Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
No need to heat up the SS to achieve the look. With today’s printers and computer graphics almost anything is possible.

Because all of the CT‘s coming off the assembly line will look identical owners will be having all sorts of crazy wrap designs installed soon after purchase. I predict 25% of owners will be wrapping their vehicles to stand out from the crowd. Who knows, maybe this “color temperature” rainbow graphic will be popular.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck steel body can be superheated to different colors B6D7C531-E4CB-49C8-9F0A-72C38BCCAABC
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Probably super cost prohibitive since you’d have to disassemble the truck. No plastic bits are going to survive that heat. I also don’t believe we’ve received word if there will be any type of protective coating over the steal or if it’ll be raw. Just the trial and error to get it right would be a financial nightmare. I sure wouldn’t volunteer my truck to experiment on.

It’s cool, and I’m sure someone will do it for YouTube clicks, but I don’t see it becoming common. So much easier to just wrap it.
Doesn't super heating change the properties.... ie more brittle.

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
some WD-40 will do it for me
WD-40 will only attract dust and dirt. Listen to the past podcasts of Ryan MacCaffery “Ride The Lightning” to how he cared for his Delorean. DMC-81 on this site has good advise on how he cared for his as well and is nearly exactly the same as MacCaffery. If you are now smitten by Tesla as I have become I highly recommend his podcast.

cyberforce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Space Cowboy
Country flag
Hard pass... Vinyl wrap works just as well and its not permanent or detrimental to the durability of my frame.
Sponsored