Destination fee

Would you pick you Cybertruck up at the factory if you could?

• Total voters

kbolt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Can they allow pickup at the factory in Texas? That was my original hope, but is that considered a direct sale?

Bluechip506

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Mazda CX9, Mazda Miata
Country flag
If it's an option I will do it. You still have to pay the destination fee though. Ask all those who picked their cars up from Fremont.

punkt

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Country flag
I really hope Tesla will give the option to pick up the truck at the factory which will save the customer time in waiting for it to be delivered, and if they waive the destination fee it saves money for the cost to ship it. Wouldn’t that be a win/win? Who else would go pick theirs up? I believe Elon said he would consider it. Maybe we need a petition.
Throw in a Factory tour! I'm in!

PilotPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche, BMW, M3LR on order
Occupation
Chief Pilot
Country flag
I'm going to qualify my answer (yes). Depends on when it is. October through May? I'm there! July through September? I'll take it at the local service center. Driving from TX through NM, AZ and eastern SoCal in the summer is not fun!

Gojuryu

First Name
Johnpual
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gojuryu.net
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I really hope Tesla will give the option to pick up the truck at the factory which will save the customer time in waiting for it to be delivered, and if they waive the destination fee it saves money for the cost to ship it. Wouldn’t that be a win/win? Who else would go pick theirs up? I believe Elon said he would consider it. Maybe we need a petition.
I Think this is actual a great idea. I'm in Texas approximately 2x per year and could move my schedule around just for the opportunity.

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
It doesn’t. It depends where you register your vehicle. Where you get it from doesn’t matter. I was an automotive finance manager for years.
Good to know. Then ya id grab it there

larhode

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Where in NC do you live? I’m in Raleigh and I’m 12K in line.
I’m north of Asheville, up in the mountains. Not sure what my number is, but I ordered within a few minutes when it was first available. We can pick up our trucks and convoy home!

larhode

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Not that hard. Porsche and BMW both have that option. You fly over, they give you a tour, you pick up your car. It gets registered in Germany! You then are required to put a certain number of miles on it (200-250 If I remember) So you go on a vacation and put the miles on it. You take it back to the factory, they service it and give it an oil change, you give them any issues you want addressed while it's there, and they put it on a boat for you. You wait a long time, and then it hits the port. From there it is trucked to a dealership, or in some cases they can drop at your house. Poof, you have your car, the dealer registers it for you as a used import, and you get to hang your german plates in the garage or your office as a memento.
I once bought a BMW and picked it up at the BMW factory in South Carolina. It was no problem registering in my home state and only paid sales tax in my home state too.
Sponsored