Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Why does he think that the base model will not have air suspension? I heard him say that on this episode. Didn't elon say all versions would have it?
I think that he doesn’t believe it can be delivered at that price point.
Sponsored

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
I think that he doesn’t believe it can be delivered at that price point.
Yeah i agree. Seeing how Tesla likes to streamline things it just makes sense it would be standard on all of the versions. Like how the M3P now comes standard with the performance upgrade, where as before it was a free upgrade option.

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
Sandy Munro definitely does not think that, he says it will come with an air ride suspension at 12:40-13:00

At 15:00 he talks about how they are going to be able to afford to do air suspension on all models.

Now, he does think that active dampening will be something only found on the higher trim levels, and he refers to a tweet by Elon musk at 17:53 about active dampening.

So, air ride suspension on all models, even Sandy Munro thinks that, but he thinks that active dampening is probably only going to happen on the higher trim levels.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
I can‘t wait for more technical details to be released. I’m really interested in how they are going to design the rear independent suspension to achieve a 14,000 pound tow rating.

Last edited:

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
Heavy duty independent rear suspension is not a new thing.

For example, the lightest version of this company's independent rear suspension (capable of 14,700 lbs) would be more than enough for the CyberTruck. https://www.meritor.com/products/suspensions/protec-high-mobility-independent-suspensions

This company even has a version with rear steering.
https://www.piercemfg.com/tak-4-irs

Dynatrac even has a setup for independent rear suspension:
https://www.dynatrac.com/axle-assemblies/prorock-ifs-and-irs-axles.html

So, I think there are more complicated engineering feats that Tesla has and will conquer than this issue.

Ryan95738

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Occupation
CNA
Country flag
I’m good with Air suspension. I have it on my Toyota Sequoia now. My SUV rides like a cloud. I call it a cream puff. Unfortunately, the sequoia has a bad rap with air suspensions not lasting. Mine are not functioning correctly. I’ve chewed up my rear tires due to cupping. Replacement costs.... roughly $2k USD without labor.... I trust Tesla to spec awesome air suspension equipment. Let’s get those CT’s rolling off the production line. Can’t wait to buy mine!!!!

off topic, but still relevant... congrats to musk and SpaceX for that impeccable launch! Doing things that’s never been done before. I know he & Tesla are gonna blow everyone’s socks off with the truck!!!
First they need to build the Texas Terafactory and then they can create the assembly line and lastly they can build this beast of a truck.
Sponsored