carsly

First Name
Vin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LR Defender, Tesla Model S
Country flag
For everyone complaining, pls check out some other EV forums.

On the Hummer EV forum there are reservation holders who have been waiting years (sound familiar) meanwhile there are vehicles sitting waiting on dealer lots. At least we're not staring and counting Cybertruck inventory vehicles.

BTW, similar things have happened with Rivian as well. Long-time reservations unfilled while anyone else can hit up the web site, pick one from inventory, and have it in a few weeks.

From the outside, it all feels random - and maybe it is - but I'm guessing (hoping?) that the folks inside these companies have some business logic that we just don't see.
Sponsored

QuintenM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Country flag
They will just keep letting more and more people jump the line, to the very front, for various stupid reasons that they have not even thought of yet. Knowing there is no orderly line is really pissing me off. I was OK with the Employees first, then I was OK with VIPs like Jay Leno, then I at least understood some of the early influencers, for advertising purposes, but now this crap is getting deep.
This is not anything new they pull the same trick when I reserved my Model 3 and waited 5 yrs back then. People got money can get the top of the line M3 Performance model without waiting in the waiting list if trying to get dual motor Long range or they RWD short range under 35k.

Broski

First Name
Broski
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Tesla is bad for letting owners of the company jump the que. Have you considered cancelling your order to show Tesla how you feel about this?
I’d rather post here. More likely to be seen by
“Tesla”

Thank you for the useful tip though

Floridavid

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAM 1500, Honda CRV, Honda CB750,
Country flag
Meet the requirements and just submitted. I’m hitting the 70 day point waiting on my AWD VIN.

Georgia is getting no love, so interested if this will get my CT shortly.

Trbizwiz

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 RWD, Dodge Challenger
Occupation
Logistics
Country flag
Next up:

Anyone who buys *FSD on their current Tesla can move up and order a Cybertruck!

*Must be a new purchase of lifetime FSD on a vehicle that has previously not had FSD except for monthly subscriptions. Payment must be made in full by 3/30/2024. Limit 1 per Tesla account. Other terms and conditions may apply.

As a share holder, I support this message!!

carsly

First Name
Vin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LR Defender, Tesla Model S
Country flag
As a share holder, I support this message!!
Let's be honest with ourselves, Tesla is a publicly traded company with investors who want to see a return on their investment in addition to the public good from the shift towards electrification and clean energy in mobility. So why not use Cybertruck demand as a way to push other, high profit, products and services that exist in the Tesla portfolio?

• Buy a current Model Y (pre-Juniper) and move up the CT list!
  • Buy FSD and move up the CT list!
  • Buy a solar roof and move up the CT list!
  • Buy Powerwall 3? Move up 10,000 slots in the reservation line for every Powerwall purchased and installed by 6/30/2024!
  • Every $1,000 spent on Tesla accessories moves you up 1,000 spots in the CT list!
  • Buy a new or used Model S/X and move up 5,000 spots in the CT list or 15,000 spots if you buy both at once!
Where is P.T. Barnum at these days?

Cybertruck2024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning and Model 3
Country flag
Well, at least I know, by seeing 12 pages of comments in such a short period of time, that my feelings of not loving this new “jump in front of the line” option aren’t shared by me alone. 😂

In general, I don’t have an issue with rewarding a specific subset of shareholders. However, Tesla decided to take $1,000 nonrefundable deposits from thousands of people based on clearly announced delivery timeframes (most of us January through March). So, if they had the ability to honor those timeframes and still let this subset of shareholders ahead of us, I have absolutely no issue with that. However, it is very clear at this point that a high number of us that were told we’d receive the vehicle by the end of March will not be getting it (and Tesla, more than anyone else, knows this). This is where I take issue - Tesla has already “sold” dates for delivery and instead of doing their best to honor those dates they are changing the rules and allowing a different group to further push back those that paid for a promised delivery timeframe. I have no issues with Tesla missing timeframes because of production delays, which can happen when creating such a unique vehicle. However, changing the rules of the game after taking customers nonrefundable money - not so cool.

