Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
No, because as was said earlier, this is the comparison that takes it home to the ICE pickup fans.
I don't really think the ice pickup fans care about drag racing. I mean, most ice trucks are mega slow.

Some sure.
Sponsored

GuyV

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, FS Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I don't really think the ice pickup fans care about drag racing. I mean, most ice trucks are mega slow.

Some sure.
Not to hear them tell it.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Cybertruck kicks F150 ass.... what else is new.

NO IT DIDNT.....

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck vs F-150 Raptor R: DRAG RACE 1702296097022

QuanTim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
A different test? Not those guys, that's not their formula. Would I like to see the "old" TopGear take it on their "track" (airport) and see the Stig drop a lap with it? Oh heck yeah! Or watch Clarkson race the other two across France to Monaco with them taking a train? Definitely.
Carwow have done plenty of non-drag races which have garnered millions of views (even with off-roading head to heads which is not so popular here in the UK (island is crowded so it's very expensive)).

Their standard review videos can be quite good too, but sometimes can be a bit cringey. I do hope they do one for the CT though.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
BEVs are quicker than ICE vehicles, but not always faster.
Oh, Grammer games!

But potato - potato

“Quick“ tends at best mean something happening in a relatively short time period (a quick bite to eat, died quickly, etc.). So a BEV is may be “quick” to 60mph, but is not “quick” to 180mph (gearing and whatnot).

But really, they’re basically synonyms, as can be seen by how eg Macmillan Dictionary defines them in terms of one-another, with “quick” ("able to move fast or do something fast") and “fast” ("able to move quickly") in terms of each other.

Not much to choose between them.

CYBRSMTH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fit
Country flag
Oh, Grammer games!

But potato - potato

“Quick“ tends at best mean something happening in a relatively short time period (a quick bite to eat, died quickly, etc.). So a BEV is may be “quick” to 60mph, but is not “quick” to 180mph (gearing and whatnot).

But really, they’re basically synonyms, as can be seen by how eg Macmillan Dictionary defines them in terms of one-another, with “quick” ("able to move fast or do something fast") and “fast” ("able to move quickly") in terms of each other.

Not much to choose between them.
There’s a difference, especially when it comes to vehicles.

https://www.askdifference.com/quick-vs-fast/

The Model S Plaid is both quick (0-60MPH in 1.99s) and fast (top speed of 200MPH in track mode).

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
There’s a difference, especially when it comes to vehicles.

https://www.askdifference.com/quick-vs-fast/

The Model S Plaid is both quick (0-60MPH in 1.99s) and fast (top speed of 200MPH in track mode).

read your provided link

“Quick often refers to a short duration or immediate response, while Fast relates to speed or the rate of movement.”

Which really just goes to show that it’s a distinction without much difference.

I understand that in some circles they make a quick v fast distinction RE cars, along these lines in a Road and Track article - “Don't confuse quick for fast, though, as the two terms mean different things. Quick refers to a vehicle's acceleration, whereas fast refers to its top speed, and they're not mutually exclusive.”

Here they’re talking about a rate - mph.

If this is the sort of Car & Driver-meaning you’re sticking to, that fast only means top speed, so be it.

But the trouble is, if you’re talking cars there are other relevant rates - eg 0-60 times, or 1/4 mile times, as was being displayed by the subject video of the CT:

The Fastest Cars From 0-60 MPH MotorTrend Has Ever Tested (Motortrend)

Fastest accelerating cars in the world 2023 (Auto Express Mag)

FASTEST CARS 0-60 TIMES (zeroto60times.com)

The Pininfarina Battista Is Officially The Fastest Quarter-mile Production Car In The World! (Topspeed.com)

List of fastest production cars by acceleration (Wikipedia)

Etc.

It’s squishy talk. A car with the fastest 0-60 time, is quick. A car with the quickest 0-60 time, is fast.
Sponsored