Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
first, nice truck (we’re twinsies)

what I was driving at is better seen by this:

C5E9369C-A6F6-47BB-95F1-D6E6B75B5F74.jpeg

again using the Raptor because of same sized tires for scale

the yellow and blue vertical line are the face of the dash (under which leg room extends forward)

the topmost red line is the highest point of the hood, which is also ~the top of the dash (eg the uppermost bounds of the possible interior headroom)

the middle red line is the lowest point of the hood (eg the lower bounds of the possible interior headroom)

the distance between the bottommost red line and topmost red line give some scale regarding the relative depth of the front ends

As for the width, given the CTs large but inset tires, and the given the resulting inset wheel wells, and given the further encroaching encapsulation by the front casting, I’’ll be eager to see the available width within the usable front cargo area

Merely a rough-out for one guesstimate of the encroachment on sides as relates to centerline and hood height

16F0EFC9-9655-4334-B8AA-B4F6671EDE94.jpeg

Again, none of this to argue what the actual interior cargo space will be, but instead only outlining the devil’s advocate elements that I see - counterbalancing promise I see - that leaves me less certain the CT’s frunk is self-evidently materially larger than the Lightning’s
As always , great work. Will be interesting to see once details come out soon.
Sponsored

AlDente

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, Model 3 (2), Model X
Country flag
Roo bar actually. Nobody wants to catch a roo, especially if they jump and land on your windscreen, and leak into the car trhough the window cracks...

But if you hit a bull you normally have a wreck of a car next to it, it will stop you, bull bar, or roo bar, or not. :eek:
But you said "Bull Bar" ? The wife reminded me that it was indeed described as a "Roo Bar". Believe me, I was nervous driving at dusk after seeing so many Kngaroo carcassas littering the East Coast highway's ...

kraal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5
Country flag
So many conclusions when it is not possible to see s****t, other than a side view of an open hood!!!
The 190E has a bigger "waterfall" hood!!
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck spotted with frunk open, revealing waterfall design! 1681489038723

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
What view would you like? What would provide you ample evidence of whatever you’re worried about?
I want to see a dog in the front trunk as it opens the dog jumps into my arms. Until I see this. It doesnt pass the smell test

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
This also guarantees that we will get the top light bar because DOT doesn't allow lights to be on movable panels and the workaround is to have other lights as well. You can see this on a lot of taillights that are integrated into a rear liftgate where there is a second set of rear lights, usually around the bumper, that only come on when the liftgate is open.
The headlights are not moving with the frunk they're fixed in place just below it hence why it is not an issue.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck spotted with frunk open, revealing waterfall design! drl

SONNYDUT

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GX470, 3x Audi A3, Honda Van, Model S, Tri-Motor Cybertruck
Occupation
CAD Designer
Country flag
This is awesome, the winch could be hidden inside the frunk.

S.H.Peterson

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Currently Dodge Truck owner
Occupation
Insurance
Country flag
This is awesome, the winch could be hidden inside the frunk.
Cool Idea... but ... what will it attach to? There must be a REALLY strong attachement point or... disaster! Plus, if your frunk is open while winching you cant see what you are doing .

MEWoodsMFG

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Chrysler Town & Country
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
Roo bar actually. Nobody wants to catch a roo, especially if they jump and land on your windscreen, and leak into the car trhough the window cracks...

But if you hit a bull you normally have a wreck of a car next to it, it will stop you, bull bar, or roo bar, or not. :eek:
Strawberry Roo Bar pie sounds nice.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MYLR, '23 Mavrick Hybrid, '24? Cyberbeast
Occupation
Current Operations for... an organization
Country flag
This also guarantees that we will get the top light bar because DOT doesn't allow lights to be on movable panels and the workaround is to have other lights as well. You can see this on a lot of taillights that are integrated into a rear liftgate where there is a second set of rear lights, usually around the bumper, that only come on when the liftgate is open.

Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, DOT §393.25 actually says:

"Mounting.
Headlamps shall be mounted and aimable in accordance with FMVSS No. 108. Auxiliary driving
lamps and front fog lamps shall be mounted so that the beams are aimable and the mounting shall prevent the aim of the lighting device from being disturbed while the vehicle is operating
on public roads."

This is open for interpretation, of course, but as long as the lights can't be adjusted while the vehicle is in operation, It should be legal. Tesla will have no problem making sure the CT will not drive with the Frunk open.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Would be better if photographer/other people’s work were better cited

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag