Douglas L McAllister
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Sorry about you northerners freezing but it very rarely freezes here in the desert so I think no handles is great. Elon didn’t say door handles, just handles. Maybe no intierior handles, quit panicking till you know the whole story.
Sponsored

Albern

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevrolet Volt, 202X Cybertruck Plaid+ (x2)
Country flag
I love it!!

I hope it'll be similar to the Model X with electromechanical doors all around and tailgate. Funk would be icing on the cake too (might be regulations against that?).

Imagine if these doors know when to open using the AI + cameras similar to the auto-shift feature.
:D :D

2TRACk

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
03 CR-V, 91 Toyota pickup, 97 Magna 750
Occupation
Electronic Maintenance
Country flag
Cameras will have face recognition and open upon arrival? Because phone aren't physically apart of us and not always present... true test is after a ice storm and since it wont fit most garages it would be out in the elements. Maybe a heating element in the door seal? Who knows?! ?

JoeRod97

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Camaro SS.Impala.BMW335i.HD Road King.Fatboy
Occupation
UPS driver..retired
Country flag
That would be badass!.everything about this truck is awesome.cant wait to get mine!!

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
Holy crap, I've never seen a comment posted in the morning have ten pages of responses by the end of the day. I guess when the big guy speaks, we all get pretty pepped. I agree this will save money, but I'm gonna keep a crowbar handy just in case

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
Cameras will have face recognition and open upon arrival? Because phone aren't physically apart of us and not always present... true test is after a ice storm and since it wont fit most garages it would be out in the elements. Maybe a heating element in the door seal? Who knows?! ?
Phones are going to be present, you phone will be your key.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
There's likely more out-of-the-box features yet to be revealed. If the lack of door handles throws you into a panic, is this really the vehicle for you?
Excellent point!

People should cancel now - plus you will get $100 cash back! Don't wait, that money could be working for you.

IMO, anyone who reserved before the reveal was wrapping up probably acted in haste. This is not something to take lightly and just because you have $100 down doesn't mean you have lost all free will. Go to your Tesla account now and do the right thing! It's much smarter to make large purchases like new cars in a thoughtful manner. There is no harm in cancelling your reservation and watching from afar for a few months to see if the truck will be everything it's cracked up to be.

Nothing prevents you from putting in another order after the first adopters test the water and report back. You could save yourself from the largest mistake of your life with just a little discretion and patience!

;)

mattcatt

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda CX-3, Mini Cooper
Country flag
I really love this as a safety feature against car jacking and other types of zombie hordes. Main concern is exiting CT if driven into a hazardous water situation, with the thick windows and electric doors.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I really love this as a safety feature against car jacking and other types of zombie hordes. Main concern is exiting CT if driven into a hazardous water situation, with the thick windows and electric doors.
I thought Elon was developing a submersible. That extra thick skin is meant to hold back the water pressure.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Holy crap, I've never seen a comment posted in the morning have ten pages of responses by the end of the day. I guess when the big guy speaks, we all get pretty pepped. I agree this will save money, but I'm gonna keep a crowbar handy just in case
We’re starving for news :)

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Hold onto your horseshoes because it looks like we’ll surpass 10 pages in a bit.

Gunslinger_77

First Name
Hamad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Cybertruck, Chevrolet Avalanche, Tesla 3 LR
Occupation
Director Air Traffic Management
Country flag
I can already see the people living in sub-zero winter states furiously staring at their frozen CT while mashing their Tesla App for the door to open.
This could also be trouble for us should they choose touch sensors as the temperature is around 50 Celcius for almost 3 months which means that stainless steel body will be so hot that you can fry an egg on the bonnet.