Let’s be honest, the only reason any of us were willing to pay the extra $20K+ was to get early access to the vehicle. At what point are those at the back-end of the FS orders going to be bumping right into the regular orders at $20K less. Then, we’re going to see some really angry people! 😳

Final thoughts in my “ode to Tesla”… like others have mentioned, first it was celebrities and influencers, then those with tons of referral points, and now a specific subset of Tesla shareholders. Can we offer votes for the next groups to jump the line? How about a couple of categories that work for me 😊. University alumni of Elon! How about Spacex investors (I chose Spacex over Tesla)! How about just being old and ugly (I’m willing to submit photos!)😂.

I’m hoping that I’ll find some therapeutic benefits from wasting my time writing crap like this… knowing that it will change absolutely nothing and I’ll still wait in my beleaguered (skipped over) spot in the queue checking the app every thirty minutes to see if I am a chosen one…
The one way you can get me to cancel my CT order is if non-FS orders are being delivered before my order. I don't know if that will happen, but it would be the straw that broke the camel's back moment for me.

I never anticipated I'd get my FS before anyone else who is getting a FS, so I don't have any complaints about any of these new programs Tesla launched.

Alan

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 S90D ,2014Tacoma, Cyberbeast ordered 2/13/24
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The offer may be to just let them order. Not to get an accelerated delivery

gaswalla

First Name
Gas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S-P100D, X-P100D, 3, CT
Country flag
The offer may be to just let them order. Not to get an accelerated delivery
Tesla's statement specifically states "delivery": Sign up by Friday, March 22, 2024 11:59 PM CT CDT to take early delivery of a Foundation Series Cybertruck

agordon117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck foundation awd
Country flag
Tesla's statement specifically states "delivery": Sign up by Friday, March 22, 2024 11:59 PM CT CDT to take early delivery of a Foundation Series Cybertruck
His point is that foundation series IS "early delivery". I've considered the possibility, but I just can't give tesla the benefit of the doubt that this is what they mean anymore.

Tesla Cybertruck Early delivery of Foundation Series Cybertruck now available to long-term verified TSLA shareholder! 1710265816724-od

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Pretty sure my quote software takes all past splits etc into account to give a true present day apples to apples value. If the prices above are accurate, then I'm getting a $24k loss also. Maybe I missed something. 😬
My basic math says it's not! The three to one was in 2022. You should complain.

-Crissa

rudedawg78

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired USAF, Emergency Manager
Country flag
Geez man, what about us Tesla rookies who never owned a Tesla and has like 4 shares of TSLA stock?!?

Shouldn't there be an incentive to acquire new Tesla customers? After all, one of the few things I learned from my MBA is that it cost companies between 5 and 25 times more money to acquire new customers, compared to retaining existing companies.

Every time I see these new incentives rewarding existing customers, it discourages me more as a new customer. :(

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Geez man, what about us Tesla rookies who never owned a Tesla and has like 4 shares of TSLA stock?!?

Shouldn't there be an incentive to acquire new Tesla customers? After all, one of the few things I learned from my MBA is that it cost companies between 5 and 25 times more money to acquire new customers, compared to retaining existing companies.
Well, much of the flubbing around is new customers who don't know how Tesla software is released or develops or how the customer service system works. So they want experienced customers first one new products.

So yeah, people like you or I will just have to wait. Like others said, let people be beta testers for us. I know I make a good alpha tester, but Tesla doesn't know that.

It'd just be nice if someone ahead of us would DM and offer to let us in their truck in exchange for a coffee or scone or something ^-^ I'm not so cheap to not reward someone who's being nice.

-Crissa

MajorVictory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Country flag
Anyone recall if this is the Same or Similar language to the 30K credit early delivery program a few weeks ago?
Sponsored