edc

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Y, Cybertruck
Country flag
So happy we got out truck finally. BEFORE March too haha.

AWD in Irvine! Funny thing the system went down so they couldn't check me out so we had to wait there for like an hour. However, they delivered two other cybertrucks that finished the process during that time.

So crazy how quickly these are coming out.

Will post some Youtube videos on thoughts however this drives better than my Model X and S which makes no sense.

Ride is extremely smooth with the big tires.

QC issues.. barely any that I could tell but will report back.

I wanted to leave my car parked OUTSIDE to see how it reacts to the elements but so many people neighbors/strangers keep taking photos lol

I pledge NOT to create reaction videos.. just informative content to help future CT owners who've never driven a Tesla or Tesla owners who are debating whether to get one.

12/11- configure
2/16- Vin
2/26- Tesla called delivery day schedule
2/26- Powershare local installer email- $4,200 to install (tesla supplies gateway and new gen 3 charger)
2/29- Delivery

Received zero special treatment as others got the VIN around the same time as well who configured. You know you get special treatment when a creator lives in CA but is able to pick their truck up from the Austin Gigafactory.

Tesla Cybertruck DELIVERED 2/29 Production Ramp up IMG_5245
Sponsored

countryboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3 | Cybertruck FS AWD
Country flag
Congrats on your leap truck! Looks unreal in that photo. Fire truck is a nice touch I'm sure you planned. So are you going to celebrate birthdays on the 28th or 1st? ;)

OP
OP
edc

edc

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Congrats on your leap truck! Looks unreal in that photo. Fire truck is a nice touch I'm sure you planned. So are you going to celebrate birthdays on the 28th or 1st? ;)
lol ty!! Friend just turned 9 so we'll see

Noblelr3

First Name
Noble
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S & X
Occupation
Battalion Chief
Country flag
Congratulations. I’ll be picking up in Irvine as well. Certainly glad no obvious issues. Not seeing a ramp in your situation as it’s taken 75ish days from order to pick up. Glad they got the issue fixed and you were able to get your CT.

Reactions: edc

OP
OP
edc

edc

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
First hour reservation back in 2019?
correct although based on previous orders that doesn't matter as much but more so the order configure date

OP
OP
edc

edc

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Congratulations. I’ll be picking up in Irvine as well. Certainly glad no obvious issues. Not seeing a ramp in your situation as it’s taken 75ish days from order to pick up. Glad they got the issue fixed and you were able to get your CT.
Ah. HOpefuly soon. Tons of Vins going out. They said they are doing at least 10 deliveries a day. Irvine does a great job with QC as well so we don't have to worry as much

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
We should see a significant increase in production soon according to an official Tesla statement. Armada coming soon!

Noblelr3

First Name
Noble
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S & X
Occupation
Battalion Chief
Country flag
Ah. HOpefuly soon. Tons of Vins going out. They said they are doing at least 10 deliveries a day. Irvine does a great job with QC as well so we don't have to worry as much
You’re absolutely right about Irvine. They were one of only 3 delivery centers in California initially so I’m sure they have it down. 10 a day I hope that’s not just employee talk. If I get my VIN this week it will mean a ramp. If I get it middle to end of next week it means all the same and after next week then may be longer delays, but I’m very hopeful.
Did you happen to see if they had any inside the rear service area? 10 a day would mean they have at least 25-30 on hand and get 5 or more a day.

Beer_and_salami

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S, 3, X
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
FYI, you can leave it OUTSIDE with no problem. We live in SoCal. Not many elements to deal with here. What are you expecting to happen to it?

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
So happy we got out truck finally. BEFORE March too haha.

AWD in Irvine! Funny thing the system went down so they couldn't check me out so we had to wait there for like an hour. However, they delivered two other cybertrucks that finished the process during that time.

So crazy how quickly these are coming out.

Will post some Youtube videos on thoughts however this drives better than my Model X and S which makes no sense.

Ride is extremely smooth with the big tires.

QC issues.. barely any that I could tell but will report back.

I wanted to leave my car parked OUTSIDE to see how it reacts to the elements but so many people neighbors/strangers keep taking photos lol

I pledge NOT to create reaction videos.. just informative content to help future CT owners who've never driven a Tesla or Tesla owners who are debating whether to get one.

12/11- configure
2/16- Vin
2/26- Tesla called delivery day schedule
2/26- Powershare local installer email- $4,200 to install (tesla supplies gateway and new gen 3 charger)
2/29- Delivery

Received zero special treatment as others got the VIN around the same time as well who configured. You know you get special treatment when a creator lives in CA but is able to pick their truck up from the Austin Gigafactory.

IMG_5245.jpg
Congrats on truck, if you are able to leave it outside would be very curious on the following.
1. What it looks like after a couple weeks of being left outside and left alone, not BKF and buffed every 8 hours.
2. What the sentry mode battery draw is per 24hours or so.

Thanks!

CTFS2024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Country flag
Congratulations on your CT. I am glad to see many So Cal receiving their CTs, may be we can create a group so we can share info.
I received VIN on Sunday 3/3. I pick up in Irvine too.
Couple of questions:
1. When you receive VIN, does anyone text or call? My VIN came through the Tesla app, got no call/text/email from Tesla yet.
2. Try to get insurance but "VIN does not exist yet" -- did you have the same issues?
3. Are you planning to wrap or PPF? Tint?
Any info would help.

Last edited:

cgladue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model S 75D, 2018 Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
Congratulations on your CT. I am glad to see many So Cal receiving their CTs, may be we can create a group so we can share info.
I received VIN on Sunday 3/2. I pick up in Irvine too.
Couple of questions:
1. When you receive VIN, does anyone text or call? My VIN came through the Tesla app, got no call/text/email from Tesla yet.
2. Try to get insurance but "VIN does not exist yet" -- did you have the same issues?
3. Are you planning to wrap or PPF? Tint?
Any info would help.
any idea of a pickup date yet ?

Jmerwin

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
Congrats! Did you finance through Tesla? Curious on the rates and length of loans they are offering.