Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
Agreed, and sorry for venting my frustration. Those wounds are still healing. It was a hassle having a brand new car spend 2 months in the shop out of the 1st 8 months of ownership.

I do like the way the lightning looks, much better than a Rivian anyway :)

I just noticed your occupation. What kinda arms dealer are you?

Tesla Cybertruck Does Ford Have an EV demand issue? 1695847310371
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
What was the median wage when the loaf of bread was 5¢? And what does going without a cell phone bill do to you?

C'mon, get this political propaganda off the thread.

-Crissa

PS, when bread was 5¢, a median wage was 40¢ an hour, or eight loaves of bread. Eight loaves of bread an hour - choosing the cheapest - would be about $16 an hour today.

Ford and GM are going bankrupt with or without the unions. They are incapable of manufacturing efficiently. Yes, the unions could speed it up a bit, and then the government will feel like they have more responsibility to bail them out. That's probably the plan. Controlled destruction.
Ford and GM have reported 9% gains in profit the last two years, and 20% over their losses in the year after the pandemic. They're 40% more profitable than the first year of profitability after the Unions made their deal to accept lower wages after the Great Recession.

They might not know how to be efficient with EVs yet, but gosh they are with everything else.

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Yes, priorities. You can't live in modern society without a cell phone.

Nowadays there are almost no public phone booths.

How many job places would even give you a job if you had no phone?

You talk about price of phone service plan today and you state $.05 price of a loaf of bread 100 years ago but not how much a loaf of bread is today ( $2+ ).

Prices went up a lot even before cell phones became common( year 2005).

What are wages 100 years ago compared with today?

What is price of medicine that did not even exist 100 years ago but keep people alive today or give significantly better quality of life.

Again your prices are garbage. Basic cell phone bill for a family of 4 is not $250.

----------------------------

Comparison Of Prices Over 90 Years
https://www.thepeoplehistory.com/70yearsofpricechange.html

Average Cost Loaf of Bread
1930 $0.09
1940 $0.10
1950 $0.12
1980 $0.50
2000 $1.26
2021 $2.12

Average Cost 1lb Hamburger Meat
1930 $0.12
1940 $0.20
1950 $0.30
1980 $1.19
2000 $2.46
2021 $4.03

Best family cell phone plan in 2023
By Philip Michaels last updated August 15, 2023
https://www.tomsguide.com/best-picks/best-family-cell-phone-plan

major wireless carriers — in fact, four lines for $120 per month seems to be the sweet spot for plans these days.

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Again your prices are garbage. Basic cell phone bill for a family of 4 is not $250.
Right? I pay that for four lines with unlimited data on the newest phones, plus hotspots - one is an unlimited hotspot. Oh, and out of country service and insurance on the better phones.

-Crissa

GlockandRoll

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche on the weekends, diesel truck mon-fri
Occupation
Arms dealer and musician
Country flag
We pay about $240 for a family of 4 to have smartphones with a major carrier.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You could choose alot less data, coverage, etc.

Either way, not having a phone and internet in this day and age is like not knowing how to read was just fifty years ago.

-Crissa

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Just to be clear, they dropped the prices of CCS vehicles to combat the Osbourne effect of producing NACS vehicles next year, right?
I don’t think so, no

they aren’t going to produce a NACS vehicle until probably 2025 at earliest

2024 (likely Q1), is when they’ll have adaptors and software integration for existing CCS vehicles

my 2022 CCS Lightning should be using superchargers just fine in just a few months, long before the T3 etc are being delivered with NACS built in

Then why are they “dropping prices”? Well, for one thing the “dropped” prices are still higher than the prices only a year ago. People bitched and armchair conspiracied when after release they raised prices drastically and, now more the same as they lower prices.

hell if I know why. I’m only dubious of anyone who thinks they know

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
Competition is a beautiful thing. Hopefully Ford, GM and Stellantis will survive the strikes and learn to compete better helping push CT prices down in return.
In a true free market things find their real value. I personally think they have shown incredible flexibility to shift to EVs and where their profit margins are they probably are pricing them where they need to to survive. Obviously many manufacturers are losing a lot of money changing to EVs. Tesla has a huge head start and has taken the freedom to reinvent the wheel. Which is great as every industry grows when the status quo is shaken. The shame in this country is that we have let inflation go unchecked and not done everything we can to enhance our manufacturing and building capabilities so workers do need to make more money just to survive. I hope they do survive the strike, but the result is more expensive vehicles for sure so I don't see how that will help the CT pricing.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
In a true free market things find their real value. I personally think they have shown incredible flexibility to shift to EVs and where their profit margins are they probably are pricing them where they need to to survive. Obviously many manufacturers are losing a lot of money changing to EVs. Tesla has a huge head start and has taken the freedom to reinvent the wheel. Which is great as every industry grows when the status quo is shaken. The shame in this country is that we have let inflation go unchecked and not done everything we can to enhance our manufacturing and building capabilities so workers do need to make more money just to survive. I hope they do survive the strike, but the result is more expensive vehicles for sure so I don't see how that will help the CT pricing.
If car prices keep going up and incomes don't keep up (many live off of their pension), that may push people to public transportation and more sustainable living. That may in fact improve quality of life, reduce energy consumption, traffic congestion and pollution. I definitely enjoyed my time more not driving in Europe. Sometimes it is hard to imagine all the side effects of a change before it happens.

