Really sad news, got a VIN, paid in full 2 weeks ago, truck in route. Today you no longer have a VIN or a truck!!!!

RentCybertruckUSA

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck FS AWD
Country flag
Talked with 3 advisors through the process all said it was in route and should have gotten to Salem OR last Sunday. Today's advisor said they pulled my VIN and now I back to square one. Paid in full, no VIN, cancelled a vacation flight to pick up my truck this week.
This is my 5 Tesla and i am a long time share holder which I did not play that card.
Needless to say i am extremely heat broken by this event. And if I cancel my order they will refund me 100k plus in 6-8 weeks.
Talk about taking a dump on a long time customer.
Tesla Cybertruck Really sad news, got a VIN, paid in full 2 weeks ago, truck in route. Today you no longer have a VIN or a truck!!!! 84years
Sponsored

Noblelr3

First Name
Noble
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S & X
Occupation
Battalion Chief
Country flag
Sorry to hear about this, but for sure do not pay until the truck is ready and you can touch it. The app is tricky. You do not have to pay to prevent a delay.

OP
OP
jditom

jditom

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 MYP 2023 LRMY CT second VIN in route
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thank you but everyone does not have to keep telling me to not pay a head of time. Once is enough!
If you have any meaningful information that would be great.

CyberTruckeeTheOne

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
Occupation
Retired Operating Plans & Forecasting Manager
Country flag
This is a major fuck up of all thr major fuck up.

To add insult to endury, it will take 6-8 weeks ro refund you and you are probably hemorrhaging on yoiur Tesla stocks. :eek:

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Real Estate Broker Associate
Country flag
Talked with 3 advisors through the process all said it was in route and should have gotten to Salem OR last Sunday. Today's advisor said they pulled my VIN and now I back to square one. Paid in full, no VIN, cancelled a vacation flight to pick up my truck this week.
This is my 5 Tesla and i am a long time share holder which I did not play that card.
Needless to say i am extremely heat broken by this event. And if I cancel my order they will refund me 100k plus in 6-8 weeks.
Talk about taking a dump on a long time customer.
That sucks! Well a number of us have taken delivery of our CyberTrucks. We enjoyed them for a few days and then they died. Our vehicles have been in a service queue for weeks now with no communication from Tesla… we have no idea when we might actually get them back.

CarMan ElecTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LeftFoot RightFoot
Country flag
The pain is real. I hope there is a quick fix, but I doubt posting it here is that fix..

Seems as tho others are in a similar boat, but with life vests.

cgladue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model S 75D, 2018 Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
Huh? OP just said his car disappeared and Tesla can’t give him an explanation. How is this better or worse than a dealer?

I mean, if at least he got a straight answer from Tesla, I’d see your point. But otherwise it’s stuff like this that makes us all look like cult members.
hold up, this isnt a cult ?

CTinCT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD Configured February 2024
Country flag
Sorry, but why would you pay 2 weeks in advance? I am not finalizing payment until I physically inspect my truck at delivery.

CTinCT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD Configured February 2024
Country flag
Probably this is what happened. Got to pull those "accelerated shareholder invite" trucks from somewhere.

Darth abbott

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I have purchased many Teslas over the years. NEVER pay for the car until you are there and have inspected it. Then turn over the cashiers check or pay using the app which deducts from your account immediately. The app tries to trick people to pay them early "to avoid delays in delivery" which is super unethical in my opinion. No customer should ever pay before inspecting the product.
And don't finance until you have a VIN, people have had their credit approve expire three times from December and they keep letting them pull your credit. You don't have to do this until right before delivery!
Sponsored