Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
Be interesting to see if this one sells on carsandbids, the last one did not at 155

BayouCityBob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3
Country flag
Random rant: What is it with these reviewers and this BS label "lifestyle truck"? Edmunds doing the same. What exactly is a "lifestyle" pickup according to the truck-use legitimacy police like Doug Demuro and Edmunds? Is it just "lifestyle" pickup use if you need it to carry stuff smaller than plywood sheets or less than 5x a week or what, exactly? (I carry a bunch of mechanical parts for a business I own. I guess not "real" work?) And as an aside, isn't an F250 dually a "lifestyle" truck if you are mainly towing an RV cross-country and an R1T a "work truck" if you are dragging your landscaping trailer 100 miles a day around town?

The nonsense with reviewers passing judgement on what is a "lifestyle" versus a "work" truck is moronic. CT and R1T and so forth are no more or less lifestyle trucks than any other. And, no, most of us do not buy these to "look cool" as Doug asserts. We buy them to get the swiss army knife practicality Franz describes when we need it, for the stuff that is important to us. I fill the bed with boxes in my R1T when I am volunteering a few times a month for a non-profit. That counts as legit truck stuff to me. Rant over.

Wolfgram

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Occupation
CTO
Country flag
Random rant: What is it with these reviewers and this BS label "lifestyle truck"? Edmunds doing the same. What exactly is a "lifestyle" pickup according to the truck-use legitimacy police like Doug Demuro and Edmunds? Is it just "lifestyle" pickup use if you need it to carry stuff smaller than plywood sheets or less than 5x a week or what, exactly? (I carry a bunch of mechanical parts for a business I own. I guess not "real" work?) And as an aside, isn't an F250 dually a "lifestyle" truck if you are mainly towing an RV cross-country and an R1T a "work truck" if you are dragging your landscaping trailer 100 miles a day around town?

The nonsense with reviewers passing judgement on what is a "lifestyle" versus a "work" truck is moronic. CT and R1T and so forth are no more or less lifestyle trucks than any other. And, no, most of us do not buy these to "look cool" as Doug asserts. We buy them to get the swiss army knife practicality Franz describes when we need it, for the stuff that is important to us. I fill the bed with boxes in my R1T when I am volunteering a few times a month for a non-profit. That counts as legit truck stuff to me. Rant over.
I hear ya… but by their definition of a lifestyle truck, about 80% of all pickups I see on the road would be one! 🤷🏻‍♂️

Kahpernicus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Country flag

Life style vehicles aren't a new phrase.

It refers to how you exactly described it.

We buy them to get the swiss army knife practicality Franz describes when we need it, for the stuff that is important to us. I fill the bed with boxes in my R1T when I am volunteering a few times a month for a non-profit. That counts as legit truck stuff to me. Rant over.
It's referring to the categorization of vehicle that now contain alot of amenities that base level fleet (in this case)trucks don't have.

Lifestyle Van's are decked out sprinters vs an cabinet maker's sprinter.

Lifestyle cars are well....sedans. Cause they don't really have any other use.

CTInProcess

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag

Simple, all are lifestyle trucks except the bare bones truck.

Cyber Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne, Awaiting Cyberbeast
Country flag

I hear you! CT has created an entire new segment of users as it represents the best of many worlds, and as you said it’s the ultimate Swiss Army knife. These reviewers don’t have a good name for it. They just end up giving an abstract name that can be overloaded with whatever viewers want to imagine. I’m betting on Cybertruck’s potential. It’ll be the best Sports Truck for most urban and rural truck owners. I hope time will prove me right.

j4ypal

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 and CT reservation
Country flag

My thoughts exactly. Some people are stuck on the CTs looks and cannot get over it. They need to put the CT in that lifestyle category as an easy "out" in their mind. As some others have said, there are a lot of lifestyle trucks on the road if you get down to how people use them (eg. not 100% company work stuff).

Lots of people drive silverados and F-150s around as a family vehicle. Are they labeled as lifestyle truck owners. Don't think so...

Also, WHY would some companies not get a CT for 100% work stuff? Absolutely no reason it can't be a work truck for some use cases.

That lifestyle truck argument doesn't hold up at all to scrutiny.