Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I think what would be a good move for Tesla is to have self driving tied to the driver rather than the car. If they are setting it up so when you get into another Tesla it sets the car up the way you like it, it would be even more desirable if your self driving also followed.
There are many reasons why I would like for FSD to follow me as a driver. But recently Elon was asked about that (last quarter results call?) and he stated flat out that Tesla would not be implementing that. :(
Sponsored

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
I am not half as interested in Y as I am in CT but I wonder where Tesla's priorities are if there is a choice to be made especially if one line is running and already producing a lot of profit.
Here’s my takeaway on Tesla. Cybertruck is Tesla’s vehicle they really wanted to make - from scratch. Tesla’s priorities were clearly on S3XY with the emphasis on Y being hotter! ?

@Diehard, contrary to moniker, Medicine affords full quality lives well into the mid-nineties and beyond. 70’s are the new 50 y.o.’s today! Ya’all will be driving CT when 2051 rolls around.

Woohoo!

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
I think what would be a good move for Tesla is to have self driving tied to the driver rather than the car. If they are setting it up so when you get into another Tesla it sets the car up the way you like it, it would be even more desirable if your self driving also followed.
No reason Tesla can’t do that setup. Configuring FSD should not be at issue. FSD is about lifting all Tesla’s to level5. Not one driver; one car at a time.
The last thing a manufacturer wants is mapping Roadster driving style onto CT. Vice versa…

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Well, they do have programming added so your profiles follow you from car to car. Presumably that's so your settings are saved and if you start a game or a movie in one car, you can get into another without having to reprogram everything.

But bringing the features you bought with you would be cool, too. Software unlocks following the current 'driver' is not a bad idea. From those people who own two Model 3s or multiple cars to someone visiting someone else with a car.

Like, when I'm with my mom, she has me do all the driving in her car.

-Crissa

Halemarine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.halemarine.com
Vehicles
Model Y, Ford F150, Chevrolet Equinox
Country flag
Will be getting a Model Y for my wife later this year, followed by the Cybertruck for me.
We purchased the Y in September mainly for my wife. She really didn't have any interest in a BEV but I wanted a Tesla over any ICE vehicle. She loves the Y and wouldn't go back gasoline powered car.

gphenix

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
75th Anniversary Jeep Grand Cherokee, MERCEDES AMG SLC43
Country flag
I will only be buying a CT. I'll stick with my Taco if Elon pushes production off too much. I don't want to be 70 when my order number comes up.
What is wrong with 70? I’m there and am still working my full time job.

OP
OP
Diehard

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
A 70 five years from now is not as good as 70 today. You probably grew up on good food. Future 70s are full of junk food and bad habits. They don’t make 70’s like they used to.

TessP100D

Banned
Banned
First Name
Faris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 P100D
Country flag
I certainly agree with you and Luke. But I keep reading these assertions about the C.T. size being so big. I live in an area where trucks and SUV style vehicles are preferred. I've written before that I drive an old 8' bed F250. I read on another string the approximate dimensions of the C.T. are 6'Hx6'Wx19'L. If this holds true, then I know that I will have no problem with driving, parking lot spaces, parallel parking, or parking my C.T. in my garage. I cannot park my F250 in my garage because (it is stock height and tires) the overall height is 6'8" with the (dealer install) spotlight that is mounted to the roof. I admit my truck, with the spotlight and lumber rack are taller than cars and smaller pickups, but my stock two car garage door will almost accommodate it already if it weren't for the driveway angle going into the garage. My 1966 Ford galaxie is 6 feet wide and 19 feet long. My truck is also 6 feet wide and 19 feet long. The C.T. won't be any bigger than a Dodge, Chevy, Ford, or Toyota, it'll just intimidate them with capability.
How will you haul sand, brick, rock and other loose materials without getting everything constantly stuck in the grooves of the bed? This is a serious question that truck owners have.

TessP100D

Banned
Banned
First Name
Faris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 P100D
Country flag
I might have already gone this route if Tesla would let me migrate my FSD from the Model 3 to the Model Y. We need the FSD option for my wife (already ordered for the CT) so without a migration path the Model Y order is DOA.
Hope it works out, but the CT will Not come with FSD. Not by 2023 anyways.

OP
OP
Diehard

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
How will you haul sand, brick, rock and other loose materials without getting everything constantly stuck in the grooves of the bed? This is a serious question that truck owners have.
A blower can probably get most of it out if it is dry. If it turn out to be a problem, I have no doubt there will be a rubber strip to add either by third party or as an option by Tesla if you are OK paying more.

Personaly, I like it slippery. It makes dump runs fast and easy for me.

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
A) The grooves usually come with little rubber stoppers.
B) Screw down a tarp or piece of plywood, using the grooves.
C) Don't worry about it and just sweep it out.

How are you going to keep it from getting caught in the tailgate? The access panels for the air and power? The smuggler cubby?

C'mon, you're a tool using ape, just like me. You can figure it out.

-Crissa

PS, I always use a tarp because so often it seems my dump runs include something an animal has peed upon.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The problem with a subscription model is the opposite: They slow-walk updates, eventually just not doing them at all, because to use what you have, you have to pay them.

-Crissa

NiceGuyMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Occupation
Electro/Mechanical Tech
Country flag
Nothing wrong with being 70. But something about being 70 and still waiting for my CT doesn't sit right with me.
I have less than a year to work. I'm done being a wage slave and will not be badge swapping. Time to enjoy life and spending my days outside of a building. There is a lot that can be said about being financially independent. :)
Sponsored