Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
If the Cybertruck comes with the auto doors, I'll probably disable it due to the amount of times I'm walking towards my truck at the worksite. If you have to be super close than maybe but I don't want the door to open every time I need to grab something in the back.
I don’t think they work that way. On our model 3 we have to pull the handle and then the window goes down a bit and the door pops open a bit. On the Model X you have to touch the door handle. Owners of Modrl Xs could correct me. But I am sure you would be able to disable the feature.
Sponsored

Hunter Sawyer

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Construction Worker
Country flag
I don’t think they work that way. On our model 3 we have to pull the handle and then the window goes down a bit and the door pops open a bit. On the Model X you have to touch the door handle. Owners of Modrl Xs could correct me. But I am sure you would be able to disable the feature.
If you walk up to the Model X, the door will open. It's only on the driver side. It closes when you press the brakes. It's only on the X.

Sasmania

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
PY holding me over till TRI CT
Occupation
FlagstaffRentalCabin.com & TeslaRenter.com
Country flag
As a former S, X & 3 owner, I'll say the S handles are the best...but they REALLY need to be beefed up on a CyberTruck so they can take the beating of a work truck.

The S design has improved over time, but some of the internal parts are still somewhat inferior to truly last a lifetime without issue. Hopefully they make them with SpaceX grade components to match the awesome exterior!

OP
OP
Jhodgesatmb

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
If you walk up to the Model X, the door will open. It's only on the driver side. It closes when you press the brakes. It's only on the X.
Can it be disabled or is it just the way it is? I took a test drive in anX last year and I just don’t recall it doing that.

ReynSupreme

First Name
Rey
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ReytheRealtor.com
Vehicles
2020 Model Y, Solar Panels, Powerwall, Cybertruck
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
If the Cybertruck comes with the auto doors, I'll probably disable it due to the amount of times I'm walking towards my truck at the worksite. If you have to be super close than maybe but I don't want the door to open every time I need to grab something in the back.
good point!

nomadmusk

First Name
Droxx
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Civic to Cybertruck
Occupation
2nd infantry of Tesla's Quality Division
Country flag
I'm actually hoping they do something completely unique for the "cyber" series of cars if not model 3/y. I posted on r/CT that the doors for the JL version has s/x. My problem with those handles, as nice as they are, is that there have been multiple versions for the internals, but they still remain a high failure rate based on rich rebuilds comments. It's not much of a doomsday vehicle if the doors can't open.

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dual Cybertruck, 2013 P85 S
Occupation
Realtor
Country flag
I turned off the auto open on my S and easily double click the remote without removing it from pocket. Hangs from a belt clip and 3 or 4" lanyard. Do that.

Bigfoot DeLorean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
Country flag
If you have dirt all over your hands and don’t want to get the door handle dirty...what’s gonna happen when you get into the vehicle and grab the steering wheel?

Different when full-auto driving is a reality though. All muddy? Just jump in the vault and say “hey Siri - drive me home”.

Maybe as a stopgap, a deployable exterior faucet to wash up before touching or entering the vehicle? ?

OP
OP
Jhodgesatmb

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I turned off the auto open on my S and easily double click the remote without removing it from pocket. Hangs from a belt clip and 3 or 4" lanyard. Do that.
What do you mean? Zombies cannot get in and you have biodefense clean air inside :)
Sponsored