Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
The display / control system is supposed to be customized for trucks. Does anyone know what this means? I am assuming that it has controls for the air suspension and possibly for trailering (such as hitch hookup and viewing). Without wide mirrors there would need to be different side view cameras. I am assuming it would also have controls for the bed cover and, possibly, outlets, pump, and storage covers? Anyway, it is a general query. People who were at the reveal might know more.
Sponsored

Saskateam

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Jeep YJ, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Operating Manager Power Lineman
Country flag
I am hoping for an off road screen with pitch and yaw measured, plus outside cameras all turned on so you see your clearance. A tow screen that lets you set your trailer brakes and apply them as needed. Maybe be able to see what the weight on the hitch is when loaded. Also be able to see a camera feed from the back of the trailer so you see what is behind you better. A space rover video game that lets you cruise on the moon and Mars.

UpToNoGood

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tacoma 4x4, 2015 Super Tenere
Occupation
Cyber stuff
Country flag
I would hope for Crawl Control like my Tacoma has. Very good feature for off-roading.

Deleted member 3316

I’m hoping that the integration between the centre console and app is good. Off road the app could have quite a few good uses.

1. Winch control
  2. RC style summon
  3. Voice over wifi
  4. Vision over wifi
  5. Suspension control
Winch control and RC summon; imagine the possibilities of solo self rescue with these well integrated in the app. A Tesla should be able to use the same torque vectoring software to switch power between drive wheels and winch. When in the drivers seat, being able to control the winch with the accelerator pedal instead of a separate control for drive wheels and winch will be exponent level improvement. Then being outside the vehicle to accurately direct wheel path needing only to juggle winch speed/drive speed with steering angle from the app, yet another exponent of improvement.

Having the option of voice over wifi would clear the airways for the UHF/VHF.

Vision over wifi? https://www.cybertruckownersclub.com/forum/threads/moveable-wifi-camera.994/

This could be a dedicated device or a GoPro or even a smartphone.

Not sure where this could be useful but being able to lift and lower wheels independently could be useful in some way, might negate the need for a high lift jack.

Thoughts?

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
If I was off-roading and blow a tire (or rip the sidewall) and the truck is at such an angle that weight is on that corner, being able to 'lift' the wheel with the air suspension will not let me change it, I am going to want a jack still.

Now on level surfaces, much more likely not going to need a jack.

Also, off-road tires and wheels are usually very heavy, especially above 32".

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
If I was off-roading and blow a tire (or rip the sidewall) and the truck is at such an angle that weight is on that corner, being able to 'lift' the wheel with the air suspension will not let me change it, I am going to want a jack still.

you could raise the suspension, put blocks under the frame near the bum tire and then lower the suspension till that wheel is just barely clear of the surface and simply roll it away.

hridge2020

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
Aircraft Fixed/Rotary - Rocket/Missile/Spacecraft/Air Defense Scientist
Country flag
you could raise the suspension, put blocks under the frame near the bum tire and then lower the suspension till that wheel is just barely clear of the surface and simply roll it away.

I would think you would like to use these too?

Tesla Cybertruck Display / control system for truck specific features lift pads

Deleted member 3316

Yes, bottle jack should be fine for that purpose, but the usual use could be avoided.
Each corner can be a jack in it own right. Rocks and logs as props.

hi lift jacks can make a handy manual winch tho I guess.

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I have seen people use hi-lifts it to break bead and help get tires off rims, especially those with re-enforced beads as well as short winch, or even as a lift to move or push something heavy (rock, truck, etc).

I am hoping that a truck designed for off-roading will not need those jack-pucks.

As Tesla has offered more wheel options, think they will offer bead-locker wheels?

Deleted member 3316

I think the after market would look after the bead lock wheels.

I could imagine if people want hi -ift jack points they would be easily cut straight into the exoskeleton and reinforce as necessary.

I do like the idea of hi-lift jack points being designed for and installed at the factory. I could see the engineering team integrate rated recovery points with high lift jack points.

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
If they are going to run in the Baja, then they will soon realize you have to be able to jack from a bunch of different spots, as needed.
Sponsored