Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Maybe with all the California's moving to Texas, Texas will get a little more purple on social issues. I am sorry there are still places where you don't feel welcomed.

I appreciate what you bring to the forum.
Yeah. Thanks!

I think we all have something to bring! I have friends all across the political and economic spectrum. There's only a few bright lines I won't accept my friends cross. But at the same time, I think it's important we help (and game) with one another. We're all people!

-Crissa
Sponsored

flowerlandfilms

First Name
Eryk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yamaha SRV-250, Honda Odyssey RB1
Occupation
Film Maker
Country flag
Does anybody know what they were doing? They had a computer there next to it. The tape on the ground doesn't make sense. Neither do the covered areas of the vehicle. Then they had all of the boxes on the ground there next to it as well. The impact testing theory doesn't make sense because it doesn't make sense to do that at that location. Somebody mentioned something about tuning cameras which might make sense because the cameras are wide-angle which explains the tape on the ground spread out in that pattern. But then why the coverings which are only on a single side?
It's a head scratcher, but I do think testing/calibrating the new Samsung camera units is the most likely explanation.

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lariat Lightning
Country flag
I wouldn't take Elon's tweets and comments on the matter as gospel one way or the other. He says a lot of things depending on his mood, and I doubt he decides everything about every project all his companies are working on. The designers and engineers work on it and then show it too him at occasional meetings. One day someone might say "I think we need to shrink it" and another say "Shrinking's not working!"

It does seem like the design is going to stay very close to the original. It's a bit shorter to my eyes. About an inch off the front and 3-5" off the back. The original was longer from the peak to the rear, proportionally to the front. This newest build is a bit more even with the peak more centered. But only a bit. I think it looks better. My guess is they felt the extra 5" wasn't worth it and the bed is now around 6'.
I agree. Things have changed from the 2020 tweet from Elon. Size=matters.
If they do ever get around to building the CyberTruck, someday, I suspect it will be like you said. Slightly shorter in the front, and slightly shorter in the back. The engineering is ongoing and I expect some more tweaks here and there. Like the rear tailgate being vertical as opposed to being tipped back. The mid-gate is an awesome idea, but if it adds a $1000 bucks per CT to incorporate, it might end up on the cutting room floor. Now and going forward, cost is important. Some things will have to be changed to allow building it less expensively.

Rozonoe

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla M3 LR75, Cybertruck Dual FSD
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
I think it’s highly likely the price is going to go up significantly because it will be in such high demand. Many of the initial reservation holders will flip them for profit. Tesla will raise the price to reduce demand and take as much profit as the market will support.

There are quite a few markets where the supply constraint is forcing bidding wars for barely 2nd hand vehicles. Sometimes with a 50% markup from list price. Much like Ford dealers are doing with lightning F-150.
Many People that put in a reservation based on the $39,900, $49,900 & $69,900 for the different variant, could expect some increase, however I doubt over $10,000 per variant. If it higher than $10k difference, half of reservation holder will not buy the Cybertruck, to own, maybe to speculate, however the competition will be around to take these reservation holders deposit from Tesla to there brand.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I agree with that, and as an Aussie I hope you are right.

We have a +40% extra exchange rate + 10% goods and services Tax + New car Tax.. (probably around $5000)

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Many People that put in a reservation based on the $39,900, $49,900 & $69,900 for the different variant, could expect some increase, however I doubt over $10,000 per variant. If it higher than $10k difference, half of reservation holder will not buy the Cybertruck, to own, maybe to speculate, however the competition will be around to take these reservation holders deposit from Tesla to there brand.
Lots of fear mongering out there.

Nobody knows know what’s happening with the price/ configurations, but I refuse to worry about it until we know more.

Deleted member 3316

I'm not so sure there will be enough supply, at least in the next 5-8 years. its going to be very difficult for Tesla to raise prices PR wise until they have gotten through a majority of the reservations.

I feel like they are going to have quite a few must have options that increase the price enough to ward of scalpers.

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
I'm not so sure there will be enough supply, at least in the next 5-8 years. its going to be very difficult for Tesla to raise prices PR wise until they have gotten through a majority of the reservations.

I feel like they are going to have quite a few must have options that increase the price enough to ward of scalpers.
Hence the quad motor. A new product. They can charge what the market will bear. This minimizes the scalping problem. The 4ws is another pricing wildcard.

TAP1A

First Name
carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck tri motor, tesla 3 performance
Occupation
Digital Operations Engineer
Country flag
i hate when people say this.... what competition? if tesla is having delays the competition isnt even makin 10k ev's per year. even if tesla raised prices these trucks will still sell and people will choose a cybertruck any day over anything else. especially with the dealer fees. base price 40k once you step in the dealer "adjusted market value" bam 60k. also people willing to spend 70k on the CT would not mind spending an extra 10 to 20.

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
i hate when people say this.... what competition?
The Ford F150 (ICE) which is the 'competition' Elon not so subtly was targeting.

people willing to spend 70k on the CT would not mind spending an extra 10 to 20.
My plan is to get the tri-motor ($70k) with FSD ($7k) and then probably some options if available. Including delivery fee, taxes etc. I'm already expecting this to be between $80k and $90k. I'm not willing to go much further.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
i hate when people say this.... what competition? if tesla is having delays the competition isnt even makin 10k ev's per year. even if tesla raised prices these trucks will still sell and people will choose a cybertruck any day over anything else. especially with the dealer fees. base price 40k once you step in the dealer "adjusted market value" bam 60k. also people willing to spend 70k on the CT would not mind spending an extra 10 to 20.
For a lot of us, the competition is not buying another vehicle.

And… yes, a lot of people would definitely mind paying an extra $10-20k. A lot of people don’t have an extra $200/ month floating around in their pocket for truck payments. Or are unwilling to part with it anyhow.

The tri motor was stretching the limits of my willingness to spend as it is.

Last edited:

jhogan2424

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Moped
That's why I just fly in and out of Austin for business trips. :p

But I once crossed the city limits and got a traffic ticket just because my rental has a NY license plate. I thanked my lucky star that it's not California or it would have been shoot-to-kill encounter.:eek:

Noticed when I got home with all the mis-spellings that Texas has an overheating jobs market. They can't even get someone with elementary education to work as a policeman.;);)
And that’s why I fly around Austin whenever possible.?

Zabhawkin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 Nissan Frontier, 2015 F-150, 1984 Jeep CJ7
Country flag

Except some of us can't. While the delays are making it easier, (I don't have to replace the Nissan just yet) if the cost goes up too much I will wind up getting an ICE powered truck. I would rather get an electric, and in my area the others aren't an option because there is very little in the way of charging infrastructure. Even the Cybertruck I need the 500 mile range to make it work.
Sponsored