$41K to fix a small dent will definitely push me toward commuting with a bicycle.

Last edited:

GlockandRoll

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Arms dealer and musician
Country flag
I don’t think so, no

they aren’t going to produce a NACS vehicle until probably 2025 at earliest

2024 (likely Q1), is when they’ll have adaptors and software integration for existing CCS vehicles

my 2022 CCS Lightning should be using superchargers just fine in just a few months, long before the T3 etc are being delivered with NACS built in

Then why are they “dropping prices”? Well, for one thing the “dropped” prices are still higher than the prices only a year ago. People bitched and armchair conspiracied when after release they raised prices drastically and, now more the same as they lower prices.

hell if I know why. I’m only dubious of anyone who thinks they know
Ford is dropping their pants BIG time, the dealers have really screwed them over and one of my best friends just leased a new lightning from a dealer here in town for a fraction of what they wanted earlier this year.

Instead of $10K over sticker, they are knocking thousands off MSRP>

As for NACS, I dont see how Ford can wait that long to change a few affordable parts tbh.
It's not like they have to design a new battery or anything.

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lariat Lightning
Country flag
I received this email from Ford suggesting that they have dropped the prices on all Lightning trims.

To be honest, with all the options available it is hard to figure out what the final price will be and when it will be delivered.

As I am a second day reservation holder, I think I will wait a bit longer to see what the CT costs.

1695218900069.png

1695218923643.png
I bought a Lightning, while waiting for my November 2019 reservation for a CyberTruck to come thru. The Lightning is a great truck. If, and I assume it will be, the Cybertruck is better than the Lightning, the CT will be a great ownership experience.

Hope it rides as quiet and smooth as the Lightning.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
As for NACS, I dont see how Ford can wait that long to change a few affordable parts tbh.
im just going by the press releases (May 25, 2023)

• Starting early next year, Ford EV customers will have access to more than 12,000 Tesla Superchargers across the U.S. and Canada…
  • Mustang Mach-E, F-150 Lightning and E-Transit customers will be able to access the Superchargers via an adapter and software integration along with activation and payment via FordPass or Ford Pro Intelligence
  • In 2025, Ford will offer next-generation electric vehicles with the North American Charging Standard (NACS) connector built-in, eliminating the need for an adapter to access Tesla Superchargers

GlockandRoll

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Arms dealer and musician
Country flag
im just going by the press releases (May 25, 2023)

• Starting early next year, Ford EV customers will have access to more than 12,000 Tesla Superchargers across the U.S. and Canada…
  • Mustang Mach-E, F-150 Lightning and E-Transit customers will be able to access the Superchargers via an adapter and software integration along with activation and payment via FordPass or Ford Pro Intelligence
  • In 2025, Ford will offer next-generation electric vehicles with the North American Charging Standard (NACS) connector built-in, eliminating the need for an adapter to access Tesla Superchargers
You might be right, but when I assume that most "jourlalists" have shit for brians and are wrong more often than not, it works out pretty well for me.

I read this as Ford is launching next gen EV's in 25, you read it as they are waiting until then to inorporate NACS... which goes back to my comment that a plug is easy to swap, software and battery tech isn't.

Man you must be fun at parties lol.
Do you fight with your wife alot?

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
You might be right, but when I assume that most "jourlalists" have shit for brians and are wrong more often than not
I said “press releases.” I linked Ford’s corporate press release

I read this as Ford is launching next gen EV's in 25, you read it as they are waiting until then to inorporate NACS...
the copy of the linked press release is clear, as are the summary bullets

Man you must be fun at parties lol.
Do you fight with your wife alot?
Saying “I’m just going by the press releases” made you feel we were in some fight, and you needed to get personal?

seems to me the only thing you’ve been arguing with is Ford’s press release

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It's not like they have to design a new battery or anything.
They have to order new parts, new factory molds, test the new parts, new software, etc. This takes time.

It's not just some plastic, either. The software needs to communicate on several levels.

-Crissa
Sponsored