to it. The red railings and the column block your view such that you can't see whether it has tires or not.

The article says that the picture shows the CT at near bare-chasis, but I see a completed CT. Is there something missing on it that I'm not noticing? Why would the brake lights be on while it is on an assembly line?
Yes, agreed on your observations. Thread title changed to reflect that.

BryanMorera

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Dodge Ram 1500
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Yes, agreed on your observations. Thread title changed to reflect that.
Maybe it's a completed CT which is there for crash testing as noted in an article posted back on Sept. 14th? Or is it still too early for that? Would LOVE to see the results of those tests!

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
I don't think it's near the production line, but rather in the large walkway near the break area. Those workers are enjoying a Teslarappacino. Probably there for fun for the workers or something.

Turtle

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber Truck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Tesla Cybertruck Fremont Production Line.jpg

Tesla Cybertruck Fremont Production Line 2.jpg

Via Teslarati

A Tesla Cybertruck prototype was spotted on production lines at the company’s Fremont production pant in Northern California. The Cybertruck is not expected to be produced until late 2021, but Tesla has several prototypes floating around, and it may be adding to the list.

Fremont is the only currently-operating manufacturing facility that Tesla has in the United States as Giga Texas currently is under construction. Interestingly, the Cybertruck is not supposed to be built at the Fremont plant because company plans have indicated that Tesla will make the pickup at the Texas plant next year.

However, a post on the r/TeslaMotors subreddit from user u/rkhan7862 showed the Cybertruck near bare chassis in the Fremont plant. Other cars are visibly being manufactured int eh same vicinity as the Cybertruck, so it is possible that Tesla was building an additional prototype for unknown reasons.

In the photograph, four workers are also admiring the company’s first attempt at a pickup truck as it could have been the very first time they had seen the interestingly-designed Cybertruck.

Tesla unveiled the Cybertruck in November 2019 at an event in Hawthorne, California. Since the event, the truck has been spotted several times in public. Once when CEO Elon Musk took it to a Los Angeles restaurant with friends and another when Musk and former late-night TV show host Jay Leno were filming a bit for MSNBC’s “Jay Leno’s Garage.”

The Cybertruck also appeared at the Petersen Automotive Museum earlier this year after Tesla delivered the truck for a week-long appearance at the historic establishment.

The production of the Cybertruck is scheduled for late next year, and, interestingly, Tesla would take the time to manufacture another prototype if that is what is going on in the picture. The end of Q3 is quickly approaching. Tesla has historically used the final two weeks of a quarter to focus on producing and delivering as many vehicles as possible in preparation for the subsequent Earnings Call.

While it is possible that this could be one of the already existing prototypes of the Cybertruck that Tesla produced in the past, it would be interesting to know why the vehicle is sitting this close to production lines. Typically, production lines at automotive facilities are tight and not very spacious, so to park a prototype, especially of the Cybertruck’s size, this close to other cars that are being built, would not make much sense.

Tesla Cybertruck Fremont Production Line.jpg
I here Tesla has vehicles with it’s new 4680 battery in. Maybe this is a new tri-motor prototype/test vehicle with the new battery in?

m.delmed129

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, LR, DM, FSD. Cybertruck Res.
Country flag
My guess would be it was moving throughout the facility, out of storage, or display, to go to the 2020 Shareholder meeting. This was probably just as it was passing through.

I can imagine even if you’ve seen the truck before, that you’d still pause when it goes by, just because it’s that abstract.

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
Yeah.... they MAY have a few prototypes.. but I'm willing to bet that's the same one we keep seeing at events. Also most likely same one from reveal night.

Bigvbear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2001 Chevy Tracker, 2018 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
IT
Country flag
My guess would be it was moving throughout the facility, out of storage, or display, to go to the 2020 Shareholder meeting. This was probably just as it was passing through.

I can imagine even if you’ve seen the truck before, that you’d still pause when it goes by, just because it’s that abstract.
Maybe, but why store it at the freemont plant? All the other prototyping is done elsewhere.

Hunter Sawyer

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Construction Worker
Country flag

It would probably take me at least a couple months of driving for it to feel
norminal.

Hunter Sawyer

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Construction Worker
Country flag
Yeah.... they MAY have a few prototypes.. but I'm willing to bet that's the same one we keep seeing at events. Also most likely same one from reveal night.
This one looks less shiny. The one on display at both the battery event and the museum were polished.

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
The only truck in the world that can get people to rubberneck like that.