OP
Mini2nut

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
I have owned around 25 vehicles in my lifetime, around 20 of those being pickups. The highest torque vehicle that I have ever owned was a Dodge 2500 Cummins diesel. It was rated at 235 HP and 460 pound feet of torque.

I am really looking forward to the Dual Motor‘s estimated 690-hp and 824 lb-ft of torque all electric, whisper quiet performance. Tesla’s marketing summed it up best. BETTER UTILITY THAN A TRUCK WITH MORE PERFORMANCE THAN A SPORTS CAR.
Sponsored

Cebliminal

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R/T Durango, Harley Davidsons, Toyota Tundra 4x4 put deposit down for Cybertruck
Occupation
Executive Chef/Food & Beverage Director
Country flag
A hillbilly farmer name Hollis
Used possums and snakes for his solace
The children had scales
And prehensile tails
And voted for governor Wallace
No governor that caps the speed On gas or diesel motors A lot of military vehicles have them

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
Wallace was not known for regulation of Alabama’s speed limits but rather for his resistance to federal intervention in the state’s schools with respect to integrating them. Anyway, I don't think the governor of a state can do that. The FHA or DOT or someone like that would have the authority. The commanding officer of a military base can, of course, set whatever speed limit he thinks appropriate.

Last edited:

LeoIsRad

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Pipefitter
Country flag
i live in Houston, Texas and there is no shortage of jacked up pickup trucks hauling ass down the freeway here. They cut in, and weave in and out, to get ahead. ride up on your tail. it can get pretty annoying.
Doesn't happen so much on surface streets fortunately.
Same here from Tx, I cant wait to put them in there place with my tri motor!!!!! =]

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
I have owned around 25 vehicles in my lifetime, around 20 of those being pickups. The highest torque vehicle that I have ever owned was a Dodge 2500 Cummins diesel. It was rated at 235 HP and 460 pound feet of torque.

I am really looking forward to the Dual Motor‘s estimated 690-hp and 824 lb-ft of torque all electric, whisper quiet performance. Tesla’s marketing summed it up best. BETTER UTILITY THAN A TRUCK WITH MORE PERFORMANCE THAN A SPORTS CAR.
Please, would you all kindly refrain from any further commentary on HP. (Do you not have any idea how fast a shirt gets ruined by constant drooling?)

FullyGrounded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
blah
Country flag
Remember, this is a heavy truck too. Generally, in EVs, weight and drag coefficient are critical in determining range. With the CT; however, only cd seems to have been so important. Pushing 6,000 pounds (nobody knows exact final weight yet) doesn't sound like a super-light EV truck. No, it's a robust tough as hell truck that can take a lot of abuse that other trucks suffered from.

This is where, adding another 1,000 pounds of overlanding gear and equipment will make the tri-motor and it's 500 mile range, a great investment. And, that solar trickle charge will be priceless.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
Remember, this is a heavy truck too. Generally, in EVs, weight and drag coefficient are critical in determining range. With the CT; however, only cd seems to have been so important. Pushing 6,000 pounds (nobody knows exact final weight yet) doesn't sound like a super-light EV truck. No, it's a robust tough as hell truck that can take a lot of abuse that other trucks suffered from.

This is where, adding another 1,000 pounds of overlanding gear and equipment will make the tri-motor and it's 500 mile range, a great investment. And, that solar trickle charge will be priceless.
True no one knows the weight but we have Elon saying same as an f150... so 4500lbs is more realistic .

FullyGrounded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
blah
Country flag
True no one knows the weight but we have Elon saying same as an f150... so 4500lbs is more realistic .
I keep hearing 6k... I can only hope for 4.5k. The thing is, these EVs have so many less parts, and such for weight and whatnot. I wonder what one of the motors weighs, 25 lbs? Put that up against a diesel or a big block. HUGE difference. I'm hoping no driveshaft, transfer case, or differential... should all save like 1k. Then, add in the weight of the exostainless... vs frame, body panels, connections, etc..

Too, I hope we can get a full specs printout when the final is revealed. I don't want just basics again. We need some real info this time! I want to start building onto my garage, order solar, order a home charger, and all. So much to do that requires some intimate knowledge. peace

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
I keep hearing 6k... I can only hope for 4.5k. The thing is, these EVs have so many less parts, and such for weight and whatnot. I wonder what one of the motors weighs, 25 lbs? Put that up against a diesel or a big block. HUGE difference. I'm hoping no driveshaft, transfer case, or differential... should all save like 1k. Then, add in the weight of the exostainless... vs frame, body panels, connections, etc..

Too, I hope we can get a full specs printout when the final is revealed. I don't want just basics again. We need some real info this time! I want to start building onto my garage, order solar, order a home charger, and all. So much to do that requires some intimate knowledge. peace
The people that say 6000lbs have no basis for that guess. They are the same people that say BEV are bad for towing because they don't know that most high tonnage vehicles are electric powered. Electric motors are most efficient when fully loaded and higher efficiency means for the same increase in load between ICE or electric the electric is affected less. In other words its range is reduce less than an ice vehicle for each additional measure of load.
So even if the truck is 6000 lbs an additional 1000lbs of gear will reduce your range less than an additional 1000lbs would reduce the range of a gas f150. Yes you can refill the f150 quicker but that is a different argument.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Well, while the drivetrain probably weighs 1k, the Model 3 battery pack weighs that much itself and the Cybertruck is going to need twice that.

But, the structural battery pack is supposed to be somewhat lighter... so who knows?

-Crissa

VolklKatana

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2019 Tesla M3 LR AWD FSD, CT3 reserved
Occupation
Data Architect
Country flag

TI4Dan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 2500 Cummins, GMC 1500, LandRover Discovery 1, Suzuki GT750, Electra Glide Ultra Classic Limited, Electra Glide Sport, RX3 Cyclone
Occupation
Retired, added 5 days to my weekend
Country flag

I have a 04' ram with a 5.9 Diesel 325hp and 610 ftlbs @ 1600 rpm, I rarely need to hammer the throttle in it with a trailer and camper on it. I can hardly imagine what the CT will feel like at 2000lbs less in weight and more power that my diesel, probably a good thing its a dual motor to spread the torque to the front wheels also.

SentinelOne

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
See Sig
Occupation
IT
Country flag
my m3p weights 4k lbs and has 450hp+...car is a rocket and a hoot to drive....so somewhere in the 8lbs per hp range. Tri motor at 800 hp and 4500lbs is 6.x lbs per hp or at 6000lbs is 7.x lbs per hp - so better power to weight ratio than an mp3 no matter what - going to be absolute nuts, cant wait.

and if my 4000 lb car with a 7x kw/h battery get's 299mi range (or 315 on 21 model) on 2170 batteries...then think about 150 kWh (2x?) 4180 batteries on a 4500-6000lb truck - obviously weight will matter, aero and tire resistance - but guess I can see where the 500mi+ range comes in.

on the fence if I keep m3p when truck comes in (bought it a month after CT reservation to ease the wait for Ct)...but absolutely adore the m3p and it's a hoot doing mountain run, doubt the ct will match it in the curves...so prob keep both...guess we'll see how much a fully loaded, all option tri-motor CT sets me back...guessing around 90k+ with FSD, offroad pkg, solar pkg, etc

patiently waiting....
Sponsored