Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
All Black Model Y LR, Beast w/ FSD Reserved @ 1149
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I did notice that! Haha, There is a busted off turn signal on the steering wheel column too!
Sponsored

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Any idea how the last link of the tonneau gets pushed up to seal against the refrigerator support bracket/overhang when fully closed?
Since there should be some way to put roof racks on the Cybertruck somebody should sell a short roof rack that stops at the roof overhang. Tie down the top of any tall loads to the rack.

Albern

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevrolet Volt, 202X Cybertruck Plaid+ (x2)
Country flag
The money shot:

1649439476291.png

For me, the vault is the important part.

You can see the route the vault cover takes here in the upper left, a nice little curve down to the top of the vault wall.

Also. All this time we were assuming they had a body in the bed, it’s just been a truck cover. A little disappointing.
Great photo but I can't tell if it's a mid-gate or not, nor whether the rear windscreen folds into the mid-gate wall.

I'm glad they kept the t-slots all along both sides. Assuming it's a vent hole on the top forward corner of the left sale, it looks like the tie-down point from the OG CT that was placed closer to the bed floor. Maybe it's meant to serve dual functions for HVAC and a tie-down point.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Since there should be some way to put roof racks on the Cybertruck somebody should sell a short roof rack that stops at the roof overhang. Tie down the top of any tall loads to the rack.
The whole refrigerator comment comes from something I said a while ago about the overhang and being able to secure things by pulling them up against the front wall.

While you can’t do that with the Cybertruck… there are some great alternatives.

https://www.cargoequipmentcorp.com/1-Inch-Ratchet-Strap-with-L-Track-Fittings

The L Tracks in the side allow all sorts of accessories and straps to secure things.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck's folding mid gate and roll-down rear window confirmed! 1649455175203

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
Bug Strike. Even the bugs in Texas are big......

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
You mean where the idea originally came from
Failed prototypes spotted in Austin.

1649461881369.jpeg
Don't you mean the place the original idea came from?

The only 2 minutes you have to yourself for an original thought. Looking at folded Stainless Steel done the rest.

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
This may be how rumors start. One guy calls it a midgate the other a mid-guard. I don't know what a mid-guard is but until I see hinges, panel separation, clasps and lots of rubber molding I will remain skeptical that there is a midgate. Maintaining the hard tonneau that stores in the floor with a folding midgate and comfortable seats is a real challenge. If anyone can do it, Tesla can. Give me a real picture or sketch.

Can anybody with Tweeting skills get one of these guys to elaborate?

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck's folding mid gate and roll-down rear window confirmed! 1649471344753

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
This may be how rumors start. One guy calls it a midgate the other a mid-guard. I don't know what a mid-guard is but until I see hinges, panel separation, clasps and lots of rubber molding I will remain skeptical that there is a midgate. Maintaining the hard tonneau that stores in the floor with a folding midgate and comfortable seats is a real challenge. If anyone can do it, Tesla can. Give me a real picture or sketch.

Can anybody with Tweeting skills get one of these guys to elaborate?

1649471344753.png
Probably Autocorrect issue. It’s Midgard.

https://www.worldhistory.org/Midgard/

The Norse name for the world inhabited by humans. Not to be confused with Asgard, land of the gods, or Jotunheim, land of the giants.

Apparently each Cybertruck will have a small Norse world onboard.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
You mean where the idea originally came from

Don't you mean the place the original idea came from?

The only 2 minutes you have to yourself for an original thought. Looking at folded Stainless Steel done the rest.
Only place I see this kind of toilet is in highway rest stops and they are usually super gross.

I don’t think Elon spends a ton of time in highway rest stops, he flys everywhere.

Macgyverfever

First Name
Regular Don-Won
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP BLUE/WHITE, M3RWD GRAY/BLACK
Occupation
Multifaceted IT Professional
Country flag
Speaking of non truck buyers.. Did anyone else see the women hanging over the railing in front of the stage screaming and crying their eyes out like they were at a Beatles show in 1966? I laughed so hard. Also couldn't stop laughing about the screams and cheers from the crowd over talk of battery cells and manufacturing capacity and optimizations. No one in their right mind could have ever foreseen crowds losing their shit over such mundane talk before!! 😂
Dude you noticed her too lmfao

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
@Ogre
Too late to demystify the legend of moving refrigerators.
Hence forward the overhang is now to be called the Ogre Refrigerator Interface. ORI for short.

Seriously, they could have some hidden low profile hooks underneath the ORI for securing tall loads and some kind of flip up bumper to allow items (like refrigerators) to press items against it.

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Which is more absurd, people going berserk over someone banging on drums and swiping on a guitar, or people going berserk over the smartest man on the planet?

Ok maybe he’s not the smartest man on the planet, but he’s in the running.

In the end… Nerds win.
We he has bred like 7? times. That is high up there on the survival of the fittest list.
Sponsored